Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old May 24 2020, 11:19 PM

Default Graying out after clicking on x

I'm using Chrome and have run the mem cache several times. For the past couple of days a lot of the time when I click on the X when in the Facility Manager, the screen grays out and I can't do anything but reload the page. Do you know if this is a game problem or Chrome or Face Book? I know this happens on a holiday weekend but I thought maybe someone could help. Thanks.
Old May 24 2020, 11:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFMad View Post
I'm using Chrome and have run the mem cache several times. For the past couple of days a lot of the time when I click on the X when in the Facility Manager, the screen grays out and I can't do anything but reload the page. Do you know if this is a game problem or Chrome or Face Book? I know this happens on a holiday weekend but I thought maybe someone could help. Thanks.
Hi RFMad,
I moved your post to the subject thread about display issues. As we have not experienced this I can't tell you where the problem is, but I doubt it is the game. If it was a game or Facebook problem then we would have more with it.

It could be a Flash problem hanging up when you are closing the facility manager. You could try uninstalling and reinstalling Flash to see if that is the problem. There should be some instruction on doing that with Chrome in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118
You may need to uninstall and reinstall Chrome to get Flash reinstalled with a clean up to date copy.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 24 2020, 11:37 PM

Thanks, Taz, I appreciate your fast response and will try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi RFMad,
I moved your post to the subject thread about display issues. As we have not experienced this I can't tell you where the problem is, but I doubt it is the game. If it was a game or Facebook problem then we would have more with it.

It could be a Flash problem hanging up when you are closing the facility manager. You could try uninstalling and reinstalling Flash to see if that is the problem. There should be some instruction on doing that with Chrome in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118
You may need to uninstall and reinstall Chrome to get Flash reinstalled with a clean up to date copy.
Old May 25 2020, 12:17 AM

I have the sound turned OFF (both red) in game, yet when trying to listen to a video sent through our "personal" e-mail on one tab, and having FT on another, the darn annoying music, which is supposedly turned off, overrides what's being said on the video. Two entirely different programs with separate log in passwords, totally unrelated to each other, yet FT's music interfers. Would you kindly explain to me why this is happening? Thanks.
Old May 25 2020, 12:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by June Nelson View Post
I have the sound turned OFF (both red) in game, yet when trying to listen to a video sent through our "personal" e-mail on one tab, and having FT on another, the darn annoying music, which is supposedly turned off, overrides what's being said on the video. Two entirely different programs with separate log in passwords, totally unrelated to each other, yet FT's music interfers. Would you kindly explain to me why this is happening? Thanks.
Hi June Nelson,
I would love to explain why, but I have no idea why it would as long as both the sound and music are turned off. Are you sure it is music from Farm Town or is it maybe background music for the video yoiu are watching. One way to tell would be to close Farm Town and then watch the video and see if the music is still there.

What browser are you using? Have you tried this with a different browser to see if the same thing happens?

I use Firefox and have never had that happen as long as both sound and music are red.

You could also try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 31 2020, 07:47 PM

Default neighbor bar

Curiosity - why does the neighbor bar have to reload every time you change farms? It slows everything up.
Old May 31 2020, 07:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdragonfly View Post
Curiosity - why does the neighbor bar have to reload every time you change farms? It slows everything up.
Hi Msdragonfly,
I moved your post to the Help & Support subject thread about the display. Please when you have a question or problem post it in the Help & Support section and not in the General Feedback.
It is a part that is subject to change as your neighbors go online or offline from their farms, so gets updated when you change farms. If you wish to make a suggestion to change it so it doesn't update when you change farms then please put it in the Suggestions section where we organize those for the developers to view and not in the General Feedback section.
Old Jun 03 2020, 12:34 PM

Question Flash

I was curious what will happen in December...I read that Flash will be no more. Will Slashkey be making the necessary adjustments so we can keep playing? As my username indicates I LOVE this game and do not want to lose it. Thanks!
Old Jun 03 2020, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLUVSFT! View Post
I was curious what will happen in December...I read that Flash will be no more. Will Slashkey be making the necessary adjustments so we can keep playing? As my username indicates I LOVE this game and do not want to lose it. Thanks!

Hi TJLUVSFT

You can read the information we have up now in the following thread:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=641970

We will update that thread as soon as we get more information.

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009
Old Jun 03 2020, 10:21 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

for some reason my shortcut to farmtown has just suddenly vanished from the left side of my wall where its been for years.... not happy... even though I have it bookmarked, I like seeing it in shortcuts... anyone else have this problem.. I have just updated google chrome browser..

Tags
archived farm, coloured dots, display, display issues, drag farm, eye, farm order, farm stats, full screen, grid colours, mouse, music, normal screen, regular screen, screen size, sound