Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old May 22 2010, 12:30 AM

I would like to be able to buy them with coins and not cash, not all can affort to buy what we need to purchase with farm cash,
Old May 22 2010, 12:31 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynthiaSue View Post
The way it is unfair is that alot of these level 80 players would have saved their farmcash for the facilities had they known they were coming. Newer players know this and can make their decisions accordingly. It is often a little unfair to players who have been here the longest in many ways. I am not complaining, it is just how it is. For example, I had to work really hard to get my coins when I first started the game. I had to wait a long time for farm 2 to come out and farm 3 to come out. Newer players work at my facilities and have walked away with tons of coins. They have 2 or 3 farms early on and facilites to make even more coins. It will take them less time to get to where I am now. That is how it is. I am not complaining. However it would be nice to give the long time players an advantage now and again. At least on this game, they did make the farm cash retroactive. I do believe this game tries to be as fair as they can.
As far as new players being able to make their decisions accordingly as to what to spend their farm cash on: They will get to level 80 spend all their farm cash then the developers will release more farm cash items that they can't buy unless they buy the farm cash or do offers, so no one is being treated unfairly. Everyone is given the same amount of farm cash during the game and the game is still in development with new things coming out just about every week and some are for farm cash some are not. You have to decided what to spend your farm cash on, knowing full well that new farm cash stuff may come out tomorrow. That is just part of the game no one is being treated unfairly because of the developers releasing new farm cash items in the game. They never have and never will give people enough free farm cash to buy everything so you have to pick and choose what you buy and know that if you want more you will have to spend money to buy it or do offers, it is just how things work. As far as people leveling up quicker then you did, the game is in beta and will change all the time, it might make it easier to level up it might be harder to level up, but again that is just how things work.

@ The developers, thank you for the update I love everything. Thank you for giving us three hire to harvest options so we can protect our trees and flowers if we want to. Also I would love to see new flowers come out soon and a 4th farm.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old May 22 2010, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilde Lily View Post

I second that! I am planting crops uinderneath buildiings and trees as it is. There is NO MORE ROOM! NEED that 4th farm, please!!
How are people underplanting now? I hide everything but it wont let me plow any more. a long time ago I could do it.
Old May 22 2010, 01:02 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Oh, no. This is beginning to look like Farmville -- lots of new one purpose things and gimmicks. No real additions of basic farm and farming community facilities (or just buildings even if they don't have a coin earning function) such as
- a general store
- basic small town restaurant/coffee shop
- woolen mill or better yet a simple building for turning wool and cotton into thread and weaving cloth
- a lumber mill
- perhaps a hardware and farm implement shop (wouldn't have to be functional, but what farm community is without one)
- no additional type of products added to what the semi-truck delivers

Other than the flower shop, no other existing facilities made multi-functional.

The oil rigs are fine for those who have a farm theme representing certain areas where oil drilling is done and so a nearby refinery fits for those layouts. Otherwise, the present method of attaining fuel has worked just fine except for those players who do all their own harvesting and use the harvesters since plowing doesn't require fuel and so generally, with planning, there's enough fuel daily for planting and seeds can be planted one plot at a time, no need for fuel.

We already had two restaurants with very limited functionality -- only pizza made at the pizza shop and only a few sandwiches at the sandwich shop. Another specialty restaurant just adds another building for already crowded layout space.

Oh, well, I'm sure there are FT players who will thoroughly enjoy the updates and new facilities and I'm probably in the minority that I'm not one of those.

