Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 02 2017, 12:46 PM

The one every 24 hours did not bother me. It is the time it takes to prepare a ship, and yes I know I can just do a couple of containers. I did enjoy the ships when they first came out, prepare all containers in and hour and sent them out, was excited to see the ships in my port and send them on. Then the change Saturday night and now I am not happy with them. As my ships come in they are going in to storage where they will probably stay for ever.

Farming since April 26 2009
Old Jan 02 2017, 12:55 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to beverduster

i dont understand all the squabbling about the ships, i got all 7 and always have 1 sittin in my port, for crying out loud, what you get back dont cost you or the person that your ship docks at, i have no problem with the ships, ill just be glad when they come out with the farm cash ships, ill get all of them too, im waitin on the new release, i need another farm
Old Jan 02 2017, 01:12 PM

Putting mine in storage until they find some other way to prepare containers. I don't like being tied down to checking in that often. I will click on others ships as they come in as that doesn't take so long and doesn't really tie me down.
Old Jan 02 2017, 01:29 PM

Time to close this thread and move on. I am getting sea sick!!! Anxiously awaiting a new release and a new farm.
Old Jan 02 2017, 01:32 PM

Default Next update overdue?

Just wondering what the prospect is for the next update. It has been 32 days now since the last one on Dec. 1st.
Old Jan 02 2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini View Post
Just wondering what the prospect is for the next update. It has been 32 days now since the last one on Dec. 1st.
almost every where is observing the new years holiday today, so im sure the devs get the day off too.
Old Jan 02 2017, 02:50 PM

First.... I like the ships.

I have filled all 10 containers on some, and 7 or 8 on some others.... no big deal.

I let one ship go beyond the 24 hours and had to start over..... no big deal.

Fuel is not an issue ( I still have about 290 million fuels).... no big deal.

A ship returning with 10 containers and successful stops at 30 ports unloads 1.4million products.... that's a big deal since I only paid coin once for the ship.

so

I will continue to advance any and all ships docked at my port. Takes less time to do that than it does to go from one farm to another. And 5,000 coin for a full ship is quick ca$h for 2-3 seconds work.

Like another poster, I will buy future FC enhancements to the Cargo Ships.

I don't have the goal of just acquiring exp points etc. I post often, not daily. And I respect the views and goals of any and all other players.... that is the beauty of the game - to each his own.

I used to do quests, and still have a very nice Quest Farm that I will return to .... some day (if my ship comes in).

If you like the ships, play and enjoy and help others who come to your port.
If you don't like the ships, ignore that part of the game, but please at least take a few SECONDS to advance a neighbors ship.

Old Jan 02 2017, 03:22 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
First.... I like the ships.

I have filled all 10 containers on some, and 7 or 8 on some others.... no big deal.

I let one ship go beyond the 24 hours and had to start over..... no big deal.

Fuel is not an issue ( I still have about 290 million fuels).... no big deal.

A ship returning with 10 containers and successful stops at 30 ports unloads 1.4million products.... that's a big deal since I only paid coin once for the ship.

so

I will continue to advance any and all ships docked at my port. Takes less time to do that than it does to go from one farm to another. And 5,000 coin for a full ship is quick ca$h for 2-3 seconds work.

Like another poster, I will buy future FC enhancements to the Cargo Ships.

I don't have the goal of just acquiring exp points etc. I post often, not daily. And I respect the views and goals of any and all other players.... that is the beauty of the game - to each his own.

I used to do quests, and still have a very nice Quest Farm that I will return to .... some day (if my ship comes in).

If you like the ships, play and enjoy and help others who come to your port.
If you don't like the ships, ignore that part of the game, but please at least take a few SECONDS to advance a neighbors ship.

Amen I have neighbors in Australia, the UK, and Germany, and France.When I am a sleep, they are awake and vise versa. I have skipped ,going on to the next,if it has been a good while,but I try my best to send neighbors ships on. If not quickly,may be I am asleep.
Old Jan 02 2017, 04:47 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
I'm still having trouble highlighting ships. It seemed to get better for a few days so I thought it was fixed but this morning has been awful. I gave up trying to highlight my brown ship on Chrome so I could load the next container. I switched to my iPhone and finally was able to do it on Puffin, but it took about 30+ clicks on the brown ship before I finally got the contextual menu and could do the work I needed to do. I checked in Firefox - that browser may work a LITTLE better, but still, it's really hard to find the sweet spot on my brown ship. I wish I had more info about when it's ok and when it's not, but I don't. One thing I'm doing is moving the ship I'm working on out into open waters each day so I know which one to fill. So maybe there's one spot on my farm that doesn't work well. I'm trying to put them in about the same place each day but that's obviously not an exact method. Once they're in the "no-hover zone", it's doubly frustrating because since I can't get them to hover, I also can't move them. My cursor won't highlight them, nor do the green or yellow hands.

I cleared my cache on both FF and Chrome - also did the memcache. At first I thought that might have fixed it because I could highlight the brown ship first try. But after that, it's now back to the no-highlight zone.
I also use Chrome and have not had a problem selecting my ship. I have just one, which I hung off the upper right edge behind a bunch of snow hills. So I have to use the magnifying glass to search for it (it will be nice when we can get to the ships from the seaport manager), but once I've done that I have no problem selecting it.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jan 02 2017, 06:22 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Please help.

There's a new problem I am having with ship ( Yellow ) containers, the Food container specifically. When preparing my ship, that was the first container I prepared. After doing 3 more containers..the Food container went back to 0. So I did it again, would not even close that window until the 45 minutes had passed...Got back to 100%. Then dispatched ship...I go and look ....the Food container isn't included amongst the containers on ship. I really need the cheese.
Closed Thread