Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Oct 19 2022, 12:38 PM
Account Not Linked

I am sure many of us have questions about moving to Farm Town's own website. Maybe a dedicated thread so we can see what has been asked and answered? Sorry but not going to suggest this in the proper place.

I welcome this move because some months back I had issues getting on FB asking me for ID, that I provided and accepted, but I was still locked out of my FB account.

I feel FB, since it changed to Meta, is a mess and is gearing up to business type of things and don't really care about their gaming community. This may turn out to be a mistake on their part.

I have friends who have lost their Farm Town account because they have been locked out of their FB accounts or because they can't currently play Farm Town with their new computer/mac/laptop/handheld on FB. They didn't know how it would impact playing farm Town on FB when upgrading their hardware.

Question 1
If someone is currently locked out of their FB will they be able to retrieve their account on the new website or is this only going to be possible if they can get back into their FB account?
What if they use an email that is registered with FB but can't access FB. Does that mean they will have to start over with Farm Town on the new website like getting a new FB account?

Question 2
If someone cannot currently play Farm Town on FB because of some technicality, does that mean they wont be able to keep their game, as it was when they stopped playing, and have to start over or will there be some way of transferring their game over to the new FT website?

Question 3
Can you confirm that once this new website is up and running, we will no longer need a FB account to play and can close our FB account?

I have been thinking of quitting FB for sometime and to know I can continue with my current FT game on a your dedicated website is fantastic news. (I have another game on FB that has done this and I no longer play this game on FB. The web game and the FB are not compatible though, they are completely different games saved at the time of transfer).
Can you confirm that this will be the case for Farm Town or will FB and Web based game be the same if we switch between the two?

Thank you for your replies, you do a great job

Last edited by RozeeS; Oct 19 2022 at 12:45 PM.
Old Oct 19 2022, 12:52 PM

Thank you for the update
Old Oct 19 2022, 12:53 PM

I have my email verified ready for the new website. But just curious how can we change our email address and get a verified email saying it's changed (if we need to change it in the future or can't get into our email address for some reason as we've forgot passwords or something. Or no verified link has come up if we have a valid email address? Obviously we change our facebook email address and put it to primary, but how do we let you know it's been changed etc.
Laptop: Lenovo IdeaPad 3 14ITL05, 11th Gen, i7

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...1959&farm_ix=0

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...c_location=ufi

FB profile (accepting no FR for the time being) - https://www.facebook.com/alexandrajeffery88
Old Oct 19 2022, 02:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RozeeS View Post
I am sure many of us have questions about moving to Farm Town's own website. Maybe a dedicated thread so we can see what has been asked and answered? Sorry but not going to suggest this in the proper place.

I welcome this move because some months back I had issues getting on FB asking me for ID, that I provided and accepted, but I was still locked out of my FB account.

I feel FB, since it changed to Meta, is a mess and is gearing up to business type of things and don't really care about their gaming community. This may turn out to be a mistake on their part.

I have friends who have lost their Farm Town account because they have been locked out of their FB accounts or because they can't currently play Farm Town with their new computer/mac/laptop/handheld on FB. They didn't know how it would impact playing farm Town on FB when upgrading their hardware.

Question 1
If someone is currently locked out of their FB will they be able to retrieve their account on the new website or is this only going to be possible if they can get back into their FB account?
What if they use an email that is registered with FB but can't access FB. Does that mean they will have to start over with Farm Town on the new website like getting a new FB account?

Question 2
If someone cannot currently play Farm Town on FB because of some technicality, does that mean they wont be able to keep their game, as it was when they stopped playing, and have to start over or will there be some way of transferring their game over to the new FT website?

Question 3
Can you confirm that once this new website is up and running, we will no longer need a FB account to play and can close our FB account?

I have been thinking of quitting FB for sometime and to know I can continue with my current FT game on a your dedicated website is fantastic news. (I have another game on FB that has done this and I no longer play this game on FB. The web game and the FB are not compatible though, they are completely different games saved at the time of transfer).
Can you confirm that this will be the case for Farm Town or will FB and Web based game be the same if we switch between the two?

Thank you for your replies, you do a great job
Hi Rozee,
As we do not have any of the information you are asking currently since this is in the early planning stages for the developers , no we are not going to currently start a new thread for it. Please be patient until they are set up and we are able to get more information on how it will all work or even if if they will have to go to this as it is a back up plan.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 19 2022, 02:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra_J View Post
I have my email verified ready for the new website. But just curious how can we change our email address and get a verified email saying it's changed (if we need to change it in the future or can't get into our email address for some reason as we've forgot passwords or something. Or no verified link has come up if we have a valid email address? Obviously we change our facebook email address and put it to primary, but how do we let you know it's been changed etc.
Hi Alexandra J,
You can not currently change your email. When they get that part added then there will be instructions on how to do it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 19 2022, 02:35 PM

Default Leave Facebook

The ONLY reason I'm still on Facebook is because it's the only way to access this game.

I want off Facebook and their attempted control of what we know and what we think.

There are other social media platforms that do not work with the government to try to control people.

Looking forward to word from you when your website is ready.
Old Oct 19 2022, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandycares View Post
The ONLY reason I'm still on Facebook is because it's the only way to access this game.

I want off Facebook and their attempted control of what we know and what we think.

There are other social media platforms that do not work with the government to try to control people.

Looking forward to word from you when your website is ready.
What she said!!! AMEN!!!
Old Oct 19 2022, 03:13 PM

i think this would be a good time to record the farmtown user id. if issues show up in the future, at least you have something to link yourself to your farm
Old Oct 19 2022, 03:23 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete5560 View Post
i think this would be a good time to record the farmtown user id. if issues show up in the future, at least you have something to link yourself to your farm
Hi pete5560,

Just to be clear. If the game is moved off of Facebook, the ONLY current method to verify a Farm Town account as your own is to use your own email address to verify it. Using your FT ID isn't going to work for that.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Oct 19 2022, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piscesfem View Post
Hi guys, not sure if this place to put this....
I haven't received my confirmation email (had same issue when I forgot my forum password)

If I use another email address for THIS account, will it be ok? Or will that just confirm the account associated with that email address?

Never got response to this, can someone advise please?
Closed Thread