Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Feb 08 2020, 10:58 AM
Account Not Linked

Default Can't work neighbors' posts

Taz: It started with 2, then 3 and now 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi WyoSugar,
We do not have an answer to that one. As long as you are friends you should be able to work the facilities. Facebook tells Farm Town if someone is your friend or not. That is the only way Farm Town knows, so if Facebook is not recognizing them as your friend then you won't be able to work their facilities. Is it only the 1 or 2 you can't work or all of them?
Old Feb 08 2020, 11:02 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSugar View Post
Taz: It started with 2, then 3 and now 4.
Hi WyoSugar,
There is nothing we can do about this through the forums. You need to keep working with Support through the tickets you have open. I wish we had an answer to why this is happening to you. Please continue working with Support on this.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 08 2020, 06:45 PM

Many of my neighbors and me are losing neighbors for no reason. I have one that keeps trying to send me a n/r and I try sending her one and neither one of us gets it. She was a mutual neighbor until about an hour ago. This has been happening since the scoring update. Please look into this. This is negatively affecting our NCC scores as well. Thanks.

Last edited by NJones277; Feb 08 2020 at 07:04 PM.
Old Feb 08 2020, 07:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJones277 View Post
Many of my neighbors and me are losing neighbors for no reason. I have one that keeps trying to send me a n/r and I try sending her one and neither one of us gets it. She was a mutual neighbor until about an hour ago. This has been happening since the scoring update. Please look into this. This is negatively affecting our NCC scores as well. Thanks.
Hi NJones,
I moved your post to the Help & Support section subject thread about neighbors as this has nothing to do with the current release. Losing neighbors has nothing to do with the NCC scoring. The only thing changed for the scoring was to multiply the team leaders points contributed by the number of neighbors on their team.

First both of you try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

You have 109 neighbors, so you may be at or near your limit. If you try to add new neighbors then it could cause one or more of the old ones to drop off. Even if you do manage to add them backor add new ones they will not be on your team for this weeks contest. They can only be added for the following week.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Feb 08 2020 at 08:02 PM.
Old Feb 10 2020, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
If you only have 42 then you should not have to remove any.
After Many issues and having to allow all pop ups, I am finally able to play however, I have 35 neighbors and it says at the top I have too many and will have to remove some to add more.............. any suggestions on this one?
Old Feb 10 2020, 05:32 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattipo View Post
After Many issues and having to allow all pop ups, I am finally able to play however, I have 35 neighbors and it says at the top I have too many and will have to remove some to add more.............. any suggestions on this one?
Hi Pattipo,

Taz is not available at this time.

Where are you seeing that you only have 35 neighbours? You have 106 so that is why the game is showing you that message, as you have reached your maximum.

The quickest place to check how many neighbours you have is to click on the Trophy icon in your toolbox, the 1st few trophies tell you how many neighbours you have.

If you are only seeing 35 neighbours in the My Neighbours tab it may be because of the filter you have it set to in there. Near the top of that page please have a look and see if you have a check mark added for "Show Active Players Only", if there is a check mark added there then it will not show you the neighbours that are no longer playing. To see all of them, please make sure that that check mark is removed. Example:

Old Feb 11 2020, 06:24 AM

Default Neighbor list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi Pattipo,

Taz is not available at this time.

Where are you seeing that you only have 35 neighbours? You have 106 so that is why the game is showing you that message, as you have reached your maximum.

The quickest place to check how many neighbours you have is to click on the Trophy icon in your toolbox, the 1st few trophies tell you how many neighbours you have.

If you are only seeing 35 neighbours in the My Neighbours tab it may be because of the filter you have it set to in there. Near the top of that page please have a look and see if you have a check mark added for "Show Active Players Only", if there is a check mark added there then it will not show you the neighbours that are no longer playing. To see all of them, please make sure that that check mark is removed. Example:

I am seeing it on my neighbor list area and I am seeing it under send gifts when I chose send to my neighbors. I counted again this AM and came up with 36. That is Active players only, but when I uncheck the box it shows a lot of inactive players but it says they are not my neighbor add them. I got rid of them a long time ago.

