Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Mar 26 2022, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundos View Post
Thanks for your help!
You are welcome Sundos
Old Mar 28 2022, 04:02 AM
Account Not Linked

I am having a problem with the game adding points correctly when i am working neighbors' facilities. the points go up then they drop to a lower number than before i started working the farm. what can i do? it's very irritating.
Old Mar 28 2022, 07:05 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martha1953 View Post
I am having a problem with the game adding points correctly when i am working neighbors' facilities. the points go up then they drop to a lower number than before i started working the farm. what can i do? it's very irritating.
Hi martha1953,

I am unable to reproduce your issue at this time, my points are adding fine and not dropping.

Could you have been working facilities in more than one tab in your browser and then going back to each tab to check if the work was done?

If you were, that can cause what you are describing as the game tries to update the tab you view at that specific time. If there is still plenty of work to be done in the tab you are viewing if you continue watching it you should see that the points will correct and then continue rising.
The other thing you can try is when you have completed all the work and closed the other tabs, if the points don't correct when you return home, try reloading the game and they should correct and you should see that they have gone up from the amount you had before you started working facilities for friends.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Mar 31 2022, 10:45 AM

You misunderstood the issue I reported earlier this week and I do not have the time to find my original post. The problem is that I find the links for factory friends in the My Requests
Facility Wall Requests list that send me to the farms of complete strangers and then say the work is reserved for friends. And they are people I KNOW have only 1 account. It is NOT that my friends have multiple accounts. Sometimes I can look up the person who made the actual request, but sometimes I cannot figure out which of the 6 links for the open tabs belongs to a person other than the link took me to.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old Mar 31 2022, 12:08 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
You misunderstood the issue I reported earlier this week and I do not have the time to find my original post. The problem is that I find the links for factory friends in the My Requests
Facility Wall Requests list that send me to the farms of complete strangers and then say the work is reserved for friends. And they are people I KNOW have only 1 account. It is NOT that my friends have multiple accounts. Sometimes I can look up the person who made the actual request, but sometimes I cannot figure out which of the 6 links for the open tabs belongs to a person other than the link took me to.
Hi Qivis,

The last post from you about this kind of thing was over a week ago. We don't see anything posted by you last week. Looking at your last post about this could the non-friends have been friends in the past bearing in mind that many will change both their names and profile pictures on Facebook over the years?
Having played for many years that may not be easy to remember.

The other thing to check would be your my Neighbours tab and see if anyone is showing up with a generic picture rather than a profile picture. You would need to remove the check mark for Show Active Players Only because if there is a temporary problem with Facebook knowing who your friends are then they may also be showing as not recently active until that problem resolves.

Have you checked your buddy list lately could any of them be a buddy, in case there's some weird connection that way?

Have you got anyone on your blocked lists either via Facebook or the blocking in the game that could be the non-friend? Blocking via the game will only show you the current profile picture, not a name.

If it's none of those you can go straight to support with this or if you wish, OR you can go one step further and also check if the following shows there was any kind of connection with you before you contact them. It's not ideal, but I might be tempted to try it if I got this problem as it may be a clue. It's entirely up to you.
You could try checking if there has been any connection with you in the past when you are on a farm where you are getting the reserved message by removing yourself as a neighbor and also as buddy for them. The popup you will see will tell you if you were removed or not.

If it did remove you as a neighbour then you would know that they had to have been a friend at some point to have been able to have you as a neghbour. If it did happen to remove you from a current friend then they might notice and contact you.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Mar 31 2022, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi Qivis,

The last post from you about this kind of thing was over a week ago. We don't see anything posted by you last week. Looking at your last post about this could the non-friends have been friends in the past bearing in mind that many will change both their names and profile pictures on Facebook over the years?
Having played for many years that may not be easy to remember.

The other thing to check would be your my Neighbours tab and see if anyone is showing up with a generic picture rather than a profile picture. You would need to remove the check mark for Show Active Players Only because if there is a temporary problem with Facebook knowing who your friends are then they may also be showing as not recently active until that problem resolves.

Have you checked your buddy list lately could any of them be a buddy, in case there's some weird connection that way?

