Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jan 24 2020, 06:05 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans View Post
After I sent all ships out, I exited and then 2 more ships came in. One was 2 hr and 14 min the other less than a minute.

My question, why the 2 hr 14 min if I just sent out all ships?
Hi texans,

There could be a couple of reasons.

The first is that the data just did not transfer in a timely manner so when you looked it did not show you all ships.

The only other times I have known this to happen is when the previous port is skipped for some reason. When it arrives at the next port the time showing is an accumulation of the time it had been waiting at the previous port plus the time it was waiting at the next port. If it's this one, the only way you could know for sure is to load that ship individually rather than using rather than using Load All for all ships at once, and see what reward you go for loading it. If it has been at your port for less than an hour you will get your maximum reward.

Last edited by Tiger; Jan 24 2020 at 06:12 AM.
Old Jan 25 2020, 11:36 AM

Default container

I loaded and sent out my purple ship. neighbors are already loading and sending it on its way. when I load up my farm I am getting a pop up telling me that my container is finished on my purple ship I cleared memcache. reloaded. still getting that pop up. https://prnt.sc/qsrds2
Old Jan 25 2020, 11:40 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammyjo408 View Post
I loaded and sent out my purple ship. neighbors are already loading and sending it on its way. when I load up my farm I am getting a pop up telling me that my container is finished on my purple ship I cleared memcache. reloaded. still getting that pop up. https://prnt.sc/qsrds2
Hi Tammyjo,
Try clicking on the green check and let it open the ship, then close that. Hopefully that will clear it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 25 2020, 11:44 AM

tried that. still getting pop up. even closed all tabs, ran ccleaner. memcache again. got back on facebook, loaded farm. still getting pop up.
Old Jan 25 2020, 12:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammyjo408 View Post
tried that. still getting pop up. even closed all tabs, ran ccleaner. memcache again. got back on facebook, loaded farm. still getting pop up.
Hi Tammyjo,
We have hgeard of this occasionally, but don't know why it happens and it is intermitent. As you have tried everything we know to do then the only thing we can offer is to contact Support about this. It may eventually stop on it's own.
To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 25 2020, 12:38 PM

thank you. sent in a ticket. hopefully it will work itself out
Old Jan 29 2020, 10:47 PM
Account Not Linked

Have only just noticed this happening since the release of the cranes for the ships. When I have been off for a while and find a number of ships in my port and move them on, work a few farms and reload, some of the ships that had been moved on are back in my port, showing that they have been there 8 hours say waiting yet I moved all on 10 minutes previously. A neighbour has just moved one of two of my ships on but not the second, I messaged her and her port was empty, she reloaded the game and the second of my ships was there showing it had been in her port just short of 8 hours???
Old Jan 29 2020, 11:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpdad View Post
Have only just noticed this happening since the release of the cranes for the ships. When I have been off for a while and find a number of ships in my port and move them on, work a few farms and reload, some of the ships that had been moved on are back in my port, showing that they have been there 8 hours say waiting yet I moved all on 10 minutes previously. A neighbour has just moved one of two of my ships on but not the second, I messaged her and her port was empty, she reloaded the game and the second of my ships was there showing it had been in her port just short of 8 hours???
Hi Grumpdad,
I have moved your post to the Help & Support subject thread about Cargo Ships as this is not somthing to do with the current release. There have been some posts concerning ships not showing in the ports when they should. We have been checking on this, but it does not happen every time making it harder to pin down for the developers. It doesn't have anything to do with the cranes as there have been sporadic reports on this for a while, though the cranes may make it more noticable.
Old Jan 29 2020, 11:28 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Grumpdad,
I have moved your post to the Help & Support subject thread about Cargo Ships as this is not somthing to do with the current release. There have been some posts concerning ships not showing in the ports when they should. We have been checking on this, but it does not happen every time making it harder to pin down for the developers. It doesn't have anything to do with the cranes as there have been sporadic reports on this for a while, though the cranes may make it more noticable.
Thanks Taz, just to clarify, neither I nor the neighbour I mentioned have purchased the cranes as yet, both of us move them on one at a time.
Old Jan 31 2020, 06:12 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Somebody "in-charge" here please un-confuse me...when it comes to dispatching cargo ships, why do I have to keep resetting the itinerary EVERY.SINGLE.TIME?

Think about what the itinerary statement says "This ship now has the same itinerary used by the latest ship you dispatched".

IF this were a true statement, then after dispatching all seven (7) of my cargo ships TWICE, then the "latest ship's itinerary" would never change & I would not have to set this itinerary up so that it doesn't try to visit neighbors' ports who don't play cargo ships!

I've been doing cargo ships since they were first introduced, so that means I've had to "re-select" my ships' itineraries THOUSANDS of times.

Would the developers please look into revising this so that the dispatch process can be sped up?

DB:W20, MPS:C20

Tags
cargo ships, container, cranes, dispatch ship, logbook, pink port, port deleted, red skip port, replace port, reuse itinerary, ship rewards, ship's logbook, ships, skip port