Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 25 2012, 11:28 PM

How are people supposed to finish quests they don't have the facilities for? For example--Need to make 10 Kung Pow chicken but don't have the semi to be able to "order" the chicken. What do people do in this case?
Old Jan 25 2012, 11:33 PM

The 'Quests' feature described in point #5 above is now live.

Thanks Raul!!
Old Jan 25 2012, 11:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisluvsanimals View Post
How are people supposed to finish quests they don't have the facilities for? For example--Need to make 10 Kung Pow chicken but don't have the semi to be able to "order" the chicken. What do people do in this case?
Chicken is a gift item. Maybe that would work.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 25 2012, 11:45 PM

I just found an "issue" with the Brussels Sprouts. Given that the "Brussels Sprouts Field" takes two lines to display, and then the line for the "Grown in XXX", the (F,W) doesn't show because there is not a 4th line available.

Not a big issue...

---Jerry

Farmtown: Where everyone can play the way they want to play, and still enjoy a great game together!

My Quest Plot Farm
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...1897&farm_ix=2
Old Jan 25 2012, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Chicken is a gift item. Maybe that would work.
No, gift chicken won't work---The update says

Right now, Quest Steps need to be completed by working by yourself in your farm or facilities. That is to say, crops or products you get as a bonus working for others, as gifts or by trading at the market won't count, but they will in the future

So I still have the same question--How is someone supposed to do a quest that requires a facility they don't have?

Last edited by chrisluvsanimals; Jan 26 2012 at 12:08 AM.
Old Jan 26 2012, 12:23 AM

you cant... im guessing youll have to find a way to buy the facility or you wont be able to.

Obsessive compulsive farming disorder: it is no joke!!!!!

Level 385- with 16th Farm and all size upgrades - farming since June '09

Are We there Yet???

WISH LIST: - TO HIRE SOMEONE TO PLANT MY FIELDS - from a pre selected list of seeds for each farm!!!

Old Jan 26 2012, 12:47 AM
Senior Moderator

One glitch Raul. If you mouse over a step in the right column the statement that pops up cannot be completely read because it is blocked by the edge of the pop up.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 26 2012, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornyroo View Post
you cant... im guessing youll have to find a way to buy the facility or you wont be able to.
That's what I'm afraid of and that's not really fair to REQUIRE someone to spend cash---that sounds more like Zynga than Slashkey
Old Jan 26 2012, 01:06 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisluvsanimals View Post
That's what I'm afraid of and that's not really fair to REQUIRE someone to spend cash---that sounds more like Zynga than Slashkey
My question would be how about those who are at the lower levels that don't have all the facilities. As it is now you accept a quest before you even know what it is. Your quests should be determined based on what facilities (if required) you have in your inventory. You should not have to accept a quest, not have a chance to complete it, and have to wait for it to expire before you can do another one.
One thing to point out is that even though they must be done all on our own farms currently we will be able to use gifts, crops and products from others in the future. Doesn't help your record though for past performance if you have to let one expire now.
Old Jan 26 2012, 01:14 AM

Well now I am glad I went crazy and bought all the facilities as they came out.
Closed Thread