Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Jul 03 2011, 10:08 AM
Account Not Linked

How come we can still earn cash in other games with free offers? I thought this was a new Facebook rule? Cityville, restaurant city, Frontierville..... I can still earn cash for those games with free offers.
Old Jul 03 2011, 10:14 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddshots View Post
Everyone should keep in mind that FB saves your credit card info without telling you that they do. One must go to account settings and remove it each and every time you use it or face being hacked and losing it. I know, I did not know it was saved, got hacked, took me months to get my money back.
Every place that I have shopped on the internet has saved my credit card FB is no different in that regard. If you are worried about that happening buy fb credits at the store and not online.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Jul 03 2011, 10:16 AM

Oh, what? I can't do superrewards offers to get farm cash any more? There are exactly 3 free offers on fb credits, most of which are surveys for which I probably won't qualify (going on previous experience). So that's the end of that then? thanks a lot.

and yes, I know it's not FT's fault, but I am pretty upset by this. at least i have a lot of what i need for my farm already!

Last edited by Sqrl; Jul 03 2011 at 10:29 AM. Reason: clarity
Old Jul 03 2011, 11:44 AM

Ok..So I go to look at buying this Ft credits and it keeps giving it to me in British Pounds?.........Urghhhhhhhhhh.....Anyone know how I change this?...
Old Jul 03 2011, 04:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostkitten View Post
Ok..So I go to look at buying this Ft credits and it keeps giving it to me in British Pounds?.........Urghhhhhhhhhh.....Anyone know how I change this?...
You have to change it from your FB account settings or credits balance if that is in the dropdown menu for Account. Last item in the list on the page is Preferred Currency. Click on change and set it to what you need.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 03 2011, 04:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Everyone should keep in mind that FB saves your credit card info without telling you that they do. One must go to account settings and remove it each and every time you use it or face being hacked and losing it. I know, I did not know it was saved, got hacked, took me months to get my money back.
Just curious, did you only use that card for Facebook? If not then how do you know it was because of Facebook that the card information was stolen?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 03 2011, 08:52 PM

Quote:
If you use a prepaid credit card purchased for just the amount you want to spend on farm cash (facebook credits) it shouldn't matter because the card will dead once it's used.

Old Jul 03 2011, 08:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
If you use a prepaid credit card purchased for just the amount you want to spend on farm cash (facebook credits) it shouldn't matter because the card will dead once it's used.
Be sure and check which ones they accept first though. They are different from what we used to be able to use.
Old Jul 03 2011, 08:59 PM

Or as Max pointed out, some retailers sell facebook credits over the counter.... that way you'd be dealing in cash, no information required.

Visit my farm!
The Rainbow Connection
Old Jul 03 2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Be sure and check which ones they accept first though. They are different from what we used to be able to use.
OK, thanks for that. Do you know how we check which are accepted? I usually buy Visa which is still mentioned as a method on the buy cash page.