Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 22 2009, 09:30 PM

I do not like the change.... it is VERY slow. It is like it was months ago when one had to wait for each field to harvest or plow before moving to the next field. I have not tried to plant yet, but see there are complaints regrading that also.

Thumbs down JUST FOR EVERYONE's INFORMATION

The people who are posting about how happy they are with the changes, are WAY too happy.. and gleeful! I'm going to assume they are the monitors... no problem... lol... crack me up...
To the maker of this game... change it back!
If there are people complaining about losing coins or exp... tell them to work more farms! They must be way too consumed in this game. Losing a few exp points or coins only matters until you get a change like this... then you wish you had just shut the h*ll up!
Account Not Linked

Send a message via Yahoo to Skeeter23451
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prada View Post
I love this new way . thank you .

yes a little slower but at least we get things done properly.
maybe people will stop hiring 5 people to harvest a field .

no more mouse trackers to gobble all the fields, no more collisions, yes there was a lot of them two's .

people just ruined it for themselves. so there .

suck it up .
Most people who have new computers would love this but not all players are fortunate enough to have those..thats why some players like it..I am a fast clicker but if my computer dosen't respond as fast then the one who does gets it so...and I know because I was harvesting a field today with a lady who had a duo core computer she ran me almost off the job moving so fast so plz don't go there...I think FarmTown will suck this one up unless they can figure out how to be fair for all and not just the elite players!
Account Not Linked

I just tried again, got hired to plow and hated it. I am done for the night and really don't see myself getting over these new "upgrades". When you start to plow, the second person can effectively cut you off from the rest of the farm and gain position to keep you from getting a good share simply by starting close and working away from you. You have punished the fast and accurate players.

I personally think it works great! It keeps others from clicking randomly around the fields and jumping into your spot. As a polite farmer, I do not like to jump in and harvest/plow on other hired hands areas. This fix has helped that as well as the XP points! Thanks!
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:31 PM
Account Not Linked

Fact is, it's a game. Some are faster than others and get more coins and xp. I absolutely hate the change. It's entirely too slow,and I may not be on farmtown near as much,if at all.
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:31 PM

Hello,
Well this upgrade is actually somewhat the same as when I began playing farmtown almost a year ago.
It seems fast enough and you are right this way there is less random harvesting and plowing. By having it this way you can see your xp points accumulate with much less questions about loosing points. Thank you for continuing to improve Farmtown.

Cindy
Old Dec 22 2009, 09:32 PM

worst christmas present ever!!! send it back

This just means everyone will try to harvest/plow from wherever they are on the field rather than waiting for their avatar to cross to somewhere else. I understand about the harvesting and plowing having become some sort of competitive sport but the people who were doing that were in the minority.

Actually, the lost XPs has improved a lot in the last couple weeks going from a regular issue to almost never happening. I'm not sure this latest tweak improves anything right now. It is certainly slower for me even when working alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamfosterling View Post
this new way is ridiculous for workers who are consistenly fast and accurate
I totally agree. I actually quit a harvesting job tonight because it was so slow. I had no clue what was going on. This is horrible and will slow MANY people down that they get bored.
Closed Thread