Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jun 29 2015, 11:41 AM

I'm glad they're adding servers on a routine basis as well as giving us software updates every few weeks. I read the other day the US military is paying Microsoft a ton a money for XP updates because it's cheaper than buying all new hardware that can handle newer operating systems. It's good to be civilians, is it not?

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old Jun 29 2015, 12:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
I'm glad they're adding servers on a routine basis as well as giving us software updates every few weeks. I read the other day the US military is paying Microsoft a ton a money for XP updates because it's cheaper than buying all new hardware that can handle newer operating systems. It's good to be civilians, is it not?
Hi Qivis,
It is not just hardware that would have to be updated. They also have many special programs that were written specifically for that operating system that would cost them even more to rewrite to upgraded operating systems.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 29 2015, 06:26 PM

I'm having a super farmer issue. When someone I've marked as a super farmer comes to my farm, AFTER they leave, and when I re-enter my farms, they are all shown as blue in the squares under Farm Names and I am treated as a new hire but only the green bulldozer appears. The first time this happened I almost deleted an entire farm. I have to go to each farm, then click the green man to stop the bulldozer and I have to do this to all farms before I can then do any planting, moving, etc. Why is this happening. I've stopped all super farmers until this gets resolved.
Old Jun 29 2015, 06:34 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwaters View Post
I'm having a super farmer issue. When someone I've marked as a super farmer comes to my farm, AFTER they leave, and when I re-enter my farms, they are all shown as blue in the squares under Farm Names and I am treated as a new hire but only the green bulldozer appears. The first time this happened I almost deleted an entire farm. I have to go to each farm, then click the green man to stop the bulldozer and I have to do this to all farms before I can then do any planting, moving, etc. Why is this happening. I've stopped all super farmers until this gets resolved.
Hi,

We're not sure why this problem has cropped up for a few people. We are trying to reproduce it.

Some have reported that if they exit and reload FT the problem goes away.
If you can reproduce this consistently do let us know.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Closed Thread