Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old May 22 2010, 03:08 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I cant keep up with the demand for cheese now and now the tacco factory needs it too so unless cheese production is change and we get more I wont be buying it. Love the fact that the flower shop works now thank you. I would love an ocean but dont have the room nor do I have time to go fishing. Please could we have a sprinkler system for watering our flowers I have to do mine my neighbours wont do them it takes up time when I could be fishing instead of watering Oh and I just harvested the flowers on my friends farm and she wished I hadn't because all the flowers have gone into the storage which will take forever to scrool down now as there is too much in there, also the flower shop only uses 5 different flowers so loads of flowers are left in storage that cant be used like 95 marigolds and 101 pink tulips 77 carnations and 100 poppys we also need separate storage for flowers and a separate storage for finished items from the factorys and it was constant click click click on each flower to harvest them we need a quicker way to harvest flowers that is something else I wont be doing again until there is a different storage and a quicker way

Last edited by Zoe101; May 22 2010 at 03:51 AM.
Old May 22 2010, 03:25 AM

Is anyone else concerned that we can fish for DOLPHIN? You can't eat DOLPHINS!
Old May 22 2010, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueW170 View Post
I'm thinking of selling the facilities I have except the dairy plant which logically fits into my farm theme since I have milk cows and a few goats. In reality I would never grow sugar cane in the region my virtual farm simulates, so the sugar refinery is an anomaly also and sugar isn't needed in the dairy plant. This would mean selling the bakery too which is one of the nicer buildings and something that might exist along the road on a real farm. Well still could produce bread. The juice factory has to go -- too big and ugly even disguised with trees. The mills could stay since the red one is totally hidden in trees and the water mill sits rather neatly on the river that I have partly disguised with trees and rocks and milling stone ground wheat and corn is done on a small scale by some farmers for specialty markets.
Phew, gotta go back to my FT farms now and see what I want to get rid of. So enjoy selling and deleting "stuff."

Also, doing this will eliminate most of the gifting and "work in" requests which are turning FT into something more like FV and some of those other games I don't play because one is dependent on pestering one's FB "friends."
There is so much more you could do with your farms, I think you should focus on that. You have some nice layouts, but they're pretty flat. Try some 3D stuff, you won't have time to worry about disguising stuff!
Old May 22 2010, 04:03 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailnurse View Post
There is so much more you could do with your farms, I think you should focus on that. You have some nice layouts, but they're pretty flat. Try some 3D stuff, you won't have time to worry about disguising stuff!
Thank you for the suggestions. I'm not doing 3-D structures since I want to keep my farms rural and I'm not banking up the trees since I want them separated (basically no closer than the drip line, or diameter of the root structure would be, as is best for actual trees, though for layout purposes I do have some of my pines on the FT layout closer together than that.) I realize this creates a problem in designing the illusions of elevation that I want on farms #1 and #3. Not being in the least a creative artist (can barely draw a stick figure LOL), I am probably missing the concept of creating the illusion of a three dimensional look on screen. Can't achieve it on paper either If we ever have the option of a 4th farm, though, I'm planning to play with some different ideas.

I do admire the 3-D structures (buildings, bridges, etc.) others have designed. Attempting it would probably drive me right up the proverbial wall, though. Never could get into the lovely crafts many women enjoy either -- crocheting, knitting, needle work? Gave them a try and I'd rather go chop kindling or mop the floor LOL But would be fun to experiment a bit more when/if we have a 4th FT farm. I can always try things out and delete them. Great thing about doing on the computer designs.
Old May 22 2010, 04:09 AM

I just accepted my gifts (it was circa 3:45 CST 22 May 2010). As I clicked each gift, the screen immediatly came back to the gift page instead of going to the regular screen where you actually -- accept -- the gift(s).
When I went into Farm Town, I looked down at the gift box and, to my surprise, there were no gifts in the box.
My neighbors are not very good at gifting so I hate to lose any gifts. Is there any way to get my gifts back?????

FT devs rock!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you to each and every one of you for all you do for us.
Old May 22 2010, 04:15 AM

Lightbulb small and big sea coast coins?

WHAT do you mean by small and big sea coast? (coins)
Old May 22 2010, 05:29 AM

Please Raul...................I enjoy all the upgrades that you have been bringing us, but please develop a different way to "water flowers". It is so time consuming when I go from neighbor to neighbor to water their flowers for them.

Thanks again for all the fun that Farm Town brings )
Old May 22 2010, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
As far as new players being able to make their decisions accordingly as to what to spend their farm cash on: They will get to level 80 spend all their farm cash then the developers will release more farm cash items that they can't buy unless they buy the farm cash or do offers, so no one is being treated unfairly. Everyone is given the same amount of farm cash during the game and the game is still in development with new things coming out just about every week and some are for farm cash some are not. You have to decided what to spend your farm cash on, knowing full well that new farm cash stuff may come out tomorrow. That is just part of the game no one is being treated unfairly because of the developers releasing new farm cash items in the game. They never have and never will give people enough free farm cash to buy everything so you have to pick and choose what you buy and know that if you want more you will have to spend money to buy it or do offers, it is just how things work. As far as people leveling up quicker then you did, the game is in beta and will change all the time, it might make it easier to level up it might be harder to level up, but again that is just how things work.

@ The developers, thank you for the update I love everything. Thank you for giving us three hire to harvest options so we can protect our trees and flowers if we want to. Also I would love to see new flowers come out soon and a 4th farm.
Wow! I am not upset about this. I rarely spent my farmcash before teh facilities so had it when the facilities came out. However, I have played for a very long time and I believe many people never dreamed anything like facilities would come out, just more decorations. So, newer players do have an edge. What you say is true, someething new and better might come out the even the newer players may not have cash for if they spend it all on facilities. But, now we know there are more possibilities for things to come out. I totally know the wya I used to think about farmcash items, which were rare and far between not all that long ago, so no reason to save the farmcash, and the way it is now, could be a new farm cash item jsut around the corner, that you want more than what you already bought. You know what alot of people did? They got bored and decorated their farms, spending their farmcash and quit, never dreaming something like this would come out. I stand by what I said as well. Newer players have an edge, but it doesn't bother me. I expect it. One does better to start any game after it has been out awhile. I have played lots of games and have yet to find one that didn't disadvantage in some way people who started the game from the beginning.
Old May 22 2010, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agricultural_barbie View Post
Is anyone else concerned that we can fish for DOLPHIN? You can't eat DOLPHINS!
Wrong dolphin. This not "flipper" who is not a fish but a mammal. There is a fish also called a dolphin that is edible.
Old May 22 2010, 05:59 AM

Thanks for all your hard work devs - love the excitement when an update comes out :-)

I love the idea of the sea coasts, though will probably have to wait for a 4th farm to buy them BUT it looks to me that we can only place them on the top edges of our farms - is that right? For those of us that like to create 3D effects it would be much better if they could be placed on the bottom edges, left or right, otherwise they just won't work.

I don't know personally that I'll get the other new facilities. Like others here I'm beginning to find the ones I have too much and am losing the focus on design that i most enjoyed on FT. I already have a flower shop but don't want to spoil my flowers so that's out too. It's great to see new releases for those that want new stuff but please can you consider also addressing some of the general issues that would improve our experience, eg separating goods in the store to make selling easier.