Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 22 2009, 08:41 PM
Account Not Linked

well, I did bother to read why they changed it...and frankly, I hate the new feature. Its very slow and aggravating ! I was not one that issues with the earlier problems that resulted in this change , so Im not too happy. I will just buy the big machinery and do it myself, much quicker, although it does take a lot of fun out of the game........It will probably cause me to lose interest very quickly!
Old Dec 22 2009, 08:41 PM

Default Give the new method to harvest/plow a chance!

I have to admit, I was going to post a note to express my dislike of the new method... but after working with it for a while, I like it more and more.

I prefer to harvest/plow in blocks, forming rows in a square, outling my block and then working in the middle... this is easier for me and I think it also gives the fellow farmers a clue as to where I will be working so there are no duplications of effort. This new method of harvesting/plowing is much easier to use if you are going to concentrate on one section at a time rather than pointing and clicking all over the farm.

Personally, I hate to work on a farm and feel like I have to click really fast in order to get one crop harvested or one field plowed... it is not fun to have to fight for work.... I hope that people will give this a try and see that it can work for everyone.

Yes, I know many people hate the new method... it may force you to change your habits on how you used to harvest and plow, but in my opinion, this will help to solve many problems. I still think that a limit on how many farmers that can be hired may be needed, but for now, this will help in many ways.

To the developers, thanks for making this game so fun. I can't tell you how impressed I am with your attention to these issues and your efforts to fix things or change things that the users have asked for. I have seen so many improvements over these months and continue to enjoy the game as much as I did when I started.

Happy Holidays to you all.
Cara
Old Dec 22 2009, 08:42 PM
Account Not Linked

5 mins and 3 plots harvested! by the time my avatar was not "busy" every plot around me had been harvested! I HAD an addiction to this game, investing several hrs a day, the new change has CURED me, I will check back after the holidays, and if it is STILL this way, it's BYE BYE Farmtown. I have tried several time to harvest for others, and to hire for my own farm. the market is jammed with people that do not realize that the "extra" plow jobs created by layering are aGONE. The level of frustration the change has caused me has even affected my real life satisfaction. That being said, like any other addiction, i was in need of intervention. Thank you for helping me out. keep the change and loose me and several of my family and friends, go back to the other way and we might be back.
Old Dec 22 2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicat View Post
If you had bothered at all to read why they changed it, you'd see that they are doing to fix something that was broken; people were not getting coins or XP in some instances, and it was clearly stated that there's been 70% less problems regarding these. Read the OP before you reply.
I did read the reason for the change, I was one of the ones who lost coins. This is not the answer. It has made the game unpleasant for myself and many other. Its supposed to be fun, not a competition. I can always make up the lost coins by hiring again.
Old Dec 22 2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boskherder View Post
And then you would have to wait........and wait..........and wait for your avatar to finish. Now once your finished, your finished and can go on to the next job.

i believe thats what the save button at the top is for. if you use it, you save it. if you don't, you might lose it, or wait wait wait.
Old Dec 22 2009, 08:44 PM
Account Not Linked

I read the explanation and I still do not feel like the developers "fixed" anything! Before one could just press the save button and you would not lose the Xps or coins. I think a lot of new users just never read the rules, etc. and started complaining. The new system is difficult to use. I tried it all day. I am at Level 60 and will quit playing altogether if it remains this way. The folks who "punched holes" in the fields were few and most people behaved properly while on other's farms. Please change it back. I realize it is beta, and we aren't paying for it, so we really have no say in this issue. It was fun while it lasted. Looking for a new game now.
Account Not Linked

OMG, You really Mucked thing up this time! If you are going to try and "fix" thing just because there are STUPID people playing the game, we better ad training wheels to the seeder too..

General views of the "Upgrade" look bad for Farmtown. This is what we complained about before and you fixed it once with letting us plow ahead (and harvest). This is not the answer to the lost coin/Exp point problem.. I can see why people are going to stop farming.. I am one of them!
Account Not Linked

This new upgrade has made it very slow for me to harvest and plow for my friends. I don't usually go to farms with multiple people to harvest so this upgrade has just made it frustrating for me.
Old Dec 22 2009, 08:45 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Farm Town Changes

The new changes have slowed harvesting and plowing down. I hate it, a limit should be on the number of people hired. As far as lost points, I would rather it like it was before.
The new Farm Town will make you search for other games to play. Looks like now is the time to check out what my friends are doing since they are not going to play Farm Town again.
Old Dec 22 2009, 08:46 PM

Default new release

In 3 words I HATE IT!!!!! I have a toddler and when I have a few minutes I play, but trying to harvest or plow now takes forever. I will have to stop playing because I cannot be hired to do a job and it takes that long. And Yes I have loss xps and coins too but I would rather do that than deal with the so called upgrade you have made.

If nothing changes, I am GONE...
Closed Thread