Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jul 15 2022, 09:32 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle jo View Post
hi am just wondering about the scroll bar down the side of facility wall requests i have been having problems with it for last few days where it only shows a few posts when i know there is loads more posted and just refreshed the page now as i am helping people and now i can only see 4 people on it now i have cleaned everything out and checked updates and all is good have you any idea why this is happening thank you
Hi michelle jo,
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 24 2022, 03:56 PM

For some reason I am not getting the proper pointer for ingredient requests, boost requests for facilities, and bonuses on the Facebook page when using the Edge browser since yesterday's Windows 11 update. I just thought I should report this in case anyone else has the same problem. I normally look up friends by name to check for posts that are not in the My Requests link due to their age as well as go through the lists. Basically Facebook is actually like the links do not exist on the page.

I inquired of some friends and it looks like maybe yesterday's beta feature update to Windows 11 Insider build 22H2 broke something and caught FB off guard.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.

Last edited by Qivis; Jul 24 2022 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Additional information added
Old Jul 24 2022, 05:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
For some reason I am not getting the proper pointer for ingredient requests, boost requests for facilities, and bonuses on the Facebook page when using the Edge browser since yesterday's Windows 11 update. I just thought I should report this in case anyone else has the same problem. I normally look up friends by name to check for posts that are not in the My Requests link due to their age as well as go through the lists. Basically Facebook is actually like the links do not exist on the page.

I inquired of some friends and it looks like maybe yesterday's beta feature update to Windows 11 Insider build 22H2 broke something and caught FB off guard.
Hi Qivis,
I am sorry, but you will have to take that up with Facebook. Only thing I can suggest is try a different browser and see if they show in it.

By the way we do not have boosts for facilities.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 26 2022, 09:22 PM

Default Facility Wall Requests not resetting

My super neighbor and I are noticing tonight that the Facility Wall Requests feature are remaining pink, well after the 8 hour window. I know I did her facs just over 12 hours ago (which is rare for me) and was going to do them again tonight, but no luck. If it were just me, I wouldn't post it...but she is seeing the same thing on her end.

I tried a browser on my phone versus PC, same result. I came to the forums and tried a memcache, also no luck.

Maybe its a symptom of a larger error on the servers elsewhere so I thought I'd give a heads up.
Old Jul 26 2022, 09:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDobber74 View Post
My super neighbor and I are noticing tonight that the Facility Wall Requests feature are remaining pink, well after the 8 hour window. I know I did her facs just over 12 hours ago (which is rare for me) and was going to do them again tonight, but no luck. If it were just me, I wouldn't post it...but she is seeing the same thing on her end.

I tried a browser on my phone versus PC, same result. I came to the forums and tried a memcache, also no luck.

Maybe its a symptom of a larger error on the servers elsewhere so I thought I'd give a heads up.
H i CDobber,
I moved your post to the thread about the wall requests.
Please note it is not 8 hours between working an individuals facilities to be able to work them again. It is 8 hours without doing any facility posts.

Notice that if you spend at least 8 straight hours in a day without playing farmtown (when you sleep, eat breakfast, etc, most people will fall in this category) then you will in fact be able to work your friends facilities at least once per day. If you want to work them say twice per day, you will have to work them all say in the morning, 9AM, and then do not work anymore facilities until after 5 PM, after that time you will be able to work them all again. The key point is that you will be able to work ALL your friends facilities after 8 hours has passed since the LAST facilities you worked. Basically what this is saying is that after you have worked a neighbours facility there must be a gap of 8 hours, where you do not work any facilities, before you can work the neighbours facility again.
Old Jul 26 2022, 09:49 PM

makes perfect sense...thanks Taz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
H i CDobber,
I moved your post to the thread about the wall requests.
Please note it is not 8 hours between working an individuals facilities to be able to work them again. It is 8 hours without doing any facility posts.

Notice that if you spend at least 8 straight hours in a day without playing farmtown (when you sleep, eat breakfast, etc, most people will fall in this category) then you will in fact be able to work your friends facilities at least once per day. If you want to work them say twice per day, you will have to work them all say in the morning, 9AM, and then do not work anymore facilities until after 5 PM, after that time you will be able to work them all again. The key point is that you will be able to work ALL your friends facilities after 8 hours has passed since the LAST facilities you worked. Basically what this is saying is that after you have worked a neighbours facility there must be a gap of 8 hours, where you do not work any facilities, before you can work the neighbours facility again.
Old Jul 27 2022, 02:26 AM

can you only access Farm Town through Facebook? for some reason, my FT posts are causing FB to limit my account.
Old Jul 27 2022, 03:33 AM

Default FT facility posts on news feed

Hi, I don't appear to be seeing any FT facility/client posts on my news feed like I used to. I took a break from FT and I am wondering if there is something I did to stop seeing the posts. I can get the posts from the FT facility wall it's just that when I am on FB browsing it's handy when facility posts pop up and I can just click on them instead of having to load FT and go to the wall. Thanks
Old Jul 27 2022, 05:59 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjfxvii View Post
can you only access Farm Town through Facebook? for some reason, my FT posts are causing FB to limit my account.
Hi rjfxvii,

Yes you do need to use Facebook to be able to play.

You should be able to post 5 ingredients and 5 bonuses to your Facebook profile without getting blocked plus the facility requests.

Once you post from the game and that post is on Facebook, what you can do with it is then under Facebooks control.

When people tend to get blocked it's usually due to sharing or posting links for them too many times and some may be posting them to different areas of Facebook. That can trigger their automatic spam detection as it's sharing or copying the exact same thing over and over which is what a spammer would do. The other one is when posting many times is done too quickly in which case you may see a warning that mentions going too fast.

The more often you are warned by Facebook about something they are not happy with, the longer the block tends to be and that is also an automatic setting.

The only thing we can suggest is you have a think back to what you were doing with any posts throughout the day before you were first warned about being blocked, even if they were not game related. See if you could figure out what it is that could have triggered the block and try not to repeat it.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jul 27 2022, 06:08 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivienne57 View Post
Hi, I don't appear to be seeing any FT facility/client posts on my news feed like I used to. I took a break from FT and I am wondering if there is something I did to stop seeing the posts. I can get the posts from the FT facility wall it's just that when I am on FB browsing it's handy when facility posts pop up and I can just click on them instead of having to load FT and go to the wall. Thanks
Hi Vivienne57,

Facebook are trying something new with what happens when you choose to not see any particular types of posts in News Feed whether it be from a game or specific people or pages on Facebook.

At this time the way to check for those is this, but it may well change again in the future:
  • Click on your Facebook proile picture in the top right of your News Feed.

• Scroll down and click on Settings &Privacy.

• Scroll down and click on Feed.

In the options that show under Whats in your Feed, click on Reconnect.

If it's a recent change you did it should show you those, but when it's something you did quite a while ago then you need to use the search box and type in Farm Town and see if it will show up that way.

• When it does show then you click on the icon to the right of it with a plus sign and they should start showing up again.

However we do not know how quick Facebook will apply those changes.

If it's not that then it might be worth you visiting a few friends profiles that post from the game daily, click the like on some Farm Town posts and start following those friends if you are not, so Facebook knows that you want to see their posts in your News Feed.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Tags
can't post, can't work facs, can't work services, facility wall requests, news feed, other wall requests, posts not showing, wall requests