I was never much into the competition, Farmville, just played a bit because my active FT Neighbors were also active in FV and I wanted to reciprocate for the FT gifts by gifting them at FV. Yesterday, I decided that didn't really make sense (after all we are all adults), so deleted FV from my listing of FB applications. . . . Way it's going, I can foresee FT being the next deletion. . . . Except that I would miss this Forum and the fun discussions here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hey there,

We just released a new version with the following features:

1. Small Sea Coast (coins): Allows you to catch Haddock, Dolfin, Swordfish, Mackerel, Eel and Crab

2. Big Sea Coast (32 FC): Allows you to catch Cod, Grouper, Swordfish, Mackerel, Eel, Yellowtail, Tuna, Crab and Lobster

3. Oil Pump Tool (coins): Allows you to produce Crude Oil

4. Oil Reinery (32 FC): Allows you to produce fuel out of the Crude Oil to be used in your harvesters and seeders. You can store the Fuel Tanks in your storage. When you go to the Fuel Station to refuel, it will take not only the fuel tanks you have received as gifts from friends, but also all stored Fuel Tanks in your storage produced by the Oil Refinery. Both counters are displayed on the same line, 'Fuel Tanks', in the Fuel Station.

5. Taco Restaurant (coins): Produces different Taco products like Hard and Soft Tacos, Chicken Quesadillas and Burritos. You can get the Chicken or Meat as gifts from friends or Order them from the Semi-Trailer Truck.

6. You can now harvest your flowers. You can also hire people in the market to harvest your flowers: Flower prices have been slightly adjusted to accomodate this change. It functions like the trees, when you harvest a flower you get the coins and it's restored to it's original stage.

7. The current Flower Shop is now a facility (25 FC): Allows you to produces different flower buckets from the harveted flowers.

8. The frequency of the Major asking for gifts on the game has been reduced considerably, you should not see it more than 1 or 2 times per day.

9. The Semi-Trailer truck now deliver 3 times more Hotdog Sausages in the same period of time.

10. There was an annoying error when people were harvesting for others. If the farm where they were working had some Hens moving, the message 'do you want to use this option for the remaining of this session...." was popping randomly, this have been fixed.

[Update: Taco Restaurant now rotates]

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul
Old May 22 2010, 01:09 AM

I dont think this is anything like farmville. I play it but dont even plant any more. I just use the gifts and keep it to send gifts. Not much is farm cash here compared to FV which i wouldnt spend a dime on because half the time there are so many problems with FV and half the time you lose the gifts people send you. Just about all the buildings you have to pay FV cash for. And its hard to get enough fuel there to even plant and plow unless it is free fuel week. Last time that happened Couldnt even get the gifts because it wasnt working that week.
Old May 22 2010, 01:35 AM

Level:
XP:
Default Boring

So agree with you, gfjones. Though only at Level 63 with farm #3 at 12x12, since the style and size of many facilities and their limited functions aren't worth it to me and no new farm/farm community items have been introduced, I'm at a standstill. Other than perhaps eventually buying more land to finish the third farm layout -- no goal. Yes, it was fun anticipating reaching new levels and having the coins to get a second farm.
I may hang in and buy FT Cash to complete my North Mtn Retreat (farm #3). Since the only way to complete it is by adding FB "friends" for the sake of the FT game or buying FT Cash, there's not much challenge in doing that through participating in the game.
So, though not at Level 80, I completely understand why many who are LEVEL 80 find themselves losing interest.
Darn, the only genuinely interesting application I'd found on FB which didn't require pestering FB friends to participate or "do" things in order to actively play now going all about gimmicks and drifting farther and father from it's original theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfjones View Post
I'm sorry to say, but I'm starting to get a little board with FT. I don't mean to complain, the developers have done a great job and the new facilities are nice, but I was really hoping the next update would give us a forth farm and more levels. I remember how exciting it was when I was working towards purchasing and upgrading my 2nd and 3rd farms. I couldn't wait to level up and enlarge my farms. It was really addicting and I had a goal. Now however, there doesn't seem to be anything to shoot for. I've got 18 million coins, but what good are they and what's the reason to continue? If 18 million coins are useless, what am I going to do with 19 or 20 million. What's the goal? We're stuck at level 80 with no room to expand. Sadly, the game is starting to loose my interest.
Old May 22 2010, 01:46 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottyF View Post
I dont think this is anything like farmville. I play it but dont even plant any more. I just use the gifts and keep it to send gifts. Not much is farm cash here compared to FV which i wouldnt spend a dime on because half the time there are so many problems with FV and half the time you lose the gifts people send you. Just about all the buildings you have to pay FV cash for. And its hard to get enough fuel there to even plant and plow unless it is free fuel week. Last time that happened Couldnt even get the gifts because it wasnt working that week.
Guess I didn't play FV that much -- only expanded once and had lots and lots of unused fuel all the time. I didn't do the collections, and didn't let FV post things to my wall so only accepted (then sold) gifts and sent gifts. Never took more than 5 minutes to go onto FV, do that and click back to my FB Home page. Since I found early on that I didn't like the look of FV and all the pop-ups, never really checked into whether the buildings and such were for FV Coins or Cash.
What I meant about FT becoming more like FV is that the building (facilities) designs are becoming more cartoonish or fantasy land like and it's requiring more reliance on adding people as neighbors unless we want to spend real $$ which I wouldn't mind doing if the items offered were differently designed and more multi-functional.
Definitely FT is better designed and functions much more smoothly than FV.
Old May 22 2010, 02:04 AM

