Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Oct 23 2021, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIAP27 View Post
Been getting a Embedded message or whatever from slashkey.com "Your browser does not support WebGL "
USER ID number ( 1545131279 ) and USER ID number ( 118693448904273 ) Its been crashing mid game. Just started out of the blue. Been playing just fine up to this point. I cleared browser history and caches and ran memcache. IBoth games are running now but it is weird that it just goes black and gives me that error message. I have not had any issues with crashing and burning before, even when we 1st shifted over.
Hi RIAP

That usually happens when your browser encounters an error and thinks WebGL is not supported.

Sometimes it resolves by closing and reopening the browser and/or also restarted the computer, but if not, you have to clear your browser cache.
Old Oct 23 2021, 06:58 PM

I did so on both browsers on both accts. So far things are running, but did have them crash again after clearing browsers history and cache. I closed the browsers and reopened an so far its working. Have not had that happen before now. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi RIAP

That usually happens when your browser encounters an error and thinks WebGL is not supported.

Sometimes it resolves by closing and reopening the browser and/or also restarted the computer, but if not, you have to clear your browser cache.
Old Oct 23 2021, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIAP27 View Post
I did so on both browsers on both accts. So far things are running, but did have them crash again after clearing browsers history and cache. I closed the browsers and reopened an so far its working. Have not had that happen before now. Thanks.
You are welcome RIAP
Old Oct 24 2021, 11:12 PM

user ID: 898590491

I keep crashing on neighbors farms mostly while doing my super neighbor jobs. slashkey tells me my browser doesnt support webGL. but it does, it supports even webGL2. updated everything including drivers cleared chache and everything. tons of people have issues with this. my laptop had 8Gb RAM AMD RADEAN and ATHLON GOLD its a newer model so everything is good to go, actually bought it especially to play Farmtown.
with so many users having issues, I am sure Slashkey is looking into it right? to see if the problem is on their end?
I tried Chrome, Edge and FireFox. have this issue on all three browsers.
it makes it not fun to play to game anymore. I lost a Super Neighbor job because of the crashes.. please help

thanks for all you do!
Old Oct 24 2021, 11:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcompany_78 View Post
user ID: 898590491

I keep crashing on neighbors farms mostly while doing my super neighbor jobs. slashkey tells me my browser doesnt support webGL. but it does, it supports even webGL2. updated everything including drivers cleared chache and everything. tons of people have issues with this. my laptop had 8Gb RAM AMD RADEAN and ATHLON GOLD its a newer model so everything is good to go, actually bought it especially to play Farmtown.
with so many users having issues, I am sure Slashkey is looking into it right? to see if the problem is on their end?
I tried Chrome, Edge and FireFox. have this issue on all three browsers.
it makes it not fun to play to game anymore. I lost a Super Neighbor job because of the crashes.. please help

thanks for all you do!
Hi badcompany,
When the game encounters an error and freezes, then it is not getting a response from your WebGL so it thinks you do not have it. If your neighbors farms are heavily layered then it can cause the game to freeze if there is too much to load. You might try turning off everything in your preferences show settings that you do not need for the work you are doing.
You don't say what caches you have cleared. If just closing your browsers and reopening them has not reset the WebGL back to working you will need to clear the browser cache for each of the browsers, close them and restart your computer. This clearing will make it be slow to load the first time as it has to download all the graphics for the game again. Instructions for clearing the browser caches are in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421890
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 25 2021, 02:00 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

today I upgraded windows 10 to windows 11, and just then the ft screen went white, the first time ever that has happened to me... google chrome is up to date but I just worked a lot of stacked fish farms so I am guessing that could be the reason why it went white... I just closed the browser, reopened it and ft is back in business again... just posting in case others have had this happen... its not a problem ..
Old Oct 25 2021, 05:09 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
today I upgraded windows 10 to windows 11, and just then the ft screen went white, the first time ever that has happened to me... google chrome is up to date but I just worked a lot of stacked fish farms so I am guessing that could be the reason why it went white... I just closed the browser, reopened it and ft is back in business again... just posting in case others have had this happen... its not a problem ..
Hi Aussie Rae,

Stacked fishing certainly can be a drain on resources, so may be what caused it rather than upgrading to windows 11. If you get the problem again, check the FT console beneath your game screen and see if any errors show up as well in there. If you do then please try to copy the exact wording of the error to show us so we know which on it is. You could also get WebGL disable if the browser runs out of memory or encounters an error, which you should be able to resolve just by closing and reopening the browser.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Oct 25 2021, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi badcompany,
When the game encounters an error and freezes, then it is not getting a response from your WebGL so it thinks you do not have it. If your neighbors farms are heavily layered then it can cause the game to freeze if there is too much to load. You might try turning off everything in your preferences show settings that you do not need for the work you are doing.
You don't say what caches you have cleared. If just closing your browsers and reopening them has not reset the WebGL back to working you will need to clear the browser cache for each of the browsers, close them and restart your computer. This clearing will make it be slow to load the first time as it has to download all the graphics for the game again. Instructions for clearing the browser caches are in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421890
just started my day and cleared both Google and Edge Cache before I even got started.. not even 5 minutes in I am crashing. I have a neighbor with 44 farms and I run only one task at a time (IE: fishing) do all farms then go back and do another task (IE: trees) I have crashed already after barely finishing one task. so its gonna take me ALL DAY to do one friends farms. I am a patient person but this getting insane. With all the currents issues going on its really hard to keep playing. I'm really missing Flashplayer right now

PS in my preferences I only enable one graphic to show (ponds, crops, trees etc.. one at at time so nothing else needs to load)

Last edited by badcompany_78; Oct 25 2021 at 09:54 AM. Reason: missing info
Old Oct 25 2021, 10:02 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcompany_78 View Post
just started my day and cleared both Google and Edge Cache before I even got started.. not even 5 minutes in I am crashing. I have a neighbor with 44 farms and I run only one task at a time (IE: fishing) do all farms then go back and do another task (IE: trees) I have crashed already after barely finishing one task. so its gonna take me ALL DAY to do one friends farms. I am a patient person but this getting insane. With all the currents issues going on its really hard to keep playing. I'm really missing Flashplayer right now

PS in my preferences I only enable one graphic to show (ponds, crops, trees etc.. one at at time so nothing else needs to load)
Hi Badcompany,
As you said before you have 8GB of memory. That is the minimum recommended amount of memory. If those farms are heavily layered then you will be using up the memory fast. As you are only doing 1 task at a time I would suggest when you finish that task to close your browser at that time, then reopen and move on to the next task. That should give the memory time to refresh and remove all the previous task memory.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 26 2021, 10:40 AM

ID 1299205000 Got this error message today:
2021-10-26 15:23:17.918 WARNEXCEPTION: Ajax.Notify_Caller - Exception: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeExceptio n (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0
2021-10-26 15:24:22.222 WARNEXCEPTION: Ajax.Notify_Caller - Exception: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeExceptio n (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl