Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 23 2022, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra_J View Post
ok!! thank you

You are welcome Alexandra
Old Jan 25 2022, 10:26 PM

I am still getting the abnormal disconnect error. I can't even switch between farms to keep harvesting/plowing crops because of it. It was said it was fixed. Is there something I should do?
Old Jan 25 2022, 10:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amycamille View Post
I am still getting the abnormal disconnect error. I can't even switch between farms to keep harvesting/plowing crops because of it. It was said it was fixed. Is there something I should do?
Hi Amycamille,
What caused that to happen for everyone was the chat server went down for a short time. Without that server you can not contact anyone else.
Apparently you have a different problem. This could be an internet problem for you between you and that server. Please try the restarting of modem and the server tests in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=627590

Your data has to go through many links to get to the Facebook app server and then many more links to get from there to the Farm Town servers. Any one of those links can be having problems and cause your connection to drop. Unfortunately we do not have any wait to monitor or get those fixed. You will just have to wait until it is fixed by whoever owns that link.

You should still be able to work on your farms as that data does not go to the same server as the chat server. You may have to slow down some so that it has time to save the work before you move on to another farm.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 26 2022, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Amycamille,
What caused that to happen for everyone was the chat server went down for a short time. Without that server you can not contact anyone else.
Apparently you have a different problem. This could be an internet problem for you between you and that server. Please try the restarting of modem and the server tests in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=627590

Your data has to go through many links to get to the Facebook app server and then many more links to get from there to the Farm Town servers. Any one of those links can be having problems and cause your connection to drop. Unfortunately we do not have any wait to monitor or get those fixed. You will just have to wait until it is fixed by whoever owns that link

You should still be able to work on your farms as that data does not go to the same server as the chat server. You may have to slow down some so that it has time to save the work before you move on to another farm.
I tried all of that. I still have the problem. Whenever I try to switch farms, I get this error:

2022-01-27 05:47:14.253 WARNWARNING: Ajax.Send_Ajax_Request - got error: ConnectionError, Unknown Error, https://w21.slashkey.com/facebook/fa...MwNzc2MDM1NSJ9
Old Jan 27 2022, 12:00 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amycamille View Post
I tried all of that. I still have the problem. Whenever I try to switch farms, I get this error:

2022-01-27 05:47:14.253 WARNWARNING: Ajax.Send_Ajax_Request - got error: ConnectionError, Unknown Error, https://w21.slashkey.com/facebook/fa...MwNzc2MDM1NSJ9
Hi Amycamille,
As I said this can be an internet problem somewhere between you and the servers that is causing the disconnecting. Unfortunately we do not have any way to monitor the many links your data goes through to get to the servers. The only thing you can do is keep reconnecting to work and wait for the problem to be fixed by whoever owns the link that is causing the disconnection.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 27 2022, 02:41 AM

Thank you, Taz. After many hours of troubleshooting and reconfiguring my internet settings it appears to be working fine now. Let's hope it stays that way.
Old Jan 27 2022, 05:06 PM

cant find where to post this sorry but doing peoples facilities and clients I got abused for posting for friends only from one of my friends and she sent a very nasty message and she deleted me well today I have had heaps of the same so must be a glitch somewhere obviously
Old Jan 27 2022, 05:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda1955 View Post
cant find where to post this sorry but doing peoples facilities and clients I got abused for posting for friends only from one of my friends and she sent a very nasty message and she deleted me well today I have had heaps of the same so must be a glitch somewhere obviously
Hi Amanda,
IF I understand what you are saying that message comes from Facebook. It is not a glitch nor is it from Farm Town. What exactly is the message you are getting?
Facebook changed their security settings so if you are posting a lot or copying those posts to a lot of groups they will send you a message and can stop you from playing the game temporarily.

IF your posts are showing your name, but are to others farms, this happens if you are using more than one account. It is a Facebook problem that when you use the switch user it does not change the user information for those posts. The only way so far that we know to prevent this is to use a different browser for each of those accounts.

Last edited by Taz D; Jan 27 2022 at 05:27 PM.
Old Jan 27 2022, 10:50 PM

Default Everything Checked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Patricia,
I moved your post to the HTML/WebGL thread about loading problems.

Please check if there is any update for Windows or Mac, you can type update in the search box and you usually get "search for updates", you have to follow the instructions. Remember to close and restart after updating.

Also make sure your browser is updated as sometimes they do not automatically update.

After that then follow the instructions given in this announcement:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/announcement.php?f=1

You have to try all suggestions under FIRST LOAD OF FARM TOWN.
After trying them all, then restart and check again if your game loads.

If your game doesnt load, then you have to provide the information under PERSISTENT LOADING ISSUES.
Please notice that for point 3, developers are asking for the last Checkpoint information.

If you dont see the information below your game screen, then click in Toggle FT console and scroll down the page using the bar on the right till you find the last Checkpoint information.

Also make sure your computer meets the minimum requirements listed in the first post of this thread. There are steps in that post as well for checking your computer.
Hi TAZ
Yeah everything has been updated and I have cleaned cache etc. Browsers update automatically.
I cannot get any info due to it keeps refreshing , it refreshes way to fast to catch anything. And, when I was able to stop it by using the (x) all that came up was the pink box where my ID is and nothing else.
Any other ways I can check anything??? What about the Cache Removal for FT?? Will that work???
Patricia_B2009
Old Jan 27 2022, 11:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia_B2009 View Post
Hi TAZ
Yeah everything has been updated and I have cleaned cache etc. Browsers update automatically.
I cannot get any info due to it keeps refreshing , it refreshes way to fast to catch anything. And, when I was able to stop it by using the (x) all that came up was the pink box where my ID is and nothing else.
Any other ways I can check anything??? What about the Cache Removal for FT?? Will that work???
Patricia_B2009
Hi Patricia,
Farm Town doesn't have any way to restart or refresh automatically. That would have to be your computer system restarting because it is encountering an error.

Do you have a Windows or Mac computer?

How much memory does it have?
Please try all the steps in the first post of this thread for checking your computer.
You can try the memcache, but I am not sure that will help. Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl