Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Jul 03 2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy pants View Post
Or as Max pointed out, some retailers sell facebook credits over the counter.... that way you'd be dealing in cash, no information required.
Hmmmmm - hadn't thought about that one. Not sure if any are sold in Australia, but will look into it. Thanks.

Old Jul 03 2011, 09:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
OK, thanks for that. Do you know how we check which are accepted? I usually buy Visa which is still mentioned as a method on the buy cash page.
Look in the payment methods for prepaid cards and see which ones are listed.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 03 2011, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
Hmmmmm - hadn't thought about that one. Not sure if any are sold in Australia, but will look into it. Thanks.
helen they just started to sell them here in canada on thur so just keep a eye out for them.
Old Jul 04 2011, 06:11 AM

Oh, and instead of just getting Farm Cash straight away, I have to save up 48 fb credits before I can get anything at all. This is just better and better! I love FB! NOT! The one free offer I can contemplate (crowdsourcing mindless tasks) would give 4 credits.

Farm Town dear, you couldn't perhaps put some pressure on FB to be kinder to indigent sqrls?
Old Jul 04 2011, 09:49 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Sal Fantasia Send a message via MSN to Sal Fantasia
Default Facebook credits for farm cash

I couldn't find a thread concerning this so if it's necessary to move it I will understand.

At present I am at maximum level and I have about 155 facilities on my 10 farms, half of them purchased with Farm Cash. Facebook announced that effective July 1, 2011 all Farm Cash purchases can only be made with Facebook Credits. I took the following from their Help Section.

"One Facebook Credit is currently valued at $0.10 USD ($1.00 USD = 10 Facebook Credits). Facebook redeems Facebook Credits at the rate of $0.10 per Credit, minus a service fee of $0.03 per Credit redeemed."

Now I am not an accountant but to me that looks like a 30% service fee. If this is the case then as of now I will not be spending any more money for Farm Cash. Maybe Slashkey should start investigating the possibility of having their own website dedicated to Farmtown.

Thank you

Sal Fantasia

MY FARMS

FACILITY GUIDE
Old Jul 04 2011, 11:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Fantasia View Post
I couldn't find a thread concerning this so if it's necessary to move it I will understand.

At present I am at maximum level and I have about 155 facilities on my 10 farms, half of them purchased with Farm Cash. Facebook announced that effective July 1, 2011 all Farm Cash purchases can only be made with Facebook Credits. I took the following from their Help Section.

"One Facebook Credit is currently valued at $0.10 USD ($1.00 USD = 10 Facebook Credits). Facebook redeems Facebook Credits at the rate of $0.10 per Credit, minus a service fee of $0.03 per Credit redeemed."

Now I am not an accountant but to me that looks like a 30% service fee. If this is the case then as of now I will not be spending any more money for Farm Cash. Maybe Slashkey should start investigating the possibility of having their own website dedicated to Farmtown.

Thank you

Sal Fantasia
Slashkey has never gotten the total amount. When you bought Farm Cash before this it was either through Codebell if you purchased with Paypal from the top box on that page or through Super Rewards if you used the lower section. Those companies did not do this for free and took their percentage cuts too. It really is no different for them.
People on here have been wanting a way to use Facebook credits for a while because friends and family could send them FB credits gift cards, but they couldn't use them because Slashkey didn't use them. Now they can use them and I am sure they are happy now.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 04 2011, 11:47 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Slashkey has never gotten the total amount. When you bought Farm Cash before this it was either through Codebell if you purchased with Paypal from the top box on that page or through Super Rewards if you used the lower section. Those companies did not do this for free and took their percentage cuts too. It really is no different for them.
People on here have been wanting a way to use Facebook credits for a while because friends and family could send them FB credits gift cards, but they couldn't use them because Slashkey didn't use them. Now they can use them and I am sure they are happy now.

Taz Codebell and Slashkey are one and the same. So when you bought them through Codbell you where buying them straight from slashkey not a 3rd party.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Jul 04 2011, 12:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
Taz Codebell and Slashkey are one and the same. So when you bought them through Codbell you where buying them straight from slashkey not a 3rd party.
I stand corrected. Thanks Jas. Guess I should have researched that.
Old Jul 04 2011, 12:47 PM

So now we can't get FC without donating to Facebook. Well I guess I'll abandon facebook as well. I guess that's why they are losing players. The statistics I read is that facebook is losing users. Active users are declining although they still get new users but the veterans are leaving. They keep strangling the players. At the rate their going the user count will become "0".
Old Jul 04 2011, 12:52 PM

This is total BS & Unacceptable. You can stick a fork in me cause I am done.