Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jul 19 2011, 03:30 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Sal Fantasia Send a message via MSN to Sal Fantasia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Have you bought any more after you changed your password? I made the mistake in cancelling my wife's preferred payment entry for Facebook and now she cannot use Paypal to purchase credits. Have not been able to solve this as Paypal says we have to contact Facebook and no word back from Facebook.
Well I am sorry but I have to retract my last statement. It seems that Facebook and PayPal have a point to point transaction relationship. PayPal has these types of relationships with many companies which makes it possible for them to sell goods and services to other PayPal members without requiring logins for each transaction. It works just like the subscriptions except that they are not recurring transactions but they automatically get approved until the PayPal member notifies PayPal that it no longer has a business relationship with that company. I just bought $10 worth of credits and it didn't require the new password. The fact that this occured after I changed my password also tells me the password is not stored anywhere on the Facebook site. I stand corrected. On another note I have never had any type of payment entry account with Facebook.

Sal Fantasia

MY FARMS

MY FARMS

FACILITY GUIDE
Old Jul 19 2011, 05:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Fantasia View Post
Well I am sorry but I have to retract my last statement. It seems that Facebook and PayPal have a point to point transaction relationship. PayPal has these types of relationships with many companies which makes it possible for them to sell goods and services to other PayPal members without requiring logins for each transaction. It works just like the subscriptions except that they are not recurring transactions but they automatically get approved until the PayPal member notifies PayPal that it no longer has a business relationship with that company. I just bought $10 worth of credits and it didn't require the new password. The fact that this occured after I changed my password also tells me the password is not stored anywhere on the Facebook site. I stand corrected. On another note I have never had any type of payment entry account with Facebook.

Sal Fantasia

MY FARMS
Thanks Sal. Actually you did establish an approved payment with Facebook the first time you bought credits. That is the way they set it up. I found I had the same thing set up automatically with TigerDirect for computer parts and didn't know they had done that one either.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 19 2011, 05:17 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Sal Fantasia Send a message via MSN to Sal Fantasia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Thanks Sal. Actually you did establish an approved payment with Facebook the first time you bought credits. That is the way they set it up. I found I had the same thing set up automatically with TigerDirect for computer parts and didn't know they had done that one either.
Ahh Now I understand. I also have the same arrangement with Newegg and Buy.com. Most every other place I deal with online I use my PayPal Mastercard which is directly backed by my bank account. The good thing about that is the cash back bonus I get. Oh well I guess if PayPal trusts Facebook to get into that kind of arrangement they can't be all that bad.
Thanks for the Heads up.

Sal Fantasia

MY FARMS

MY FARMS

FACILITY GUIDE
Old Jul 20 2011, 04:47 AM
Account Not Linked

About a year ago, I opened a 'click and buy' account to buy FC. I usually buy cash with a prepaid card, but last week I was informed that there was still money on my 'click and buy' account. I never used it anymore after that first time I bought some cash through it, so, I was pretty happy to notice that there was still some money left on it. I went to buy myself some farmcash and what do you know. St***d facebook doesn't work with click and buy,(slashkey did, facebook doesn't for some weird reason) in other words, I can't buy myself fc or credits with my click and buy account. Now there is sitting about 10 euro's on that account and I can't do anything with it. Not a happy camper now
Old Jul 20 2011, 10:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel70 View Post
About a year ago, I opened a 'click and buy' account to buy FC. I usually buy cash with a prepaid card, but last week I was informed that there was still money on my 'click and buy' account. I never used it anymore after that first time I bought some cash through it, so, I was pretty happy to notice that there was still some money left on it. I went to buy myself some farmcash and what do you know. St***d facebook doesn't work with click and buy,(slashkey did, facebook doesn't for some weird reason) in other words, I can't buy myself fc or credits with my click and buy account. Now there is sitting about 10 euro's on that account and I can't do anything with it. Not a happy camper now
Check there FAQs and see if there is a way you can move that money back to your bank account. I bet there is. I use Paypal and I know I can do that which this is the same kind of service.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 20 2011, 02:22 PM
Account Not Linked

I can transfer the money back, Taz, but that is gonna cost me 1,85 euro's. Since the minimum amount to transfer is 10 euro's and there is only 10 euro's on the click and buy account, I can't make the transfer unless I put 2 euro's on that account in order to get it back. How crazy is that?
Old Jul 20 2011, 02:42 PM

Default Daily Lottery

Has the Daily Lottery coins been shut off?
I haven't seen that in about 3-4 days at least, same with a friend.
Sorry if I missed another thread that may include this question.
Old Jul 20 2011, 04:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soozy View Post
Has the Daily Lottery coins been shut off?
I haven't seen that in about 3-4 days at least, same with a friend.
Sorry if I missed another thread that may include this question.
It is still randomly appearing. Apparently they have not gotten it fixed to be everyday or they have decided to leave it as random. It is a "lottery" after all.
Old Jul 20 2011, 04:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel70 View Post
I can transfer the money back, Taz, but that is gonna cost me 1,85 euro's. Since the minimum amount to transfer is 10 euro's and there is only 10 euro's on the click and buy account, I can't make the transfer unless I put 2 euro's on that account in order to get it back. How crazy is that?
Everybody has got to get their fingers in the pie...
Old Jul 20 2011, 04:58 PM

Smile Facebook Credits

I find it much easier to buy Facebook credit cards, they are available from several stores in the UK including GAME and I believe in other countries. The card is activated in the store and you enter the bar code on the game you want and it is done