Have you got anyone on your blocked lists either via Facebook or the blocking in the game that could be the non-friend? Blocking via the game will only show you the current profile picture, not a name.

If it's none of those you can go straight to support with this or if you wish, OR you can go one step further and also check if the following shows there was any kind of connection with you before you contact them. It's not ideal, but I might be tempted to try it if I got this problem as it may be a clue. It's entirely up to you.
You could try checking if there has been any connection with you in the past when you are on a farm where you are getting the reserved message by removing yourself as a neighbor and also as buddy for them. The popup you will see will tell you if you were removed or not.

If it did remove you as a neighbour then you would know that they had to have been a friend at some point to have been able to have you as a neghbour. If it did happen to remove you from a current friend then they might notice and contact you.
In other words it's a bit like the relationship status of the last woman I asked out - "it's complicated!"

I suppose having nearly the Facebook limit of 5000 friends could mess things up a bit even though I have only been removing people who've never played Farm Town or who Facebook reports as having deactivated accounts. But the listings that I am talking about are from active farmers whose pages I CAN work from. The links there work fine. It's the links on the list that take me somewhere other than the farm of the person who posted.

As for when I reported this last, I suppose as they say the mind's the first thing to go and of course the brain damage doesn't help any even though the doctors say my stroke was small...

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.

Last edited by Qivis; Mar 31 2022 at 08:38 PM. Reason: There they're their. Changed what I said but forgot to change 1 word
Old Mar 31 2022, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
In other words it's a bit like the relationship status of the last woman I asked out - "it's complicated!"

I suppose having nearly the Facebook limit of 5000 friends could mess things up a bit even though I have only been removing people who've never played Farm Town or who Facebook reports as having deactivated accounts. But the listings that I am talking about are from active farmers whose pages I CAN work from. The links there work fine. It's the links on the list that take me somewhere other than the farm of the person who posted.

As for when I reported this last, I suppose as they say the mind's the first thing to go and of course the brain damage doesn't help any even though the doctors say my stroke was small...

Hi Qivis

Managing multiple accounts doesnt mean those accounts are second ones for your friend. It also means that your friend is working one of their friends account who shared their credentials with them.
Some farmers do that due vacations, illness etc as they want to continue posting facilities and that cant be done by a superneighbor.

If they are managing their own account and other farmer's account then this kind of problems happens due a change made by Facebook.

This problem is affecting facilities posts, trains requests, ships. When you try to work them from the Wall requests, then you get the message you are not friends, but if you know which friend is managing other account and you go to their fb profile, then you could work facilities without problems.

The person managing more than one account, usually use the switch in facebook and/or has the accounts open at the same time in the same browser, one maybe using private browsing.

To try to solve this, they can do all work for one account, close it and reload the browser and then open the other account.

If that doesnt help, then they have to use different browsers to each account.
Old Apr 12 2022, 10:02 PM

I am unable to work other people facilities. I can do 3 or 5 or so then it says oops the mayor has already helped with thsse facilities today. I havent done any for ages because this was happening. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. Have emptied cache and made no diffference.
Old Apr 12 2022, 10:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon Tattersall View Post
I am unable to work other people facilities. I can do 3 or 5 or so then it says oops the mayor has already helped with thsse facilities today. I havent done any for ages because this was happening. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. Have emptied cache and made no diffference.
Hi Sharon,
I have moved your post to the Help & Support thread about the facility work requests.
Are these you are working after those 3 to 5 some you have worked within the last day? You have to have an 8 hour break not working any posts before you can rework any of them.

You can check when you can rework requests for regular facilities and service facilities in the Show Times tool in your tool box. If it will allow you to work then they will have a green check. If not then they will have a time amount listed for how long you have to wait.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 30 2022, 07:04 PM

Is there any way to get to the older facility request posts once you have to reload? Every day between 6 and 8 CST, I get the gray screen. All my Farmtown tabs go to gray. I reload everything, but I lose the posts I was working from as I have to reload that page and it updates to more current posts when it's reloaded. Just wondering if I can go back and get people I missed since I can't see their posts anymore and I was negligent in not making a list of who to work. Thanks.

Tags
can't post, can't work facs, can't work services, facility wall requests, news feed, other wall requests, posts not showing, wall requests