Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1701  
Old Feb 09 2020, 09:13 PM
Spy Spy is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 29 2010
Posts: 3
Default

Requests are not posted again. Farmtown facilities/service facilities help requests do not post anywhere. The posting window doesn't come up after 'ask your friends to help' popup.
This seems to be a recurrent issue every time after a Windows update.
Reply With Quote
  #1702  
Old Feb 09 2020, 09:18 PM
Taz D's Avatar
Taz D Taz D is offline
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 29 2010
Location: Ace, Tx
Posts: 24,946
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spy View Post
Requests are not posted again. Farmtown facilities/service facilities help requests do not post anywhere. The posting window doesn't come up after 'ask your friends to help' popup.
This seems to be a recurrent issue every time after a Windows update.
Hi Spy,
I moved your post to the subject thread about Newsfeed and Wall Posts.
What browser are you using?


Please make sure you have cookies and pop ups allowed in your browser. There are instructions in how to do this for several of the popular browsers in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118
__________________
Taz
Dubh Glais Estates
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Reply With Quote
  #1703  
Old Feb 18 2020, 04:20 PM
annroger annroger is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 20 2013
Posts: 58
Default Posts on FarmTown Wall

My facilities and clients are not posting to FarmTown Wall.
Show on FarmTown Wall is checked and I've rebooted. What else could be wrong.

Thanks.....
Reply With Quote
  #1704  
Old Feb 18 2020, 04:41 PM
Taz D's Avatar
Taz D Taz D is offline
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 29 2010
Location: Ace, Tx
Posts: 24,946
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by annroger View Post
My facilities and clients are not posting to FarmTown Wall.
Show on FarmTown Wall is checked and I've rebooted. What else could be wrong.

Thanks.....
Hi Annroger,
I moved your post to the subject thread about wall requests.
You can not see your own posts on the Show FarmTown Wall Requests. Are your neighbors saying they are not show shortly after you have posted them? We do have many belt bonuses filling up the wall at this time so your posts could be being showed off the wall list as it will only show a certain amount of posts, so if yours is older it may not show for them.
If it is a recent post they are not seeing, then try adding some text to your posts to Facebook as you do have to post there for them to show on the wall.
__________________
Taz
Dubh Glais Estates
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Reply With Quote
  #1705  
Old Mar 08 2020, 06:29 PM
AlyceAnn AlyceAnn is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 25 2013
Posts: 56
Default

Is there something about the last update that would have my facility posts fail to be posted to Farm Town Wall requests in the My Requests tab? They haven't posted for a while and it is really hurting my game. I see others but my friends are saying they never see mine anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #1706  
Old Mar 08 2020, 06:41 PM
Taz D's Avatar
Taz D Taz D is offline
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 29 2010
Location: Ace, Tx
Posts: 24,946
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyceAnn View Post
Is there something about the last update that would have my facility posts fail to be posted to Farm Town Wall requests in the My Requests tab? They haven't posted for a while and it is really hurting my game. I see others but my friends are saying they never see mine anymore.
Hi AlyceAnn,
I moved your post to the Help & Support subject thread about the Wall Requests as this has nothing to do with the current release.
Make sure the box in the first post is checked and also post them to your timeline with the Facebook pop up. If you are not posting them to your timeline then they will not show on the Wall Requests. Also try writing something on your post to Facebook as that will sometimes help.
__________________
Taz
Dubh Glais Estates
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Reply With Quote
  #1707  
Old Mar 08 2020, 06:50 PM
AlyceAnn AlyceAnn is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 25 2013
Posts: 56
Default

I'll answer below in caps so you will see my replies

Make sure the box in the first post is checked ITS ALWAYS CHECKED and also post them to your timeline with the Facebook pop up IF YOU MEAN WHEN I AM IN THE FACILITIES AND POST I DO POST THEM WITH THE POP UP. If you are not posting them to your timeline THEY ARE POSTING TO MY WALL, I WROTE ON THE LAST TIME I TRIED FOR ANYONE TO SEE IF THEY SEE IT ON THEIR WALL REQUESTS, THEY LOOKED AND DID NOT SEE THEM then they will not show on the Wall Requests. Also try writing something on your post to Facebook IF YOU MEAN TO WRITE ON MY FAC REQUEST, THEN YES I DID THAT REQUESTING SOMEONE TO GO LOOK FOR ME as that will sometimes help. NOW WHAT? I'M STUMPED, NEVER HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE AS FAR AS I KNOW.
Reply With Quote
  #1708  
Old Mar 08 2020, 07:09 PM
Taz D's Avatar
Taz D Taz D is offline
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 29 2010
Location: Ace, Tx
Posts: 24,946
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyceAnn View Post
I'll answer below in caps so you will see my replies

Make sure the box in the first post is checked ITS ALWAYS CHECKED and also post them to your timeline with the Facebook pop up IF YOU MEAN WHEN I AM IN THE FACILITIES AND POST I DO POST THEM WITH THE POP UP. If you are not posting them to your timeline THEY ARE POSTING TO MY WALL, I WROTE ON THE LAST TIME I TRIED FOR ANYONE TO SEE IF THEY SEE IT ON THEIR WALL REQUESTS, THEY LOOKED AND DID NOT SEE THEM then they will not show on the Wall Requests. Also try writing something on your post to Facebook IF YOU MEAN TO WRITE ON MY FAC REQUEST, THEN YES I DID THAT REQUESTING SOMEONE TO GO LOOK FOR ME as that will sometimes help. NOW WHAT? I'M STUMPED, NEVER HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE AS FAR AS I KNOW.
Hi AlyceAnn,
If they are not seeing them on your timeline either check who you have posted for. That you can see next to the words Farm Town or when you post will be down at the bottom of the pop up. Have them go to your Timeline if they don't see it on their own Newsfeed.


You might try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached


Other than that the only thing I can suggest is contact Support and see if they can find out why. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.
__________________
Taz
Dubh Glais Estates
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Reply With Quote
  #1709  
Old Mar 09 2020, 06:08 AM
AlyceAnn AlyceAnn is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 25 2013
Posts: 56
Default

Yes the do show on my Timeline, just not on Wall Requests on My Request tab.
I did do memecache. I will write to support as I'm stumped on what to do. Thanks for you help
Reply With Quote
  #1710  
Old Mar 09 2020, 06:23 AM
Tiger's Avatar
Tiger Tiger is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 12 2010
Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!
Posts: 9,922
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyceAnn View Post
Yes the do show on my Timeline, just not on Wall Requests on My Request tab.
I did do memecache. I will write to support as I'm stumped on what to do. Thanks for you help
Hi AlyceAnn,

Taz is not available at the moment.

Just in case you have not already tried this. If you are using the same facilities to post from every time, try switching to posting from different ones instead and see if those show. You may also want to try posting from ones on a different farm than you usually do. If either of those work then you may have narrowed down where the problem is, which is information you can also give to support.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
can't post, can't work facs, can't work services, posts not showing, wall requests

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 PM.