Old Jul 02 2010, 07:23 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingmanFarm View Post
Yes but loading the facilities is a terrible terrible nightmare now.
Why is it a nightmare?

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jul 02 2010, 07:25 PM

I've talked on the phone, loaded the dishwasher, swept the floor - do I have to fold laundry to get this to happen? LOL.
I do feel like a kid on Christmas Eve as someone suggested
Old Jul 02 2010, 07:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to wheels394 Send a message via Yahoo to wheels394

I was making fun of my son for being so anxious waiting for the new Lego Harry Potter (was originally supposed to be released May 7 and got postponed to June 29) he said, its like trying to sleep the night before Christmas. Now I know how he felt, talk about payback!
Old Jul 02 2010, 07:30 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba 947 View Post
Interesting that you say on one hand "you actually had to wait for each one to get transmitted to the server, the server accept it ..." to me, that almost seems by definition to be a connection type of problem.

One possibility is that your FAST computer is overwhelming some portion of the pipe that forms your internet connection, that can cause timeouts and retrys. Remember there are a lot of hops between you and the server.
And that "connection type of problem" is called server overload. If the server is being hit with so many requests, one behind the next, the server can't keep up. That isn't my connection speed causing the problem (unless my speed being too fast for the server is a "problem").

There are three types of lag in computing (with regards to the web) and the user only has a slight bit of control over one of them. But its typically one of the other two that causes most lag issues.
Old Jul 02 2010, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NekkidFish View Post
I don't want to get in the middle, but I do have to agree. I can click, click, click 50 times and my productions just keep rolling. I never get time-outs or anything. I will say that once per day I clear my cache and cookies, and reboot my browser, just to keep things running smooth.

HUGz and good luck! Jules

Now I'll go paint my toes, so they look pretty while I sit here and tap, tap, tap.
rebooting the browser...at least with facebook is MANDATORY if you want to keep moving along. I've never had issues with FT, but its much tamer then say farmville who has to popup you to death. Cookies are on auto pilot so no worries there. A good hard cleaning never hurt either as many would be suprised just how much of their energy is sucked out by junk you never heard of much less wanted on your computer. Even those cute little desktop icons that clutter most screens are EVIL!
Old Jul 02 2010, 07:35 PM

OK..kids in bed, sick husband fed...momma wants some fun. I'll take those extra levels any time now thanks!
Old Jul 02 2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustHikk View Post
And that "connection type of problem" is called server overload. If the server is being hit with so many requests, one behind the next, the server can't keep up. That isn't my connection speed causing the problem (unless my speed being too fast for the server is a "problem").

There are three types of lag in computing (with regards to the web) and the user only has a slight bit of control over one of them. But its typically one of the other two that causes most lag issues.
Could you pls explain the different types and what solutions we can use, i have been having a lot of probs with retries for the last while and would like a solution if there is one on my end
Old Jul 02 2010, 07:38 PM

Is it Christmas yet?
Old Jul 02 2010, 07:42 PM

Just checked first page to make sure it said tomorrow. It still says tomorrow!
Old Jul 02 2010, 07:43 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I am ready!!!!

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Closed Thread