Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Oct 12 2011, 11:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Arrow Newsfeed & Wall Request Posts

Newsfeed & Wall Request Posts Problems

Finding Farm Town Posts:

The easiest place to find your friends Farm Town posts is by using "Show FarmTown Wall Requests". This is particularly useful when you can't find some posts in your Facebook Newsfeed.

To get to this click on the "My Requests" tab at the top of the game screen there is a link to "Show FarmTown Wall Requests". Click on that link and you will find your friends recent posts. For posts to show up in this wall they must have first been posted to Facebook. For both types of Facility work requests there must also be a check mark in the first popup for "Show FarmTown Wall Requests".

One suggestion when working with the Wall Requests if you want to work on a request, right click on the blue link to the right of what you are wanting to do, then click on "open link in new tab". This will open the work request in a new tab for you to work it. This way once you are done with which ever request you are working all you have to do is to close that tab and you still have the wall requests open in the previous tab so you can work the next one. Any links you click on in Wall Requests will change from blue to purple to show that you have already clicked that link. Any posts with a pink background are ones already worked. NOTE: You will not see your own posts here.

No Farm Town posts on your Newsfeed:

There are a couple of possibilties for this problem. The first being that either you or Facebook has blocked Farm Town from your newsfeed. To see if this is the problem do the following:
  • Open your Facebook settings
  • Click on Blocking in the left column
  • Scroll through the list and see if Farm Town is listed and if it is click on Unblock to the right of it.

Also do the following:
On your Facebook wall , on the left side,
  • hover the mouse pointer over 'News feed' and click on the three dots to the right of it and select Edit preferences
  • then click See more options
  • scroll down to Apps hidden from New Feed. If you don't see it listed straight away, click the See More to show more hidden apps

The rest of this make take some time because Facebook thinks they know better what we want to see in our newsfeed than we do.
  • Check your neighbors timelines for posts from Farm Town. If you can see them then be sure to like or comment on them. This will let Facebook know you want to see them.

Your Farm Town posts not showing on your Timeline or Neighbors/Friends Newsfeed:

First thing to check is if they are allowed on your Timeline:
  • To check that farm Town is allowed on your time line, go to your profile/timeline and click on Activity log.
  • Find a post from Farm Town and hover the mouse pointer over the circle to the right of the post. If it doesn't say 'Allowed on timeline' then click on the circle to change the setting.
Next thing to check is if your security permissions are set correctly:
  • Open your Facebook settings and click on Privacy
  • Make sure "Who can see my stuff?" is set to Friends OR Public
Next thing to check is in the Apps & Websites section of your settings:

While still in your Facebook settings click on Apps and Websites. in the left column
There are 3 tabs
  • Active
  • Expired
  • Removed
Look under Active and see if Farm Town is listed there.

If Farm Town is not there, click on and look under Expired. If you see Farm Town there, click View and Edit and then Renew Access.

When you have found Farm Town, check the items the game has access to by clicking the View and Edit. You need to give access to your basic information like name, picture and friends, permission to post on your behalf etc.

Also scroll the list down and check "App visibility " and make sure it is set to Friends, Public or to a Farm Town friends list if you use that.

Unable to post facility or service facility requests for your neighbors and friends:

Check to make sure you have allowed 3rd party cookies and pop ups in your browser settings. Those are needed for the in game pop up screens to show.

For major browsers please follow the steps in the link below for your browser:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

Also , if you have an ad-blocker plugin in your browser make sure the above web sites are also allowed in that too.

Be sure you close and restart your browser for those changes to take effect.

*Note: If you are using private browsing either through your browser or through your anti-virus program, that will block 3rd party cookies and pop ups. You need to turn this off for when you are in Farm Town, so that those cookies and pop ups can be seen.

Posts not showing in Wall Requests:

If your posts are NOT showing up for your friends in Facility Wall Requests please check that when you click on Produce Faster or Refer Clients inside a facility that one of these popups shows BEFORE the Facebook posting box shows.
If these do not show up then that can cause the post not to show up in Wall Request for your friends. If this happens you can cancel the pox to post to Facebook and just click on Produce Faster or Refer Clients to try again. If it persists, reload the game and try again.

Remember, you will not be able to see your own posts in Facility Wall Requests, only your friends will be able to see them.

As of August 2018, due to changes with Facebook, if you can no longer cancel your posts to Facebook for your facilities, bonuses or ingredients to stop them showing up on Facebook as doing that method means they will also NOT show up on Facility Wall Request, or Oher Wall Requests.

If you do not want some of your friends on Facebook to see those game posts you can set the audience to be "Only Me". They will show on your timeline just for you and not seen by anyone else. Once you have posted them to Facebook, if you do not want them on your timeline you can delete the posts and the ones posted to Wall Requests will still show in Wall Requests.
OR you can create a Facebook friends list with just your Farm Town Friends in it and check that the privacy is set to that list before you post it to Facebook. The Friends List method does mean that you may have to change the privacy for other types of posts to Facebook for your other friends.

With facility posts you can prevent them going to Wall Requests if you wish by removing the check mark in the first popup before you click the green check mark. You can not do this with bonus or ingredients requests.

Last edited by Tiger; Feb 10 2022 at 09:24 AM.
Old Oct 04 2020, 05:30 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Question Other Wall Request problem

Why are we seeing notices about new facilities bought on the Other Wall Requests. These are not requests and they fill up the list keeping us from seeing the real requests for bonuses and ingredients.
Old Oct 04 2020, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy813 View Post
Why are we seeing notices about new facilities bought on the Other Wall Requests. These are not requests and they fill up the list keeping us from seeing the real requests for bonuses and ingredients.
Hi Kathy

Those are showing up in the link for Other Wall Requests.

There, you can find bonuses, ingredients requests, but also posts when we get farmcash for quests, when we buy facilities, etc.

Just take in mind that we had a release yesterday so farmers are purchasing factories but this will not last more than a few days.
Old Oct 10 2020, 06:20 PM

My friend Paula is having issues with posting for facility help. If she posts one, the other won't show up even ho she posts. As an example she posted her facility asking for folks to work at her facilities and that one posted but the one for clients did not. I checked in my requests and sure enough only one of hers posted while everyone else appeared to have both posted. Why would this occur?
Old Oct 10 2020, 06:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIAP27 View Post
My friend Paula is having issues with posting for facility help. If she posts one, the other won't show up even ho she posts. As an example she posted her facility asking for folks to work at her facilities and that one posted but the one for clients did not. I checked in my requests and sure enough only one of hers posted while everyone else appeared to have both posted. Why would this occur?
Hi Riap,
Have her try adding some text to her posts. That will sometimes make them post to the wall requests. The problem is again the transfer of data between Facebook and Farm Town. Sometimes the information just doesn't get sent.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 14 2020, 04:32 PM

I posted a bonus on my FB and the text came out as gibberish. Is this an FB thing too?

Edited to add: a post from another player is also garbage

Edited to add: must be a browser problem as it's fine on other computer, never mind, nothing to see here, move along.....

Last edited by Sqrl; Oct 14 2020 at 04:50 PM.
Old Oct 14 2020, 04:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqrl View Post
I posted a bonus on my FB and the text came out as gibberish. Is this an FB thing too?

Edited to add: a post from another player is also garbage
Hi Sqrl,
Check your language in your Facebook settings.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 14 2020, 04:53 PM

Thanks, Taz, I will. New computer....
Old Oct 20 2020, 05:10 AM

Okay, this one was entirely down to me, a setting in FB Purity. Heh. Fixed now.

Tags
can't post, can't work facs, can't work services, facility wall requests, news feed, other wall requests, posts not showing, wall requests