Last edited by Pattipo; Feb 11 2020 at 06:27 AM. Reason: not finished
Old Feb 11 2020, 06:40 AM

Quote:
I am seeing it on my neighbor list area and I am seeing it under send gifts when I chose send to my neighbors. I counted again this AM and came up with 36. That is Active players only, but when I uncheck the box it shows a lot of inactive players but it says they are not my neighbor add them. I got rid of them a long time ago.
Hi Pattipo,

Did you also change the Sort Players By to Default? If you did not please try that and also the other filters in that section and see if any of them will show any more neighbours to you.

How many does your trophy icon tell you that you have?

The farm data we are looking at is the link in your signature in the forum and it's still showing 106 to us. Are we looking at the right farms or do you have another account?
Old Feb 12 2020, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi Pattipo,

Did you also change the Sort Players By to Default? If you did not please try that and also the other filters in that section and see if any of them will show any more neighbours to you.

How many does your trophy icon tell you that you have?

The farm data we are looking at is the link in your signature in the forum and it's still showing 106 to us. Are we looking at the right farms or do you have another account?
I changed my neighbor list to Default and many people I had as neighbors showed up as 0 in all the categories, I removed them, but many of them were my best neighbors and it is hard to believe they are no longer playing. This did enable me add neighbors. I also tried to remove the people that had not been active for years and even went so far as to unfriend them and they are still there. I only have one account.
I found the trophy and it shows Popular Neigh 5, Influential 8, accomplished 10, Social 15, /celebrity 20.

Last edited by Pattipo; Feb 12 2020 at 07:33 AM.
Old Feb 12 2020, 09:42 AM

Quote:
I changed my neighbor list to Default and many people I had as neighbors showed up as 0 in all the categories, I removed them, but many of them were my best neighbors and it is hard to believe they are no longer playing. This did enable me add neighbors. I also tried to remove the people that had not been active for years and even went so far as to unfriend them and they are still there. I only have one account.
I found the trophy and it shows Popular Neigh 5, Influential 8, accomplished 10, Social 15, /celebrity 20.
Hi Pattipo,

In the trophies, you need to look at the figure on the right showing next to the trophy icon, here's an example, this one shows 35, so this person has 35 neighbours.

At the time of this post we can see that you have 75 neighbours, so you will be able to add more than that.

In the My Neighbours tab, you can not remove the friends that have a white background if you are still friends with them, those will always show. They are all friends that have played Farm Town at some point, some of them may have stopped playing. If you remove them as being your friend, that's when Facebook will remove them from that area, but sometimes it can take them a few days to update the list again.

The ones in there that have zeros for all their information can be difficult to know why that has happened. There are a few common reasons for that and that could be any of the following ones:
  • It's friend who is still playing but for some reason their information just did not transfer from Facebook. These can have either a white or blue background depending on if they are your neighbour or not.
  • If they have a blue background, it could be someone you used to be friends with that is no longer your friend, but they are still your neighbour.
  • It's someone who used to play that is no longer playing and might have deleted the game.

In all of the above cases, all you can do is check and see if you are still friends with them and then ask them if they are still playing. If you can see a recent Farm Town post when you go to look on their timeline then they are likely playing. When you have that information you can decide if you want to add them as a neighbour. If they are are already showing as a neighbour you can either leave it as it is and see if the list will eventually update with their game data or you can remove them as a neighbour and send a new request to them and see if it will show to you then.

I can see you know how to run memcache. When you are finished with adding and removing friends for the day, run it again, and that can sometimes update who us showing the My Neighbours tab quicker. If it does not, you just need to wait a couple days.

Last edited by Tiger; Feb 12 2020 at 09:59 AM.

Tags
add neighbor, beige dot, blue dot, colored dots, dots, green dot, invite, neighbor, neighbors, red dot, remove neighbour, super neighbor, super neighbor tools