Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jan 19 2020, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtravis54 View Post
I purchased the Taste of Austria, 2-3 days ago. I cannot get it to show up in the Chains game, please help
Hi gtravis

You can have as many Coins facilities participating in the contest as you have FarmCash facilities participating in the contest.

You have:

.- 1 Beauty Salon (FC)
.- 1 Native American Restaurant (FC)

and

.- 2 Artisan Jewelry Studio (Coins)

If you want to add the Taste of Austria which costs coins, you should purchase another Farmcash facility.

LINKING YOUR FARM TO THE FORUM

SUPPORT TEAM

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009
Old Jan 21 2020, 01:46 AM
Account Not Linked

Trying to understand the new NCC rating. When I load the facilities for quests my total goes up as before but shouldn't it also go up by working other neighbour facilities or can someone explain it for dummies like me
Old Jan 21 2020, 06:14 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodkay1@bigpond.com View Post
Trying to understand the new NCC rating. When I load the facilities for quests my total goes up as before but shouldn't it also go up by working other neighbour facilities or can someone explain it for dummies like me
Hi rodkay,

The new NCC points scoring is not released yet so nothing has changed with how points are scored right now. It would be better to wait for that to be released to see exactly what happens in case anything changes.

Currently it works like this:
Any friends you have that are a neighbour for you, that are taking part in the contest, will add points to their score when they start/load products in their facilities. 1 point per XP. The XP you earn in your own facilites also counts 1 point for each XP. The XP you earned for working your friends facilites does not count for the NCC, what it does is allows them to reload their facilities to add more points to the NCC which then helps your score.

What is being proposed is that your own work in your own facilites counts for more than it does now, so you will get more points for those. Instead of 1 point per XP you earned your 1 point changes to the amount of neighbours you have in your neighbourhood so if you earned 1 XP and you had 100 neighbours in your neighbourhood you would get 100 points instead of 1 point.

The points your neighbours currently earn is not changing.

Last edited by Tiger; Jan 21 2020 at 07:06 AM.
Old Jan 23 2020, 04:35 AM

I just got onto the Neighborhood Chain Contest and I got a problem or maybe it is just the way it looks. But my neighborhood chain got third place and the rewards is -100% of the output of the Long Hopper Car.
Is that - a true minus or is it to put distance between the previous sentence? If so, that minus shouldn't be there at all.

Thank you.

~*~ #1 - Spencer Creek ~*~
Old Jan 23 2020, 07:38 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethFB View Post
I just got onto the Neighborhood Chain Contest and I got a problem or maybe it is just the way it looks. But my neighborhood chain got third place and the rewards is -100% of the output of the Long Hopper Car.
Is that - a true minus or is it to put distance between the previous sentence? If so, that minus shouldn't be there at all.

Thank you.
Hi BethFB,

I have moved your post to help and support for the NCC.

In the NCC prize window that is not a minus it is just a dash. When you win one of the top two places you have more than one prize, and they are shown like a list with a dash before each prize. For example if you were to Rank #2
your prize would be listed like this in the window:

- 1 FarmCash
- 2 times the output of the Long xxx car

I can not tell you why the devs decided to list them like that, but rest assured nothing was deducted you will have got your prize.
Old Jan 23 2020, 09:52 AM

I got third place in the NCC, so I got one prize.
There was no spaces between the dash and the 100%, thus is why I was wondering if it was a true minus or a a regular dash.

~*~ #1 - Spencer Creek ~*~
Old Jan 24 2020, 09:45 PM
Account Not Linked

Thank you for updating me on how new NCC will operate..however some of us cannot get new neighbours due to ID number system. So some people have an advantage as they have over 100 neighbours whereas some players cannot make a new player a neighbour as they have higher ID numbers ...so even if they have no where near 100+ players because of the numbers they cannot neighbour them. Does that mean you have to find people who have been playing for years to make up your neighbours?
Old Jan 24 2020, 09:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodkay1@bigpond.com View Post
Thank you for updating me on how new NCC will operate..however some of us cannot get new neighbours due to ID number system. So some people have an advantage as they have over 100 neighbours whereas some players cannot make a new player a neighbour as they have higher ID numbers ...so even if they have no where near 100+ players because of the numbers they cannot neighbour them. Does that mean you have to find people who have been playing for years to make up your neighbours?
Hi Rodkay,
It doesn't matter how many neighbors you have. The limit for all is pretty close to the same which would be between 90 and 110.

It will depend on how many neighbors you have that will do the contest. Not every neighbor you have will do that I am sure. Some just do not want to do it.
Why not wait and see how it works as the only thing I see it changing is that the one whose team it is has some better control over how many points they can amass. Those who are very active working on the contest will be able to get more points. Those who sit back and let their neighbors get all the points will not score as high within the 10 competitors.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 25 2020, 12:00 PM

My suggestion for the weekly neighborhood chain quests:
In selecting the other neighborhoods to challenge for the week, it would be less frustrating and more fair to be with neighborhoods of close to same equal number of facilities. This week has been the most unequaled for my neighborhood than any other week. (My neighborhood has probably only had a handful of chances to be close enough to try and advance to at least 3rd the whole years of the neighborhood chain quests has been in existence.) My neighborhood facilities this week chain: 83 against the others 110-153. So there is no incentive to actually try and do what it would take to rise to the challenge for it would be futile.
Old Jan 25 2020, 12:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marysorg@hotmail.com View Post
My suggestion for the weekly neighborhood chain quests:
In selecting the other neighborhoods to challenge for the week, it would be less frustrating and more fair to be with neighborhoods of close to same equal number of facilities. This week has been the most unequaled for my neighborhood than any other week. (My neighborhood has probably only had a handful of chances to be close enough to try and advance to at least 3rd the whole years of the neighborhood chain quests has been in existence.) My neighborhood facilities this week chain: 83 against the others 110-153. So there is no incentive to actually try and do what it would take to rise to the challenge for it would be futile.
Hi marysorg,
I moved your post from Suggestions to the Help & Support subject thread about the NCC so I could answer you. What you are asking is exactly what they do in trying to set up the competing teams with the closest total amounts of facilities. However, they do not have any control over who will enter the contest or how many neighbors they have entering to get the total number of facilities. We can not force players to enter the competition, so they can only group what competitors they have with the closest amounts of facilities. It could be that either more or less people are playing this week because of the coming change to how the points are computed.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Tags
add faciities in contest, facilities in contest, ncc, neighborhood chain, neighborhood contest