Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old May 22 2010, 08:49 AM

Smile Thanks, Developers!

like it says -- thanks! I was surprised to see a harvest notice come up when I cursored over my flowers this morning. How very cool to find the new facilities! I am sure that the new farm and levels will not be far behind!

On another note, I see absolutely NO comparison between this and "Farmville" now. Farmville is a glitchy, greedy game focused on collecting and decorating. How neat to have a game that reminds us how products are made, and we can learn and use components and cooperation to accomplish things. Also I appreciate having to PLAN how to use my land and what I am going to plant and when! Thanks so so much!

Farming away since June 14, 2009
Old May 22 2010, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottLanter View Post
If you constantly have to turn features on and off, you're not saving much time, and that's not very convenient for anyone.
Looks like we agree on alot of things but not this particular thing. BTW I stopped by your farms and like your layouts, especially farm one with the trees behind the fencing, very realistic. I also liked the manors in the middle!
Old May 22 2010, 09:10 AM

Great update, thanks.

Typically for me, I sold all my flowers yesterday! ah well have bought new ones.

Thanks so much for a brilliant game.
Old May 22 2010, 09:17 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default Coffee grinder

You forgot the Coffee Grinder!!!

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old May 22 2010, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hey there,

We just released a new version with the following features:

1. Small Sea Coast (coins): Allows you to catch Haddock, Dolfin, Swordfish, Mackerel, Eel and Crab

2. Big Sea Coast (32 FC): Allows you to catch Cod, Grouper, Swordfish, Mackerel, Eel, Yellowtail, Tuna, Crab and Lobster

3. Oil Pump Tool (coins): Allows you to produce Crude Oil

4. Oil Reinery (32 FC): Allows you to produce fuel out of the Crude Oil to be used in your harvesters and seeders. You can store the Fuel Tanks in your storage. When you go to the Fuel Station to refuel, it will take not only the fuel tanks you have received as gifts from friends, but also all stored Fuel Tanks in your storage produced by the Oil Refinery. Both counters are displayed on the same line, 'Fuel Tanks', in the Fuel Station.

5. Taco Restaurant (coins): Produces different Taco products like Hard and Soft Tacos, Chicken Quesadillas and Burritos. You can get the Chicken or Meat as gifts from friends or Order them from the Semi-Trailer Truck.

6. You can now harvest your flowers. You can also hire people in the market to harvest your flowers: Flower prices have been slightly adjusted to accomodate this change. It functions like the trees, when you harvest a flower you get the coins and it's restored to it's original stage.

7. The current Flower Shop is now a facility (25 FC): Allows you to produces different flower buckets from the harveted flowers.

8. The frequency of the Major asking for gifts on the game has been reduced considerably, you should not see it more than 1 or 2 times per day.

9. The Semi-Trailer truck now deliver 3 times more Hotdog Sausages in the same period of time.

10. There was an annoying error when people were harvesting for others. If the farm where they were working had some Hens moving, the message 'do you want to use this option for the remaining of this session...." was popping randomly, this have been fixed.

[Update: Taco Restaurant now rotates]

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul
How much fuel does 1 barrel of oil produce once it is refined?
How many coins does one get for the flowers and what is the configuration of the bouquets? I see that I can harvest Carnations and Zinnias plus other flowers, but the floral shop doesn't mention them. So does it produce bouquets that utilize all the flowers and how much do these sell for, plus how many of each do you need?
The sea coast..... I excitedly put some in, but then realized that they are backwards. They can only be used on 2 sides of our farms. Please make them so they can turn the other 2 ways as well????
Farm #1 is the main estate with a bistro and a tennis court.
Farm #2 is busy at work with all the airplanes and helicopters helping out
Farm #3 is where we have crops and facilities. The helpers live here.
Farm #4 is Farmville! Yes, the REAL Farmville, not that "other" game.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1571199267
Old May 22 2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agricultural_barbie View Post
Is anyone else concerned that we can fish for DOLPHIN? You can't eat DOLPHINS!
Are you sure you don't have dolphin mixed up with porpoise? Dolphin are smaller fish, around 20" in length and are commonly served (and delicious) in many restaurants in FL.
Flipper wasn't a dolphin but a porpoise
Old May 22 2010, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailnurse View Post
There is so much more you could do with your farms, I think you should focus on that. You have some nice layouts, but they're pretty flat. Try some 3D stuff, you won't have time to worry about disguising stuff!
Actually I have a little shopping center on the corner of my #1 farm that has all the nice facilities on it. I used palm trees and tabebuia trees to hide them sufficiently.
Take a look and you will see how I did it. I don't care that much for the comic type buildings either, but then again, there are shopping complexes around the country who do make the facades of their buildings look cutsie.
Old May 22 2010, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueW170 View Post
Scott, I am not sympathetic with those who use entitlements when they are capable of doing otherwise or with those who complain for the sake of complaining; however, there are those who work for a living and in this economy sometimes work two or more part time jobs so have little left for luxuries. They may have had a decent or adequate job when they got their computers and an internet connection may be the one "luxury" they continue to afford since it enables them to communicate with family at a distance and perhaps to continue to search for better paying jobs or take online courses to gain more employment skills which may be a less expensive alternative than going to a school or college. Some people may, legitimately, be on disability and not able to get out and about, so their computer and doing a few online games may be their entertainment.
I am not condoning complaining about the fact the some FT features require cash, but I am saying that there are circumstances in which a person may have a computer and access to the Internet, but not have the spare $$ for extra non-essential expenditures. This isn't my situation, but I understand that it is for others.
If someone is that destitute, then go to yard sales instead of sitting at your computer playing games, learn how to sell on eBay, and use that computer time to make real money.....
Not trying to be hard here, but there are alternatives to sitting at your computer for hours every day playing a free game, and then complaining that you have no money.
Old May 22 2010, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnratten View Post
Hi Hessel layer your facility over the crop....put the factory onto green grass and then go in and turn off buildings and trees...refresh and then you should be able to plow over the top of everything...once you have finished plowing and planting then turn the buildings and trees back on and you will see that the factory is now sitting on top of the crop...it sometimes takes me a couple of goes at refreshing before it allows me to layer but it works for me...to harvest simply turn the buildings back off..hope this helps
Quick tip.... You don't have to refresh. Just click on the wrench, then close it, and your hidden items show back up.
Old May 22 2010, 09:35 AM
Account Not Linked

Possibly the best update ever...especially the flower shop (been waiting a long time and now it's here!) and the Farm Town mayor. HE'S *ALMOST* gone!

Thanks so much, keep it coming! (:
Closed Thread