Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old May 27 2020, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini View Post
Wondering, how does "zipping" change the storage capacity since it does not change the number of items, only changing the large ones to regular ones?
Hi John

When you use the Zip button to convert large size boxes into regular boxes, the % for storage capacity goes down and that way you have more space in your Harvest & Products storage.

For example if your storage percentage is 85% and you use the zip button, then you could get 82% which means you have more space in your storage.

For people who have both sizes for most of the items in their storage, the zip button is very helpfull as the regular sizes are used up constantly for filling their facilities.

Last edited by marymarcel; May 27 2020 at 01:28 PM.
Old May 29 2020, 11:40 AM

Hi, I also have a couple of questions regarding the zip feature. 1) If I do it, what happens if I end up having 200M of an item (i.e. regular fish)? Does it just sell off the excess of the maximum? I do not want/need 200M of anything, and sell of half on a regular basis. 2) Will I have to do the zip function on a regular basis? 3) Only Regular boxes are used to fill facilities? Thanks for any clarification - much appreciated, Jana
Old May 29 2020, 11:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Girl View Post
Hi, I also have a couple of questions regarding the zip feature. 1) If I do it, what happens if I end up having 200M of an item (i.e. regular fish)? Does it just sell off the excess of the maximum? I do not want/need 200M of anything, and sell of half on a regular basis. 2) Will I have to do the zip function on a regular basis? 3) Only Regular boxes are used to fill facilities? Thanks for any clarification - much appreciated, Jana
Hi Jana,
If I was going to end up with over 200 million of an item by the Zip consolidation, I think I would go sell first to get the combined number below that. When you go over the 200 million it is just reduced to 200 million. The excess is not sold.
As long as you are getting large boxes of anything then to reduce the percentage of your storage yes you will need to continue doing the zip. It is not a 1 time fix for the storage, so when your storage per cent gets up higher then you will need to do this to keep from losing storage.
Any size box of ingredients can be used in facilities, but they are used in the the order of regular, large and then gift.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 29 2020, 12:20 PM

Taz, thanks SO much for the information. I really appreciate it! Hope you have a great day
Old Jun 03 2020, 01:59 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

grr just did a heap of stacked fishing and the last 4 farms did not pay the bonus chest... then I see Fathers Day gifts had arrived.. guessing this messed things up..
Old Jun 03 2020, 02:24 AM
Account Not Linked

Thank you so much for making the wall a joy to go to. Fantastic job. Instead of dreading going to the wall and filtering through everything it is now a pleasure to go there. Congratulations to the whole team...job well done
Old Jun 03 2020, 03:04 AM

Default My Requests Tab

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for the change to the My Request tab to separate the Facility requests from the bonus requests.
Old Jun 03 2020, 03:43 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

For those that have not seen it yet, Raul has updated his post.
We will update this thread as soon as we have more information:

Post Release Updates - June 3rd, 2:20AM

- Released a few changes, details coming later today.

Known Issues:

- Ingredient Planner is currently not working, will fix this later today.

Mod Notes:
  • For those that don't know, this is the Ingredient Planner icon. It shows up in the Facility Manager and other areas of the game. Currently if you click on it to use it you get stuck with the Loading box and have to reload the game to clear it. This is what will be fixed later today. There is a notice telling you that it's currently not working above your game screen. Update: This is now fixed!

• Fathers Day gifts on the Gift page and Fathers Day items in the Store.

• My Requests now has 2 links at the top of the page:
    • Facility Wall Requests: Will only show your friends facility work requests
    • Show Other Wall Requests: Will show everything else, like requests for ingredients, bonuses, claims for FC rewards etc.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Last edited by Tiger; Jun 03 2020 at 12:15 PM.
Old Jun 03 2020, 09:34 AM

Devs are on fire improving the game lately!
Old Jun 03 2020, 01:48 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Thank you for separating the facility and bonus walls. It's so much more efficient now. Having the bonuses turn pink when used is icing on the cake!

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Closed Thread