Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Dec 14 2023, 07:17 AM

I selected "thank my neighbours first" on the contest this morning, but it will not let me. Usually if the second tab is not selectable refreshing the game fixes things. But it still will not let the second tab be selected and it has started this week's contest.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old Dec 14 2023, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
I selected "thank my neighbours first" on the contest this morning, but it will not let me. Usually if the second tab is not selectable refreshing the game fixes things. But it still will not let the second tab be selected and it has started this week's contest.

Hi Qivis

If you got the rewards and the new contest for this week has started then there is no way to go back to thank your friends.
Old Jan 15 2024, 03:23 PM
Account Not Linked

Exclamation NCC Would be nice if Farmtown explained what it means..

My preferences has NCC enable.. I would like to know what NCC stands for because my PC locks up a lot especially on HUGE farms
Old Jan 15 2024, 03:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetdogy View Post
My preferences has NCC enable.. I would like to know what NCC stands for because my PC locks up a lot especially on HUGE farms
Hi Jetdogy,
I moved your post to the thread about the Neighborhood Chains Contest (NCC). You can find all the information about this contest in the Game Guide chapter 31:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621846

That contest would have nothing to do with your PC locking up on large farms.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 28 2024, 04:09 PM

Why are neighbors that I KNOW are playing NCC all day and night long contributing so FEW points to my total? These are people who regularly finish in 1st or 2nd place, yet I get less than 20K points from them, on average, in games where the winning neighborhoods have over 30 MILLION points. One of them even told me that she knows how the "algorithm" works! What does that even mean?! I don't get it.
Old Jan 28 2024, 04:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaBear777 View Post
Why are neighbors that I KNOW are playing NCC all day and night long contributing so FEW points to my total? These are people who regularly finish in 1st or 2nd place, yet I get less than 20K points from them, on average, in games where the winning neighborhoods have over 30 MILLION points. One of them even told me that she knows how the "algorithm" works! What does that even mean?! I don't get it.
Hi KoalaBear,
Yoou contribute to your contest at a much higher rate than your neighbors do because of the way it is set up. This might explain it:

How points are calculated:
  • Each XP your neighbour earns contributes 1 point.
  • Each XP you earn, will contribute as many points as the number of neighbours you have participating in the contest.
    Example:
    • If you have 100 neighbours in the contest and each of them earn 1 XP, then your neighborhood score will be 1 * 100 = 100 points.
    • Then if you earn 1 XP yourself, this will add 1 * 100 = 100 points to your neighborhood score.
    • 100 (your neighbours score) plus 100 (your score) gives you a total score of 200.

This makes your individual effort as important as the total combined effort of all your neighbours in the contest.
So it seems like they are not contributing high enough amounts compared to what you are contributing.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 28 2024, 06:16 PM

That doesn't explain why some of them contribute several hundred thousand points to my total and end up in the same 1st or 2nd place as the one who only contributed 20K points. I see both of them continuously online, continuously posting facility requests and continuously refilling their facilities. I know because I work them! It Doesn''t make sense.
Old Jan 28 2024, 07:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaBear777 View Post
That doesn't explain why some of them contribute several hundred thousand points to my total and end up in the same 1st or 2nd place as the one who only contributed 20K points. I see both of them continuously online, continuously posting facility requests and continuously refilling their facilities. I know because I work them! It Doesn''t make sense.
Hi KoalaBear,
It depends on how many of the NCC facilities they have in the contest. You may have somebody who is on line all day and refills and posts often but it they only have 1 or 2 of the facilities for the contest then they are not going to contribute a lot. You may have others who have many more facilities in the contest and they will contribute higher amounts.
Old Jan 30 2024, 06:47 AM

Default Ncc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi Vivienne57,

Nothing has changed about the way Neighbourhoods are selected.
No-one has any control over what anyone is willing to do and how much they can contribute to the NCC contest. There will be times when some farmers can earn a lot of points and there will be times when they may be far more busy and can not contribute as much that week.

Your neighbour is still helping you with your own contest the exact same way they would if they were not showing up in the Competing Neighbourhood.

Even if there were enough participating in the NCC and it was possible to not show any current Neighbour in a competing Neighbourhood that still does not guarantee anything about your own Neighbourhoods ability to earn points or what the Competing Neighbourhood may be able to earn. You could still be competing with those that could earn as many or more points than your own Neighbourhood.

If you have not already done so, you can post your request for what you would like to see changed in the NCC in the relevant post related to your idea in the Suggestions area of the forum where the developers will see it.
(Nothing has changed about the way Neighbourhoods are selected.) Maybe they should change. I feel the developers don't listen. In fact, I know they don't because I have posted about this issue before. Why should I bust a gut to help my neighbours who I think are helping me when really, I am helping them to get ahead and getting 1st or 2nd place. I didn't play NCC once for a whole week and I had neighbours saying to me they didn't get 1st or 2nd because of it. My main point is I add neighbours who contribute so much to NCC for my benefit so why should they be pitted against me in another NCC. It's not right. No point in putting it on the suggestions board if developers are not going to take any notice. well, there is no if about it, they won't. I spend a lot of money on this game because I do rate the game as the best ever game around and I don't play any others. Most of the time, I enjoy playing but this issue continues to bug me. Maybe I should just not play NCC at all. Sorry to sound so despondent and complaining but this issue does put a damper on the game.
Old Feb 03 2024, 04:24 AM

Angry knocked me off the 7 day game

I have been removed from playing the 7 day game until the next game starts as rejected or something. I paid my cash coins to buy one of the facilities. I am quite upset about this as I play every week and am always buying cash to buy facilities. Can you please fix my farm Jaxon where I purchased the orphanage.
Thank you!

Tags
add faciities in contest, disable ncc, enable ncc, facilities in contest, missing in ncc, ncc, ncc rewards, neighborhood chain, neighborhood contest