Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Oct 08 2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Baracco View Post
I can't figure out how to post, but attempting again. lol I can't harvest my horse barn from the facility manager. Does anyone know what is wrong? Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.
I cant harvest from my new larger horse stable either - I think the Devs DO know about this - it happened when the alternative larger stable was released - I assume you ARE talking about the larger stable not the old smaller version?
You could try this:
take all the horses out, put the stable in storage, bring it back out and put the horses back.
However - that didnt work for me.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Oct 08 2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimpat View Post
I know this is not the right forum but Ii went to OFFICIAL Change Farm Name, Forum Name, Avatar Name/Gender/Appearance and did everything they told me what to do and it did not work and now no one is helping me so I have come here with hope to get help when ft shut down to do a fb update or what ever earlier this week my avatar name changed to just plain Pat it has always been slimpat 5x5 combine all tools I can change it back and it says changed and if i go to my farm it says that but when i go out of ft and come back it is back to pat I have tried different names and the same thing happens it always changes back to Pat every time. It is hard to get jobs in the market when no one knows you have all the tools I am getting desperate CAN SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE
thank you
Pat
slimpat
I may be misunderstanding what you already did, but, to change your name - not the farm's name - you have to go to the FT Account tab and change it there.
Account --> Preferences --> change the name and then click 'Change'
Make sure to delete what is shown there completely before you put the new (old) name there...
you might also be safer to just change it to Slimpat Combine.... don't use too many letters/characters.

I hope you get this solved! ♥
Old Oct 08 2011, 05:20 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Jerry...had done those calculations already, with all of the facilities....I do it each time we get new ones. I wait to see what their affect would be on things before I put a dairy and sawmill into storage...from my math, that would mean more milk and logs in storage, since it would take less to fill the remaining facilities. I ran along with a surplus of everything, until Thursday...and then ran out of milk...and later logs. Bought more cows and planted more trees, and got a ton of gifts of milk to finish up with. Harvested all my cows twice before loading on Friday, and still ran out of both again...just does not make sense to me. Most of the newer facilities use products from the other facilities...not base products....that is why I am confused and frustrated. I understand how to balance what I make against what I need...and usually am able to fill everything I need at 100% except for a couple service facilities that are at 95%; I don't fill a few of them to 100% with products I don't use and are not needed in the service facilities...don't see the point.

A good example is that I have 120,000 in surplus cheese...that is after having just filled everything up. Now tomorrow, if I restocked and ran out of cheese, I would be amazed...since it has been over 7 months since I did...that is why I had so many dairies.
Anyway....I do not like having to wait 2 days to fill up, the whole plan behind fine-tuning my farms, and working on my neighbors was to be able to have enough to fill up every day.
Old Oct 08 2011, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesdreher View Post
I hadn't noticed anything out of the ordinary about running out of things that I wouldn't normally run out of, but I haven't been paying that close attention for a while now. At this point I'm just harvesting what crops I had already planted and then I'll be taking a break from FT for a while, or until there's a new release that actually brings us something new (and no, I don't mean just new facilities or new farms). Unless there are some significant changes to game play, I'm afraid I think I've run my course with the game. It was a fun 2+ years, and I've certainly spent many hours here, and some real cash, but I think it's time to step back for a while.
sometimes it's a good thing to step away for awhile ... I go to extremes (but not as bad as some) and have a spreadsheet that shows me an EXACT number of ingredients or items needed per day for each facility so it takes the guesswork out of wondering how much I need. But when things get to be too much like "work", I back off and just harvest barns or don't play at all for awhile. No point doing it when it's not fun any more.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...2244&farm_ix=9
Old Oct 08 2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by levarti2 View Post
sometimes it's a good thing to step away for awhile ... I go to extremes (but not as bad as some) and have a spreadsheet that shows me an EXACT number of ingredients or items needed per day for each facility so it takes the guesswork out of wondering how much I need. But when things get to be too much like "work", I back off and just harvest barns or don't play at all for awhile. No point doing it when it's not fun any more.
You've got company - I actually get more satisfaction from working on my spreadsheet than I get from farming. In the game all of the facilities are becoming tedious - even with the tools to work them faster. However - those same tedious FT facilities are quite a challenge for me to work into my spreadsheet and streamline it. Too bad FT won't let us share macro enabled spreadsheets. I do wish they (the devs) would make the stats available to everyone in one of the forums. Knowing what quantities it takes to fill each facility and how many of each item are needed from belt to belt are a few things that I would like to know.

Animal Farm http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...9521&farm_ix=Y
Old Oct 08 2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fritz View Post
Just hope when they add more levels that they require at least 100,000 XP points to level up. 150,00 would be better give us something to strive for.
Fritz
Agreed with drastically increasing the XP needed between the upper levels. I remember how hard I had to work to earn XP to reach the top level 34 not alll that long ago. I could get 33,000 XP every two hours now (if only I could find the formula to turn raspberries into farmcash)

Animal Farm http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...9521&farm_ix=Y
Old Oct 08 2011, 10:10 PM

hmm sniff sniff... can i smell an update in the wind? best on one in the next 3 hours... well ok hell, probably not, cant blame a girl for trying

Obsessive compulsive farming disorder: it is no joke!!!!!

Level 385- with 16th Farm and all size upgrades - farming since June '09

Are We there Yet???

