Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jan 23 2020, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi SageRene,
I moved your post to the subject thread about gifts.

When you get down to the last of your gifts sometimes they do get stuck and show again when you have already gotten them.
The way to clear these is to go to your Facebook home page and under the Explore section in the left column find Games and click on it. Then click on Activity at the top of that screen. There you can accept those gifts again (you won't get them) and that will clear them out.
Sorry, but the person who reported this problem is not the only one. I have clicked on the FB Games page multiple times and Ignored All for Farm Town requests. And I have cleared the Farm Town Cache, the Adobe Settings All Pages, and even my browser cache several times and am still getting the same requests repeatedly for the last 3 hours.

Figures. I posted the above and suddenly try, try, cry again works! Facebook must be having an exceptionally bad day....

Clear FT Cache
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager (2nd tab from the right to delete all sites)
http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager07.html

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives!

Last edited by Qivis; Jan 23 2020 at 01:14 PM.
Old Jan 23 2020, 03:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
Sorry, but the person who reported this problem is not the only one. I have clicked on the FB Games page multiple times and Ignored All for Farm Town requests. And I have cleared the Farm Town Cache, the Adobe Settings All Pages, and even my browser cache several times and am still getting the same requests repeatedly for the last 3 hours.

Figures. I posted the above and suddenly try, try, cry again works! Facebook must be having an exceptionally bad day....
Hi Qivis,
No where did I say that this is the only person having this problem. I have had the problem myself. This is a problem in communication between Facebook and Farm Town. Also in my directions to the person I said to accept the gifts in the Facebook Game section, not to ignore them so that may be why you had to do this 3 times to get them to clear.
There isn't anything that we or Farm Town can do to fix this issue. First it is intermittent which makes it difficult to pinpoint where the problem is. It only happens and not every time when you try to accept the last oldest batch of gifts.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 25 2020, 04:19 PM

I am using Firefox as I used to do. I haven't played the game in months and I realize that the last time I tried to play I did the same thing. Empty boxes down below, unable to send gifts, says use drop down menu for all farmers, but there was none and now after reinstalling adobe etc, I cannot even load the game. PLEASE help me with this problem

Last edited by Taz D; Jan 25 2020 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote
Old Jan 25 2020, 04:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattipo View Post
I am using Firefox as I used to do. I haven't played the game in months and I realize that the last time I tried to play I did the same thing. Empty boxes down below, unable to send gifts, says use drop down menu for all farmers, but there was none and now after reinstalling adobe etc, I cannot even load the game. PLEASE help me with this problem
Hi Pattipo,
For the empty boxes and not being able to send gifts make sure you have cookies and pop ups allowed according to the instructions on how to do that in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

Make sure your Firefox is up to date as well as the Flash Player. We now have to "allow" Flash every session we open Firefox to play the game. If you still cannot get into the game try all the suggestions in the first post of the following link as well as the links within that post:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 30 2020, 06:58 AM

Checked every thing. Did pop up things can't do gifts, says I have sent to friends when I try individually, no neighbors show up. Only option is NON neighbors. With gifts only option is people no longer playiing
Old Jan 30 2020, 07:59 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattipo View Post
Checked every thing. Did pop up things can't do gifts, says I have sent to friends when I try individually, no neighbors show up. Only option is NON neighbors. With gifts only option is people no longer playiing
Hi Pattipo,

Taz is not available at the moment.

If when you tried to send a gift individually you saw a message saying you had already sent one then that's why those friends are not showing up, as there is a time you have to wait until you can send them again. In case you don't remember how often you can send them, you can send them once every 8 hours unless you own the gifting machines that allow you to send more often than that.

Are you saying you have not sent any gifts today at all, either from a gift request post on Facebook, via the my requests page or the send gift page? If you are, please double check all aspects of the time and date are still showing correct on your computer. If any part of that is incorrect that can cause a problem with timings in the game.

If it's not that and the time and date are correct, please open your toolbox and click on the Show Times icon. It looks like this:

Look in the Gamewide section for Resend Gifts. If you can send gifts there will be a green check mark next to that. If you can not send gifts yet, there will be a time showing which is how long you need to wait.

If you do not see a green check mark and see a time instead, please make a note of what time it is saying and then do not attempt to send any gifts for at least one hour. When you have waited an hour, reload the game and see if the time showing in the Show Time section has gone down. If it has you just need to wait until you see a green check mark and then try sending gifts again.
Old Jan 31 2020, 07:09 PM

Red face Missing gifts

I just went to collect my gifts and return gifts, and I had received around 175 different things. I exhanged them for about 50 eggs, 50 fresh bait, 50 seafood bait and the rest fuel. The only gifts I received when going back to my farm were the fuel gifts. Where did the rest of them go? Thanks!
Old Jan 31 2020, 07:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaKanode View Post
I just went to collect my gifts and return gifts, and I had received around 175 different things. I exhanged them for about 50 eggs, 50 fresh bait, 50 seafood bait and the rest fuel. The only gifts I received when going back to my farm were the fuel gifts. Where did the rest of them go? Thanks!
Hi MammaKanode,
The only thing I see in your gift box is 208 canned octopus. Did you not empty your gift box before exchanging and accepting the gifts? Do you have a second set of farms you did this on rather than the one attached to your account here?

Is it possible you exchanged and accepted the same group of gifts over and over in which case you would only get whatever the first group of gifts were exchanged for?

I can only suggest you try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Are you showing any gifts (number on My Requests tab) now?

Unfortunately we have no way to replace the missing gifts. Hopefully the memcache cleaning will straighten it out and allow you to collect gifts correctly in the future. In the future, I suggest you exchange and accept the batch of 50 gifts, then return to your farms and move those gifts from the gift box to storage or where ever they go before doing the next batch of 50.
Old Jan 31 2020, 10:27 PM

Default What?

I have never had to do that before. So you are saying to accept 50 gifts, go back to my farm, unload them, and go for the gifts again? Getting complicated for sure. In all these years I have never had a problem. Usually they are all there. Good to know though. Seems things keep getting more complicated in teh simple things in the game. Keep that in mind. It shouldn't be that way.
Old Jan 31 2020, 10:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaKanode View Post
I have never had to do that before. So you are saying to accept 50 gifts, go back to my farm, unload them, and go for the gifts again? Getting complicated for sure. In all these years I have never had a problem. Usually they are all there. Good to know though. Seems things keep getting more complicated in teh simple things in the game. Keep that in mind. It shouldn't be that way.
Hi MammaKanode,
There is a limit to how much the Gift Box will hold. By going back to the farm and looking at least at the gift box then you can confirm that they got there.

Tags
can't accept gifts, can't exchange, can't send gifts, exchange gifts, gift, gift box, gift errors, gifts, gifts not showing up, how many gifts, not able to receive gifts, receive gifts, receiving gifts, returning gifts, send gifts, sending gifts, stuck gifts, unable to receive gifts, window narrows