Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Aug 25 2011, 09:41 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

why do some of the vehicles in the store not sit on the asphalt paths at all? why do some of the vehicles you have to sit halfway on the asphalt and halfway on sidewalks? and why is it so difficult to get any vehicle positioned without it being covered by sidewalks and/or the asphalt path?

and why can all vehicles not be rotated 4 ways? so we can place them in the direction we would like them to go?

Sunburst Market
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 25 2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbraswell View Post
why do some of the vehicles in the store not sit on the asphalt paths at all? why do some of the vehicles you have to sit halfway on the asphalt and halfway on sidewalks? and why is it so difficult to get any vehicle positioned without it being covered by sidewalks and/or the asphalt path?

and why can all vehicles not be rotated 4 ways? so we can place them in the direction we would like them to go?
unfortunatly its just the way it is this has been mentioned before and we have been advised there is nothing they can do about it. it just takes carefull positioning.

Click HERE For instructions on clearing your browser's cache
Click HERE To clear your macromedia cache files
Click HERE For instructions on linking your farm to the forum
Old Aug 25 2011, 10:01 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverdave View Post
yeah living down south means u get cold and windy but no cyclones/hurricanes
LOL Im from Sydney and whilst we could get huge heavy down pours that stopped us on road coz we couldnt see.. it soon passed and on our way we went.. slight earthquake hit us when Newcastle got hit, we were on the fault line so that was bad enough, but at least it was minor stuff.. couldnt imagine twisters and the horrific floods that hit qld. We are lucky here I must admit
Old Aug 25 2011, 10:05 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachy51 View Post
Gotta disagree with ya kahra ... I had a Kirby (so heavy it was like pushing around a Buick) and I have had two Electrolux vacuums . . . and the Dyson I have now outperforms all of them, and cost less than either of the Electrolux.

Lord, we need that new farm ... I can't believe I'm talking vacuums ... I HATE housework!
wow.. how much do electrolux vacuum cleaners cost over there! mine cost me under 300 dollars and had it for 8 years now and has never missed a beat, and thats the silencer model! Dysons are rather expensive here indeed so I have to wonder what electrolux models you have had before? lol Im intrigued with vacuum cleaners coz Id sure hate to live without one.. omg, perish the thought lmao
Old Aug 25 2011, 10:10 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
Years ago my mother-in-law bought us a Kirby from a demonstration. The price started at $1800, and eventually came "down" to #1000.... after the salesperson "talked" to his supervisor on a phone that was out of order.

We still have it... it works... it is heavy... it is delegated to the basement for periodic "employment".

We also had a Rainbow at one time..... nice concept... way too expensive. If anyone is looking to buy farm #11, I mean a new vacuum.... just visit a few farm, I mean, vacuum repair shops...... They usually have all kinds of abandoned Kirbys and Dysons.

Unfortunately, none of them have FT farms for sale..... not even used ones.

OMG I have a Rainbow vacuum/air cleaner. It was amazing and i loved it and the place always smelt beautiful. Unfortunately whilst I was in the army and working 15 hours a day, my flat mate did all the vacuuming, good girl she is, but unfortunately she didnt empty it all the time over time the bolt that kept it attached rusted on to the filter, hence the motor.. and that was the end of that lmao.. nothing was ever going to bugde that bolt to loosen! Such a shame, I really loved it.. but then back to an old electrolux model i pulled out of the garage.. it went on for many more years haha!
Old Aug 25 2011, 10:13 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by InePine View Post
OK Raul, i hope you see people are debating vacuum cleaners now and the mods arent even telling us to stay on topic in this thread, thats about as bad as it gets, we need something to do!! LOL
ah well maybe they figure we are causing more brain drain to ourselves and not bothering them hahaha. They generally give a bit of lee way on this thread.. least we arent flooding all the other sections with all this crazy chatter!

but yessssssssss.. bring on the update before we go totally crazy lol
Old Aug 25 2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahra01 View Post
lmao youve got to be kidding.. the good ol days? there is no way I could go back to the start the way the game was back then... and Im betting none of us could that now have all the marvellous benefits of all these great tools! oh and there has always been lag.. back then and still is.. nature of the beast! In fact I went to do some work for a friend and I started doing it the way we did back then, just for something different, and it lasted 2 minutes before I said.. h.ell no.. and tooled up! lmao
Yeah I know I have been thinking about playing with my second identity just to pass some time away but every time I start I remember I don't even have 4x4 tools on that one so would have to do 1x1 ain't happening... All I do on that one is plant and harvest with my main identity.
Old Aug 25 2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverdave View Post
lol had a kirby guy come visit me...cold call it was.....he didnt know i had the Amway cms 2000 lol...he proceeded to demo his machine i then wheeled out the cms and revacymed whathe had done and the cms sucked up yet more dirt off the floor the kirby guy said was ''clean'' suffice to say he didnt make a sale
Can't believe I'm joining a conversation about vacuums.

We recently had a Kirby salesman come to the door and when I said "not interested, have a central vac system" the guy actually tried to argue that his was better. Hey, I'm not trashing Kirby (happily owned one for 15 yrs), but it was heavy and noisy and the dirt didn't go into a large container in the basement where it could be emptied every 3-4 months without getting more dust in the house.

Had to give the guy "A" for effort, but I told him I wasn't going to argue the point.

Now onto more important things .......... where's farms 11 & 12 and/or new crops or new uses for them? I looked in the basement and they weren't hiding there

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...2244&farm_ix=9
Old Aug 25 2011, 11:39 AM
Account Not Linked

Maybe if we all shout: "We want Raul. We want Raul. We want Raul. We want Raul. We want Raul. We want Raul. We want Raul." Then we could get our update.
Old Aug 25 2011, 11:55 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
Farm town came out in February 2009 so it has only been out about 2 and a half years not 3 + years.
Sorry Jas, you are right, and I am wrong...I am pretty much wrong alot these days. I passed my stress overload after hubby passed, and everything descended on my shoulders...plus I seem to be having tons of what we call "senior moments" or "oldtimers" lately. Getting old sux, for the most part, and being disabled and a caregiver for a disabled stepson, tends to leave you living your life in FT...where you have money and friends and lots of room...sometimes a much pleasanter reality than you face otherwise.

For anyone who believes in portents, I have been timing out like crazy and bounced from server to server all morning...I am not sure if that really means it is on its way or not...lol Can but dream...if I could sleep maybe I would...lol
Closed Thread