Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Aug 22 2011, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahra01 View Post
OH he did that the last time and a few hours later the update came in.. can we be so lucky again? lol

yep.... guess I won't be turning in early tonight.
Old Aug 22 2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverdave View Post
hmm this sounds promising...we kidnap raul ...must tell Al Bundy lol
well the mayor and Tom the market dude have been held hostage since last week without food or water.

on that not i suppose i should check on them. id hate to turn the Terranora Lakes Country Farms into a Crime Sean

Click HERE For instructions on clearing your browser's cache
Click HERE To clear your macromedia cache files
Click HERE For instructions on linking your farm to the forum
Old Aug 22 2011, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D View Post
Yes, and we all wanted the ugly (in my opinion) Mansion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Jo View Post
I still use it as my house on my default farm. They have added all the new fangled ones but I have no desire to upgrade. I worked hard for that ugly mansion and I'm keeping it.
ABSOLUTELY!! I hated that mansion and was not going to put it on my farm when I made it to level 34, but was told by a fellow farmer that It was a status symbol for the work I had done to get there. He then checked on my farm regularly until I duly installed ugly mansion ... which still stands proudly on my very first farm

Old Aug 22 2011, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _a_s_h_ View Post
Remember the wait for flowers? "Flowers to be released next week"...month after month after month!

I've noticed the more demanding players now obviously didn't play back then. There were no extra farms, no tools to work them except our old 1x1s (and heaven forbid you click on the wrong box and have to wait for your avatar to circle the entire farm before catching up and allowing you to move on!) and there definitely weren't any quality updates happening. When raspberries came out as a new crop, everyone was shocked because the game had been the same for so long and updates in it were unheard of!
Oh Yeah !!! The number of times I sat, and sat, and sat waiting impatiently for my wretched little avatar to wander all over the farm, by the very longest route, because I'd had the audacity to accidentally click a single little square out of sequence.

I think that others who have posted recently may well be right in saying that the earliest of players have more patience for the updates now because of the way the game was played in those early months.

We should start our reminiscing posts with 'Back in the old days .....'

Old Aug 22 2011, 06:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
ABSOLUTELY!! I hated that mansion and was not going to put it on my farm when I made it to level 34, but was told by a fellow farmer that It was a status symbol for the work I had done to get there. He then checked on my farm regularly until I duly installed ugly mansion ... which still stands proudly on my very first farm
This all sounds like the story we heard from our parents about how they walked to school uphill, 5 miles, each way, in the snow, without shoes....
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 22 2011, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
This all sounds like the story we heard from our parents about how they walked to school uphill, 5 miles, each way, in the snow, without shoes....
In my father's pyjamas....

Visit my farm!
The Rainbow Connection
Old Aug 22 2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
omg yes!!!! i kept it my storage, i know i cuold buy hundreds of the now, but its the point of the thing, back when raspberries and pineapples where un heard off, and pumpkins and mansions were the two biggest goals..

Obsessive compulsive farming disorder: it is no joke!!!!!

Level 385- with 16th Farm and all size upgrades - farming since June '09

Are We there Yet???

WISH LIST: - TO HIRE SOMEONE TO PLANT MY FIELDS - from a pre selected list of seeds for each farm!!!

Old Aug 22 2011, 06:55 PM

Quote:

It was not that bad.... I had one shoe.... didn't fit well, but I still had one shoe.
Old Aug 22 2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
yours too??????? our parents must have known each other

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...2244&farm_ix=9
Old Aug 22 2011, 06:59 PM

I started farming in the beginning of Feb of 2009 and joined the forum in March. Back in the good ole days is right!! LOL Harvest, plow, plant one by one took FOREVER!! Facilities? There were none. Couldn't wait to get that ugly ole Mansion! HA! Now people can get to the top with their points in the blink of an eye...very frustrating, but I still love farming!! I'm a FT addict for sure
Closed Thread