Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 22 2009, 07:06 PM

the coin xp problem is not a fix for the social netwoking that was happening with the other way....Now visiting is out!!!
Old Dec 22 2009, 07:07 PM
Account Not Linked

I love Farm Town but I really do not want to play anymore. The new way to harvest and plow is a nighmare! Some folks still harvest and plow faster so the problem is not really solved. There are some really greed farmers out there and think they need to harvest or plow the whole farm! Maybe the solution would be to limit how many can be hired to harvest or plow on a farm. I found if I used my laptop computer it is a lot faster than my PC but I am very frustrated with the changes and it does not matter which computer I use. I understand why this was done and that is a good thing but...I missed out on coins and XP and never complained. Seems the farm did not load the same for those that came after me and could harvest crops I already harvested or the same with the plowing. Maybe that could be fixed too. Really wish it could be put back the way it was.
Old Dec 22 2009, 07:07 PM

Default Let the guy talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy Dungarees View Post
And what about those who would rather have their xps and coins? Oh I guess it's all about the individual isn't it?

You have a grand total of three posts. Are you telling me you have read EVERY single post to come to the conclusion that you "haven't seen anything about this at all" in regards to the lost xps and coins?
SNAPPY, I don't see the need to blow the guy off because of the number of posts. I don't post a lot on the forum (as you do) only when I have something to say.
Now for my 'something' to say. Anybody that gets bent out of shape over losing a couple hundred points or coins must not have much of a life. We're dealing with thousands of points a day and millions of coins. We can do that with the plowing and harvesting as it was. We can't now.
Tell you what, let's ask Raul to set it up so that if someone complains about losing a point, we are allowed to 'gift' him a point (for each he lost) same for XP's. I have personally never lost either, or if I did it was so insignificant I didn't miss them.

So just because you post a lot of comments doesn't make you any more correct than someone that only posts 3 times. Give him a break.
Old Dec 22 2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buppa View Post
For the few times I lost XP, it is not worth it to me... This is terribly slower. Quite simply, it isn't fun, and until it is changed, I won't plow, plant, harvest... my two farms of pineapples can rot.
oh may i do your pineapples i got a few HOURS to spare..
Old Dec 22 2009, 07:08 PM

Thumbs down

i see the need for the changes but really this just SUCKS! Farmtowns is one of the best apps on facebook and this change will cause you to go *bllop* and crash out. i used to harvest 1 or 2 to do my farm now I will have to hire 6 or 7 just so I can finish without knocking too much off my internet...change it back or farmtowns looses alot of their users to farmville
Old Dec 22 2009, 07:09 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default Slow game - fun and advertising

Hi Guys,

I've lost a pile of money, and points... probably 2 levels worth, but I haven't complained - to me, it's an unfortunate part of the game that I could live with. The problem is, the apparent fix may have fixed the points and coins issues, but it has caused the game to slow down so much, that it's no longer fun........ fun is after all, why we're here, to escape reality for a while (for some, more time than others). I don't think this is anywhere near as much fun as it was yesterday or a few days ago, therefore I think you need to find a better fix than this, or risk losing a lot of players.... to you, this reads advertising revenue, which is not fun, it's serious. I hope you read this and give it some deep thought. I am signing out, will try again in a day or so to see if you've figured out a better way to do this. Incidentally, while you're about it, it seems crazy that I can hire harvesters but not plowers.... just because I don't have enough neighbours.
Cheers, and please keep working at it, Terry

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Account Not Linked

Please change it back to the way it was I know alot of people that are going to stop playing cuz it is so slow that we spend forever trying to harvest a feild
Account Not Linked

[quote=mechelle61;2907734]OK I understand why. People were running all over you in a field. But It takes sooooo loooonnnngggg to get a job done. I was actually disconnected tonight in the middle of a job. I lost xp points also, but I made them up, eventually. At this rate I'll never get to even buy a mansion, much less a second farm. It may be good for those who were already high up, but for us beginners its not good. We have to work many farms to get an upgrade, at this rate we will never get there.[/QU

It was kind of like this when I first started,harvest 1 plot at a time and we couldn't get hired to plow,and I still made enough to buy mansions and anything else there was. I think once everyone gets use to this they will love it,sure sames the beggers from jumping all over the place. Good job this time

Farmer Since: Aug 23 2009
Level:
XP:

I love the new update. It was so frustrating before and lets face it there are some aggressive players who just click to be clicking. I for one love the change and now the game will be fair for all who play it. Thank You

Visit Gene moore's Farm

Old Dec 22 2009, 07:10 PM

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
XP:

This change is causing my browser to crash or my computer to freeze and if i don't get hit with that i get server connection so i lose the work anyway ,,,,sorry i hate this change no fun when you can no longer play the game.

Even the old old way where the avatar went off it's own merry way never caused me the problems this is today.

Hope you will revise this so i can enjoy my favorite on-line game again, otherwise my level 60 2 farms has been for nothing.

Closed Thread