Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 22 2021, 04:48 PM

Not sure if this is the right spot for this question, but I hope so. I am having an issue with the game, using both Chrome and Opera, of the game randomly going to a grey box, which requires reloading the game. No real pattern, and sometimes it only takes one restart, other times it happens repetitively and I might have to restart it 3, 4, or even 5 times before I can play again. I have tried using Memcache and also clearing the browser, but neither, nor both, seems to have any effect on this glitch. Suggestions appreciated.
Old Jun 22 2021, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ View Post
Not sure if this is the right spot for this question, but I hope so. I am having an issue with the game, using both Chrome and Opera, of the game randomly going to a grey box, which requires reloading the game. No real pattern, and sometimes it only takes one restart, other times it happens repetitively and I might have to restart it 3, 4, or even 5 times before I can play again. I have tried using Memcache and also clearing the browser, but neither, nor both, seems to have any effect on this glitch. Suggestions appreciated.
Hi KCJ

I moved your post to the thread about HTML5

Please be sure that the browser you are using is updated, sometimes they dont automatically update.

Also, check if you have any pending update for Windows or Mac in case you use it. You can type update in the search box and you usually get "search for updates", you have to follow the instructions. Remember to close and restart after updating.

You can check the first post, first page of this thread for the requirements for your computer.
Old Jun 22 2021, 06:57 PM
Account Not Linked

Default WebGL issue

hi,
my game crashed while i was playing today, and when i tried to reload the game, i got a message that said, "your browser does not support WebGL". i cleared my memcache (no luck), so i googled "enabe WebGL for chrome" and followed the prompts. chrome says that WebGL is enabled. it still isn't loading. can u help me, please? thanks!
Old Jun 22 2021, 07:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaj View Post
hi,
my game crashed while i was playing today, and when i tried to reload the game, i got a message that said, "your browser does not support WebGL". i cleared my memcache (no luck), so i googled "enabe WebGL for chrome" and followed the prompts. chrome says that WebGL is enabled. it still isn't loading. can u help me, please? thanks!
Hi Bellaj,
When this happens the game has encountered some type of error. What were you doing just before it crashed?

To clear the WebGL error, please try clearing your browser cache, close the browser, then reopen and see if it will load. You can find instructions for clearing the browser cache in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421890

Please be sure that the browser you are using is updated, sometimes they dont automatically update.

Also, check if you have any pending update for Windows or Mac in case you use it. You can type update in the search box and you usually get "search for updates", you have to follow the instructions. Remember to close and restart after updating.

You can check the first post, first page of this thread for the requirements for your computer.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Jun 22 2021 at 07:32 PM.
Old Jun 22 2021, 11:25 PM

Default OK I followed the directions for WEBGL

2021-06-23 04:16:45.018 INFOCheckpoint-B-000 - Initialized
2021-06-23 04:16:45.019 LOGFT Client Services Inited.
2021-06-23 04:16:45.022 LOGSessionId: 5230016
Browser: Blink: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/91.0.4472.114 Safari/537.36
WebGL Supported, but DISABLED ------------------- ERROR!

Everything was working up until should show me my default nothing.. black screen with the cube or whatever it is
Old Jun 22 2021, 11:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyshar8 View Post
2021-06-23 04:16:45.018 INFOCheckpoint-B-000 - Initialized
2021-06-23 04:16:45.019 LOGFT Client Services Inited.
2021-06-23 04:16:45.022 LOGSessionId: 5230016
Browser: Blink: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/91.0.4472.114 Safari/537.36
WebGL Supported, but DISABLED ------------------- ERROR!

Everything was working up until should show me my default nothing.. black screen with the cube or whatever it is
Hi Rudyshar,
I moved your post to the subject thread about HTML/WebGL loading problems.
To clear the WebGL error, please try clearing your browser cache, close the browser, then reopen and see if it will load. You can find instructions for clearing the browser cache in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421890

Those with Macs have been able to use Opera when other browsers aren't working.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 24 2021, 06:03 PM

Angry 140986697067501

140986697067501 why am I crashing on farmtown and when I try to reload it says it isnt supported
Old Jun 24 2021, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Gump View Post
140986697067501 why am I crashing on farmtown and when I try to reload it says it isnt supported
Hi Jenny Gump

I moved your post to the HTML5 thread.

Please close and reopen your browser and also restart your computer and see if those fix your problem. Also be sure your browser is up to date and if you have any update for Windows or Mac in case you use it.

If the problem continues, then clear your browser cache. The first time you load the game after the clearing, it will load slower as all graphics have to be loaded again.

If you need instructions on how to clear your browser cache, please read the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421890
Old Jun 25 2021, 01:03 AM

Default Buggered!

1757790552 user #, Been in hospital for the paST 3 MONTHS AND CAN'T SEEM TO GET BACK ON ft jumped through the hoops you have listed restated, cleared cache, cked for the 3 D thing, both the '1' and '2' work.
I have ben able to accept gifts up to now when my gift box is full
Old Jun 25 2021, 04:58 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by christophercilley View Post
1757790552 user #, Been in hospital for the paST 3 MONTHS AND CAN'T SEEM TO GET BACK ON ft jumped through the hoops you have listed restated, cleared cache, cked for the 3 D thing, both the '1' and '2' work.
I have ben able to accept gifts up to now when my gift box is full
Hi christophercilley,

When you say "3D thing" do you mean that WebGL is enabled?

Have you done all the updates showing on your computer if not you need to do them to get your computer as up to date as it can be.

Did you check for any browser updates and disable any extensions enabled in it? If you have, did you also try another updated browser? If you made any changes to the browsers did you close and reopen it before trying to load the game again? Which browsers did you try?

Does your computer have the Farmtown hardware and software requirements listed in the first post on page one? If it does not what kind of computer are you using, windows/mac and which OS version (windows 10, Mac Sur are examples of OS).

Try clearing your FT memcache. To run memcache Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", which is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you are trying to load the game in another browser window.

If you have done all of those those, please make sure that you are loading the game via the Facebook bookmark or by clicking on the Play FarmTown button at the top of the forum so you know you are loading the current version of the game, then you need to provide the following information:

I have turned off all your show items so you have less to load when you next try. When you try to load the game, have a look top right of the game screen for a yellow U number, let us know what number it gets to before it disappears.

If you still can't load, what are you seeing as the game tries to load: black/grey/green screen do you see your farm at all?

Look in the FT console beneath the game screen and copy the 1st 10 lines of information you see in there and provide that information in your reply please..

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl