Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Sep 03 2014, 11:05 PM

Hi. just been reading some of the previous posts re solo hiring. Afraid I am one who likes to work solo, only because I generally find that I seem to be able to perform tasks I was hired for a lot faster than the other people who have been hired.
Several times I have been abused by other workers, called some very nasty names just because I completed more of the work than they did.
On several occasions I have only done half of the work and tried to wait for the other worker to complete the other half so that I can still collect my share of the bonus,this can result in standing around twiddling my thumbs for 5 or 10 minutes.
When I am hired now, first I check to see if there are other workers, and how fast/slow they work, if I know Im going to take more than half the work, or have to wait around for them to catch up I message the hirer, thank them for the opportunity and let them know that I will leave the work to the other person/people hired and why I am doing so.
Usually I get a message back thanking me for letting them know what has happened.
if people put me on ignore for asking for solo work, then they possibly would have found me leaving their farm before the work was completed
Old Sep 04 2014, 11:07 PM

I ask for solo work only, not because I'm greedy, but because I've discovered that having another person (even the one who hired me) on the farm with me will bog me down. And if the farm has layers, or lots of trees, forget it. Add another person and I'm frozen in place.
I'll admit I dislike being overrun by someone with larger tools, and the frantic scurrying around to get "your fair share" that happens on shared jobs sometimes, but I hate having to "end task" because it craters, even more.

Farming since May 19, 2009
Old Sep 05 2014, 12:58 AM

I ask for solo work too. I have the green combine. I have worked with people who have larger tools and they have finished their share of the farm we were both on and finished the other 22 farms before I could finish the first farm. That is unfair. Also I find that with too many people that we are falling over each other to get our fair share. Really with the tools we have it isn't really necessary to hire more than one person or maybe two if you have a heavily layered farm. If there are three or more workers on the farm I just leave. I don't bother starting the work.

I have also had people harvest and plow with me and then stand around and wait for me to finish the other jobs, trees, flowers, and or fishing so they can collect their bonus for the part of the job they did. One time I saw the others standing around so I went offline and did nothing, just waited and watched. They thought I left so they left without collecting the bonus. I came back online and continued working.

Another trick I do is when there is someone else there and there are all farms listed I go to the last farm and work my way up the list. While the other person works their way down the list. I usually meet the other worker somewhere in the middle so we each got our fair share that way.
Old Oct 09 2014, 11:37 AM

Default hackers

I always come to the marketplace to hire workers for my farm but at times, some people end up working my farm when I never hired them...It happened again today and I'm sick of it...Can you please address this issue and if you need anything further from me, please let me know...here is the interaction I had with this last person who stole a job from another person...this is getting to be ridiculous cause it happens more frequently lately...

from pick me:..thank you Vickie ... when you do not want to hire me just do the same again .... am here to heip bye now ..
r.no dear i did not ... i am an old geeser 70 .. on here helping out and passing time . so what did i do to you ..
my love ..

this person was the person who I hired to work my farm...from liz - solo worker only:...Thanks for reporting it. Hope they fix whatever bug it is...

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...9161&farm_ix=Y
Old Oct 09 2014, 12:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaf102 View Post
I always come to the marketplace to hire workers for my farm but at times, some people end up working my farm when I never hired them...It happened again today and I'm sick of it...Can you please address this issue and if you need anything further from me, please let me know...here is the interaction I had with this last person who stole a job from another person...this is getting to be ridiculous cause it happens more frequently lately...

from pick me:..thank you Vickie ... when you do not want to hire me just do the same again .... am here to heip bye now ..
r.no dear i did not ... i am an old geeser 70 .. on here helping out and passing time . so what did i do to you ..
my love ..

this person was the person who I hired to work my farm...from liz - solo worker only:...Thanks for reporting it. Hope they fix whatever bug it is...
Hi Vicki,
I moved your post from the Suggestions to the General Feedback as this is not really a suggestion.
Are you sure you didn't click to hire this person?
Did this person actually do any harvesting or did they just follow you back to the farm?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 09 2014, 08:21 PM

Hi Taz...this person did not follow me back to the farm then begin harvesting...I saw his name flashing on the screen that he was harvesting while I was still in the marketplace hiring the person who responded to my hire request...We both went to the farm and found this guy harvesting and I asked how he got to my farm cause I didnt hire him...He made the statements above and continued onto the second and third farm...Liz bowed out and I apologized to her...I normally hire only one person because I get upset if there are too many people working the same farm...This scenario happens more than once and it's beginning to tick me off...I do NOT want to make trouble for my hires...

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...9161&farm_ix=Y
Old Oct 09 2014, 08:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaf102 View Post
Hi Taz...this person did not follow me back to the farm then begin harvesting...I saw his name flashing on the screen that he was harvesting while I was still in the marketplace hiring the person who responded to my hire request...We both went to the farm and found this guy harvesting and I asked how he got to my farm cause I didnt hire him...He made the statements above and continued onto the second and third farm...Liz bowed out and I apologized to her...I normally hire only one person because I get upset if there are too many people working the same farm...This scenario happens more than once and it's beginning to tick me off...I do NOT want to make trouble for my hires...
Is it always the same person? This has to be someone you have hired in the past and they have kept it open by staying on the farm. They could have changed their name so you wouldn't recognize it.
The other possibilty is your Facebook account has been hacked and they are going in and hiring themselves. For this I would suggest changing your password. If this is the case that will keep them from doing it again.
Have you ever given your Facebook account information to anyone else to take care of your farms or something else? Again changing your password should stop that too.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 13 2014, 12:35 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

When I go to hire people to work on my farms I am finding more and more that these people are not looking to make xp's but are looking to work only what they want to work; If they need corn then they will not do any other work except h/p corn. I know I am complaining. But it is frustrating to hire people that do not finish the chore or will only work till they get what they need. They are more and more just quitting their chores. I should not have to follow hired employees around. They are way to picky and do not finish what they start. I have taken too asking if they will finish before I hire them. That is not a nice thing to do. Suggestions Please
Old Oct 13 2014, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Mae View Post
When I go to hire people to work on my farms I am finding more and more that these people are not looking to make xp's but are looking to work only what they want to work; If they need corn then they will not do any other work except h/p corn. I know I am complaining. But it is frustrating to hire people that do not finish the chore or will only work till they get what they need. They are more and more just quitting their chores. I should not have to follow hired employees around. They are way to picky and do not finish what they start. I have taken too asking if they will finish before I hire them. That is not a nice thing to do. Suggestions Please

There is a simple reason for this: XPs are WORTHLESS! Sure every three months we get 25 FC for our XP but they use up maybe 2 million XP when we earned 20 million in that time! I'm up to 166 million XP. I don't have to earn a single XP for the next 10 YEARS to get 25 FC every three months!

When the developers supply more FC to make the XP worth something folks will want to work for them. I've been complaining about the lack of rewards for WORKING farms for a long time now but the devs don't care unless you spend REAL $ and even if you DO they don't care. Your XP are still WORTHLESS unless you stop playing and come back in the distant future to get the FC you EARNED years earlier! I have 140 MILLION XP that have zero value today so why would I work to earn more!
Old Oct 13 2014, 04:02 PM

Default hiring

Sandy Mae..i quit hiring form the market and have some very good neighbors who do the work for me..we trade work...i do not need xp or crop but i do like to help out..i do not like to do the farms that have millions of trees or flowers tho..i have a big comp but it bogs down the servers..,so it makes it hard..