Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Jul 04 2011, 09:23 PM

I am a bit miffed that FB gets any of the money...they out no effort into the game or its development, they do not give us the new updates. All fb really does is cause aggravation with all their un-needed updates which inevitably cause more broken down issues. I to wish and hope that sk will pack up and move to a different server or place to play. FB makes millions from their advertisment, must they have this as well? yes I realize it's like renting a space BUT come on. Does anyone know if sk has to pay to have the game on fb and my space?? In any case I would much rather see sk take all the money, and fb get nothing. Mark has become a greedy, power hungry little man.
it may not be the best, it may not be the prettiest, and it's certainly is not the most creative but it's mine and I like it. feel free to visit me but please leave complaints and begging at your own farm.
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/?farm_id=904565178
Old Jul 04 2011, 09:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't feed the beggers View Post
i bought a fcb gift card today (shoppers drug mart for any canadians looking for them). Came home all excited. Applied for my fc than got an e-mail saying I owed paypal almost $13...well wtf I just paid 25 for the silly card.....I guess I must have done it wrong b/c now I got 276 fc, no credits and it wasn't even what I asked for when I asked for my credits to be turned into fc....so now I have all these fc and can't use them until they take my cash away and refund my credits, don't charge my paypal...GRRRR I don't think I will be using fc very often anymore. to much trouble, frsutration etc etc...good thing have everything now. Until something new comes out that I MUST have of course lol.
Sound like you requested the 250 Farm Cash and didn't have enough credits, but they should not have been able to charge your Paypal account unless you authorized it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 05 2011, 01:54 AM
Account Not Linked

I'm from Belgium. I always bought FC with a prepaid card (in my case that is a wallie card). When I didn't have a Wallie card available at that time and I was too lazy to go to the store to get me one, I often used my mobile phone to get some cash.
This morning, I wanted to buy some cash (now credits ofcourse) with my mobile phone. I had to select a country from the drop down menu. Belgium isn't listed I never, ever had any problems purchasing cash with my mobile phone before. And now, since they changed it, we, the people from Belgium can't buy credits with the mobile. THIS SUCKS BIG TIME.
Old Jul 05 2011, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Sound like you requested the 250 Farm Cash and didn't have enough credits, but they should not have been able to charge your Paypal account unless you authorized it.
I didn't but i have bought credits before using my mc, but not once did I say it was ok to charge my cc yesterday...I went to complain to fb and they gave me options, I checked give me a refund and I will try again and got a reply letter saying to wait 72 hrs for a reply...so now i don't wanna spend anything from my fc not even the 26 I had bought before the change over, just in case.
it may not be the best, it may not be the prettiest, and it's certainly is not the most creative but it's mine and I like it. feel free to visit me but please leave complaints and begging at your own farm.
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/?farm_id=904565178
Old Jul 05 2011, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddshots View Post
Everyone should keep in mind that FB saves your credit card info without telling you that they do. One must go to account settings and remove it each and every time you use it or face being hacked and losing it. I know, I did not know it was saved, got hacked, took me months to get my money back.
Another reason to just get a gift card the next time you are at a store...... it does cost about 5% to "activate" it .... but that is a small price to pay to
[1] keep hackers away from the personal credit or debit cards, and
[2] limit potential loses to the remaining balance on the gift card, and
[3] monitor the addition to FT to spend $FTcash a little better, and
[4] you can always use the balance to buy other things on line for the same protections against hackers.

Old Jul 05 2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy pants View Post
So the really sad part of this is that the people who do the actual work of developing, running, and maintaining Farmtown now have to give Facebook 30% of the money they make from the players. That makes me a little irritated.... I guess they didn't have a choice.

This will be just like the government placing another tax on a corporation. The corporation does not end up really paying the tax, .... they pass the cost on to the consumer, resulting in higher prices.

Can you see it now?j New facility could have been $35, now $45.

Old Jul 05 2011, 08:55 AM

Thumbs down What were you thinking???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I noticed the message regarding compliances with Facebook to use Facebook credits in order to buy farm cash, but WHY DID YOU TAKE AWAY OUR RIGHT TO CHOOSE WHICH COMPANY TO PURCHASE FARM CASH VIA MOBILE PHONE?????? EVERYTHING WAS JUST FINE UNTIL YOU SCREWED THINGS UP FOR US!!!!!!! I HATE ZONG!!!!!!!! LET US HAVE A CHOICE TO USE PAY MO SO WE CAN PURCHASE FARM CASH!!!!!!!
Old Jul 05 2011, 09:02 AM
Account Not Linked

Talking

Wow, I am old. I use my mobile pone for making and receiving calls.
Old Jul 05 2011, 09:08 AM
Account Not Linked

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by clogger View Post
Wow, I am old. I use my mobile pone for making and receiving calls.
lol Clogger

Well, I did too before I found out how easy it was to get some farmcash with the mobile phone. Now facebook took that away from me by changing things. Not a happy bunny right now.
Old Jul 05 2011, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman1215 View Post
I noticed the message regarding compliances with Facebook to use Facebook credits in order to buy farm cash, but WHY DID YOU TAKE AWAY OUR RIGHT TO CHOOSE WHICH COMPANY TO PURCHASE FARM CASH VIA MOBILE PHONE?????? EVERYTHING WAS JUST FINE UNTIL YOU SCREWED THINGS UP FOR US!!!!!!! I HATE ZONG!!!!!!!! LET US HAVE A CHOICE TO USE PAY MO SO WE CAN PURCHASE FARM CASH!!!!!!!
I'm not sure who this "you" is that you're referring to, musicman... but Slashkey was compelled to follow this edict from Facebook if they wanted to retain FB as their platform for the game. Be angry with FB if you want, but seeing as this is a Slashkey forum, I think you're yelling at the wrong person here.

Visit my farm!
The Rainbow Connection