WISH LIST: - TO HIRE SOMEONE TO PLANT MY FIELDS - from a pre selected list of seeds for each farm!!!

Old Oct 08 2011, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krypto View Post
You've got company - I actually get more satisfaction from working on my spreadsheet than I get from farming. In the game all of the facilities are becoming tedious - even with the tools to work them faster. However - those same tedious FT facilities are quite a challenge for me to work into my spreadsheet and streamline it. Too bad FT won't let us share macro enabled spreadsheets. I do wish they (the devs) would make the stats available to everyone in one of the forums. Knowing what quantities it takes to fill each facility and how many of each item are needed from belt to belt are a few things that I would like to know.
not surprised I'm not the only one charting things as I've seen some pretty extensive sheets from other people. Mine is very basic ... and I DO know what quantity it take to fill each facility daily and for the 15 days ... took the time to chart it (for my facilities) and that's the info I use to put on another sheet of the worksheet for knowing what to grow. I keep accurate inventory when I'm not loading facilities, use it as a guideline when I am ... still tells me what I need to plant next. No macros, just simple math calculations.

the part about knowing what's needed belt to belt is another matter and I'm with you on that too ... would be nice to know those things ahead of time.

as for the tedious part of the facilities, tools etc ... on my last revamp, I sold all my service facilities (don't like them, won't buy more, don't need the extra coins they produce) ... and put facilities in storage that don't have to do with food (with few exceptions). For me, it's made things more simple and if we get Farm #12, I'll put those non-food facilities back out, maybe. In the meantime, my farm duties are simplified so I can truly enjoy the time when I'm playing farmer. I love it ... doesn't feel like a "job" ... I have control, it's not controlling my life, so I really enjoy it. Right now I'm just in a "growing" mode ... h/p crops and build my reserves. Gotta love the game for allowing us to do our own thing.

Old Oct 08 2011, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susme48 View Post
Jerry...had done those calculations already, with all of the facilities....I do it each time we get new ones. I wait to see what their affect would be on things before I put a dairy and sawmill into storage...from my math, that would mean more milk and logs in storage, since it would take less to fill the remaining facilities. I ran along with a surplus of everything, until Thursday...and then ran out of milk...and later logs. Bought more cows and planted more trees, and got a ton of gifts of milk to finish up with. Harvested all my cows twice before loading on Friday, and still ran out of both again...just does not make sense to me. Most of the newer facilities use products from the other facilities...not base products....that is why I am confused and frustrated. I understand how to balance what I make against what I need...and usually am able to fill everything I need at 100% except for a couple service facilities that are at 95%; I don't fill a few of them to 100% with products I don't use and are not needed in the service facilities...don't see the point.

A good example is that I have 120,000 in surplus cheese...that is after having just filled everything up. Now tomorrow, if I restocked and ran out of cheese, I would be amazed...since it has been over 7 months since I did...that is why I had so many dairies.
Anyway....I do not like having to wait 2 days to fill up, the whole plan behind fine-tuning my farms, and working on my neighbors was to be able to have enough to fill up every day.
So, you are not getting enough Milk & Pine, not the products from facilities? Since they sped up the production of pine, doesn't it take more pine to produce or did they just double the yield? Are you posting you facilities to be worked? I've not had this problem with the source goods, but I have a dairy barn on every farm with 100 regular cows and about 10 of the other cows in each, and don't have this issue. I also have 512 Pine Trees on my Chopping Farm. I haven't had issues with any of the base products since they released the super sheep. I have a dairy on every farm, and have not issues keeping it stocked. I have 5 lumber mills, and no issues there either. So I guess I can't help.

Did you sell some of the base stock by chance? Check the check mark boxes when you go to sell, if you every use the sell all button outside of the non-ingredient option.

---Jerry

Farmtown: Where everyone can play the way they want to play, and still enjoy a great game together!

My Quest Plot Farm
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...1897&farm_ix=2
Old Oct 08 2011, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by levarti2 View Post
not surprised I'm not the only one charting things as I've seen some pretty extensive sheets from other people. Mine is very basic ... and I DO know what quantity it take to fill each facility daily and for the 15 days ... took the time to chart it (for my facilities) and that's the info I use to put on another sheet of the worksheet for knowing what to grow. I keep accurate inventory when I'm not loading facilities, use it as a guideline when I am ... still tells me what I need to plant next. No macros, just simple math calculations.

the part about knowing what's needed belt to belt is another matter and I'm with you on that too ... would be nice to know those things ahead of time.

as for the tedious part of the facilities, tools etc ... on my last revamp, I sold all my service facilities (don't like them, won't buy more, don't need the extra coins they produce) ... and put facilities in storage that don't have to do with food (with few exceptions). For me, it's made things more simple and if we get Farm #12, I'll put those non-food facilities back out, maybe. In the meantime, my farm duties are simplified so I can truly enjoy the time when I'm playing farmer. I love it ... doesn't feel like a "job" ... I have control, it's not controlling my life, so I really enjoy it. Right now I'm just in a "growing" mode ... h/p crops and build my reserves. Gotta love the game for allowing us to do our own thing.
ps ... I've come to LOVE the Red Sprinkler too. It's great trying to plan my next few crops around "over night" time and daytime when I might need to cut the harvest time in half. Like a puzzle working it all in around the 20 hrs, cut to 10 and then using the 8 & 12 hr crops to fill in, etc. Great fun!!!

Closed Thread