Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Feb 17 2013, 06:20 PM

Would Slashkey PLEASE acknowledge that there was/is a problem on page 1 of this new release like they usually do and let us know when the irrigation problem is solved for good so we won't have to just wonder or plant a 4 day crop, only to have to actually wait 4 days for it to harvest.
Old Feb 17 2013, 06:20 PM

It's unusual, though, for Raul and his team to remain quiet for this long, when there's a big problem in an update. He's usually posting updates to his original post within hours of the release. I'm happy when an update is released for the weekend, because I have time to play the game -- but maybe it's not so good for them to release a big update for the weekend, if the team is planning to go home until Monday. I'm just saying...

And... it might be Tuesday. Tomorrow is a holiday in the United States (President's Day). I have the day off work, and they probably do, also.
Old Feb 17 2013, 06:35 PM

wow they are usualy good at fixing thing there could be many reason why it is not fix. and i am having issues but i have to wait till they fix nothing i can do to make them get fix faster. and i ok waiting because i know it is beta game and it is free..
Old Feb 17 2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglnwhite View Post
So we know there is a glitch with the sprinkler system ... just wanted to share my experience since I'm doing my weekend planting.
Before the update, I was required to either wait until all crops had been "planted" as indicated by my avatar processing all plantings, OR instead, save the planting and refresh the farm BEFORE I was allowed to water with my green sprinkler. The system would always say "Wait, I'm busy" if I tried to water before the planting had been completed.

That did not happen today. I was permitted to use my green sprinkler before all plantings had been processed. It showed that all the crops had been watered, but when I refreshed the page, the plantings that had not been processed before I watered actually were not. The result was a farm with half watered crops.

For now, the way to avoid the half-watered crops is to NOT water until all plantings have been processed/saved by the avatar. Better yet, save the work and refresh the farm before you water at all.

The devs will work this out soon, but there is something we can do to avoid the frustration in the meantime.
Not in my case I always reload the farm before i fertalise or sprinkle and i have the same problem with stuff finishing all over the place as a lot of others lol

Visit My Farm
Old Feb 17 2013, 08:46 PM

Thought I would chime in too on the watering. I didn't realize there was a problem until I got to half grown farms tonight.

So in fixing the mess I harvested what was done....re planted something else.....refreshed and watered.....came back to check and part of it isn't watered.

Just thought I'd let you know so Raul gets the whole picture.
Old Feb 17 2013, 08:55 PM

Have issues with green sprinkler not watering all of the crop that is planted. i ahve tried having trees and flowers on as i water after i plant. yes waters but when reload farm only part of the crops are watered. have also tried with flowers off/on and trees off/on at different stages and crops still only showing part is watered. all but my first farm are 30x30 and all are the same. one farm i have the same crop at 3 different stages and only part of it watered. hope they get this fixed soon but until then have to treat it like a kinder surprise jsut never know what you are getting at the time lol. great updates but will hold of getting new sprinkler until this bug is fixed.
Old Feb 17 2013, 10:33 PM

Default More Info for the Development Team

This is an update on my farm 13. Yesterday I planted Acorn Squash on the farm and used my red sprinkler to irrigate the crops and flowers (which I had just harvested). About half the farm (left side) showed sped-up crop growth, while the other half (right side) showed the original growth time. The flowers were all irrigated (showed growth time cut in half).

Tonight I went back to that farm, and decided to use the red sprinkler on it again, since it's a long-term crop and the difference in growth times was large (1 day to go on the left side, 3 days on the right side). This time I used my own successful workaround. I showed flowers and trees on the farm, and then clicked the red sprinkler to irrigate the growing crops. As expected, only the right side of the Acorn Squash crops were sped up, getting successfully irrigated this time -- while the left side (sped up yesterday) remained at 1 day to go. So now I have half with 1 day to go, and half with 1.5 days to go, which is better.

Here's the surprising part. My flowers, which had already been irrigated (growth time cut in half) yesterday -- were irrigated AGAIN! The remaining growth time was cut in half, and now they're going to be ready to harvest again very soon. I know this isn't supposed to happen, and didn't used to happen before the recent update. I hope this information will help in figuring out what the problem is, so it can be fixed more quickly.
Old Feb 17 2013, 11:26 PM

I watered crops with the green sprinkler. It registered as fertilized and watered, F,W. That was several hours ago. Now the crops are only registering "F" and I'm not getting the extra time before the crops wilt.
Old Feb 18 2013, 02:42 AM

Raul has updated his announcement on page one:

"Known Issues:

- When using brown sprinkler to Water neighbour flowers it shows farm names for current user playing, not farm owner farm names

- If you use the Brown Sprinkler you can not use the others right after that

- Multiple issues with sprinklers and not all plants been speed up in a farm

- Harvesting flowers sometimes revert them to ready to harvest again"

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Feb 18 2013, 05:15 AM

this morning I found out that at least 3 farms are not completely fertilized and therefor also not completely ready . I know its a known issue with sprinkler.
I noticed also something else...while have 10 farms ready to h/p...after planting I fertilized 3, to find out that on the other (not fertilized farms) it stated F,W + in time manager it stated not able to fertilize in 20 hours, for all farms.
Closed Thread

Tags
train