Level:
XP:

I do have some of the facilities, but am not really all that into that aspect of the game either. What interested me about FT and kept my interest was the ability to create realistic looking farm and rural theme layouts, without crowding trees or animals or other features. My "less is more" approach to layouts whether it be my real home and yard or a virtual one. Earning the coins and levels to do this was a fun challenge.

I do, however, like the concept of having a few facilities such as the dairy plant (as some family farms do) and a small bakery. Also a small building where we could juice our fruit and do small scale preserves and canning would have been nice (instead of two large facilities for these functions). Along those lines, ice cream could have been included as one of the things made in the dairy plant as it often is in actual small dairies. The bakery could have also made sandwiches and offered coffee made from fresh ground coffee beans. In small rural communities, to survive economically, local business combine functions and products. A favorite local small coffee shop in my area is also a bakery and a sandwich shop. Also sells small gift items made by home crafters. Just one example of creative small rural enterprise.
Okay, FT serves a huge international game market and players have varied expectations which the developers have done very well meeting. I'm just among the minority who would prefer to keep it simple, keep it rural and so are a little disappointed when the new updates keep trending in a different direction. And after all, as someone pointed out, it's just a game and I don't have to play LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbravesgirl View Post
I personally don't use any of the facilities. There are many people who don't and they are equally as many people that do. I enjoy Farmtown, I have been playing for over a year and have enjoyed so many of the items that have been implemented since that time. I do however wish they could focus on a little something different than the facilities...at least for those of us who don't care about them. Appreciate all the work the developers are doing...and the time they spend trying to please everyone.
Old May 22 2010, 02:23 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hessel View Post
I would love to add more facilities but I cant grow wheat fast enough now.
We really could use a 4th and 5th farm. I love the game. I want to try some new things but can't spare the room. Please please please add more farms!!!

Thanks for all you do!!!
I'm thinking of selling the facilities I have except the dairy plant which logically fits into my farm theme since I have milk cows and a few goats. In reality I would never grow sugar cane in the region my virtual farm simulates, so the sugar refinery is an anomaly also and sugar isn't needed in the dairy plant. This would mean selling the bakery too which is one of the nicer buildings and something that might exist along the road on a real farm. Well still could produce bread. The juice factory has to go -- too big and ugly even disguised with trees. The mills could stay since the red one is totally hidden in trees and the water mill sits rather neatly on the river that I have partly disguised with trees and rocks and milling stone ground wheat and corn is done on a small scale by some farmers for specialty markets.
Phew, gotta go back to my FT farms now and see what I want to get rid of. So enjoy selling and deleting "stuff."

Also, doing this will eliminate most of the gifting and "work in" requests which are turning FT into something more like FV and some of those other games I don't play because one is dependent on pestering one's FB "friends."
Old May 22 2010, 02:37 AM

Now I really need farm #4 (5&6) for all this. "Orchards by the Sea" will be much easier to create now!

Want them all but where will I put them???
Closed Thread