Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Jul 31 2011, 12:01 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisanrox View Post

EDIT to throw in that I don't hire for multifarms from the MP...I only hire one farm at a time, as I like to know the farms are DONE before moving on to the next one. maybe for friends I'd multi-hire, but MP? No. If someone asks why i don't I explain that I get people leaving and disconnecting.
You must have hired me in the past week or so, then (or, more likely, others do the same thing). I'll admit to the brief thought of "why not use the multi" at the time, thinking that the hiring farmer wouldn't have had to hang out and wait for me to finish, but it's a perfectly reasonable hiring practice. That's why it's a good idea for a worker to pause for a few seconds after finishing a farm before a final "TY" and exit. I've had some very nice "re-hires" that way. Just because the multifarm hiring option exists doesn't mean it must be used.
Old Jul 31 2011, 12:17 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpa View Post
Some times real life rears up and bites you in the *** when least expected. Had a 6 year old granddaughter come in with a cut hand. This is real life and I had to leave what I was doing.

A message to the farmer goes a long way.

then I have been booted off of farm town, no message can be left.

I have a farm with A LOT OF TREES, that I hires someone that wanted to work alone. About 20 minutes I asked her if she would like help and was told no thank you.

Had to leave the game with her still chopping trees, and found about 2/3 of the farm unchopped this morning that she never got to. No message so either she left and said nothing or got bounced.
its always the kids. ive had stuff happen but i just get up from the pc and then go back to it a moment later and resume the job. sure i get booted sometimes but thats why you send a message stating "just in case you or i get booted" that way the other can find you and rehire or whatever. im more into what i want in the game not others. if the person had said no to help idve said "well youre going to get help because i have to go in about X minutes". They can accept the help or they can throw a temper tantrum and leave. Thats another reason i hire tools only. i dont have to wait very long for a job to be finished.

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jul 31 2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyMo View Post
You must have hired me in the past week or so, then (or, more likely, others do the same thing).

I've done soooooooo many raspberries this week because I'm on vacation from work, I probably did. LOL

Visit my main farms,The Farms at ShortBerry!
Also check out Coal Patch Woods, my mom's farms, of which I am general manager. (It features farming on a budget...NO purchased Farm Cash with this farm!)
Old Jul 31 2011, 11:31 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default Why is it so hard to get someone to fish?

I mean SRSLY.

I ask if anyone wants to fish, then a few will say yes, but as soon as they get to the first farm, they disappear!
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 01 2011, 06:07 PM

some do some dont i allways fish can never get enough but most are chasing xp and none with fishing

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=604920037
Old Aug 01 2011, 06:32 PM

I think if people received XP's for fishing, it might be more interesting. I find fishing incredibly boring.
Old Aug 01 2011, 06:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanaleanna View Post
I think if people received XP's for fishing, it might be more interesting. I find fishing incredibly boring.
You don't get experience for harvesting either. You get a percentage of the crop and 25% of the sale price. For fishing you get about 50% of the fish. To me that would be plenty of incentive and specially if you have bait on hand for them to use.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 01 2011, 07:32 PM

shoot, half the time they dont finish what i hired them to do to begin with...LOL

Stop complaining and get a grip. It's a game for crying out loud.

farm link:
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1300663650
Old Aug 04 2011, 08:08 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamFluet View Post
I mean SRSLY.

I ask if anyone wants to fish, then a few will say yes, but as soon as they get to the first farm, they disappear!
A few reasons why I don't fish:
1. Don't have the right tool. (Which is also why I don't chop, pick flowers, or harvest trees.)
2. Hiring farmers aren't communicating about what bodies of water they have, on how many farms. It makes a difference. If they have miles of rivers, stacked waterfalls, etc. on 4 or 5 farms or more, fishing them one click at a time takes forever. A couple of big lakes or seacoasts, on the other hand, may be worth the effort if I have time. But I'm not going to accept a hiring request for fishing if the farmer hasn't told us what's there to be fished.
3. I've occasionally -- mistakenly -- clicked to accept a job that included fishing along with harvesting/plowing because I didn't see the "fishing" part soon enough to turn it down. This is likely why you've seen people click out after accepting. I hate to do that but depending on what's there to be fished, if my time is limited I pretty much don't have a choice. I do apologize to the hiring farmer, though, if he/she is present.

I've had no problems getting people to fish, but I do tell the MP up front what I have, and hire only the ones who respond to that.
Old Aug 04 2011, 08:41 PM
Account Not Linked

The fish oil pills should help. 4 carp sell for 6,000. In my books that's a big profit. Of course you lose fields, but that's no big deal.

Potato Ho