Old Jan 19 2017, 06:38 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
"...I am wondering instead of trying to give us a new release every month if they should not be maybe every 2 or 3 months...also...you should be able to have everything ready on the night you release it..."
I don't agree with part 1 of this comment (maybe every 2-3 months for a new release) - I think the developers do a great job providing new & interesting things - but I do agree with part 2 of this comment - I detest seeing a new release that DOES NOT have everything ready to go at the very moment it's released...if you can't get something ready for a release, then just omit it until next release!

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jan 19 2017, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeky Banutski View Post
I don't agree with part 1 of this comment (maybe every 2-3 months for a new release) - I think the developers do a great job providing new & interesting things - but I do agree with part 2 of this comment - I detest seeing a new release that DOES NOT have everything ready to go at the very moment it's released...if you can't get something ready for a release, then just omit it until next release!
I sometimes am annoyed, too that they don't release everything at once. But then I think maybe it is so not to over load the servers and make more problems.
Old Jan 19 2017, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean's Farm View Post
I sometimes am annoyed, too that they don't release everything at once. But then I think maybe it is so not to over load the servers and make more problems.
There is always a good reason that it takes longer to realease. They take 4 hours from every farm town day, and add it to their time estimates. Simple.
Old Jan 19 2017, 06:55 PM
Account Not Linked

I want to thank Raul and the developers for the wonderful game. However, I wish there was an opt out button for the ships or give the change itinerary option. I have wonderful neighbors who absolutely refuse to click the ships. I have lost 10s of thousands of product because I have to skip them every time. I really do not want to delete them as neighbors, but this is getting to me.

Thanks
Old Jan 20 2017, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSugar View Post
I want to thank Raul and the developers for the wonderful game. However, I wish there was an opt out button for the ships or give the change itinerary option. I have wonderful neighbors who absolutely refuse to click the ships. I have lost 10s of thousands of product because I have to skip them every time. I really do not want to delete them as neighbors, but this is getting to me.

Thanks

I give my neighbors 12-15 hours. Because of time differences and all. Then I skip them. I was stressed about it when it first started but now I look at it as it's more goods than I had before even skipping someone.

The neighbors who refuse to click on them aren't really all that wonderful then. It takes 5 seconds to click on them and it costs them nothing and they get coins in return.
Old Jan 20 2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean's Farm View Post
I give my neighbors 12-15 hours. Because of time differences and all. Then I skip them. I was stressed about it when it first started but now I look at it as it's more goods than I had before even skipping someone.

The neighbors who refuse to click on them aren't really all that wonderful then. It takes 5 seconds to click on them and it costs them nothing and they get coins in return.
There's also a trick to help with this: Since our itineraries are based on our "Helpers" - those names listed in the yellow part at the bottom - what I do is each morning when I send out my gifts, I ONLY send gifts to those people who I know are doing ships. Then, at night, right before I'm ready to dispatch my ship, I go accept gifts I've received throughout the day - again, only accepting gifts from those who do ships. I try to get 30 of them if I have that many. When you do that, those people will be the ones on your itinerary. Occasionally I'll have a stray or two get in, but I just skip those and all is well. I've never had to skip more than 3 ports and usually its fewer than that.

Once they do the new ships improvements, we won't have to worry about it and I'll be able to send gifts to everyone again - but this is a cool trick between now and then. I can't take credit for figuring this out. A neighbor told me and it works!

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Jan 20 2017, 09:51 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
There's also a trick to help with this: Since our itineraries are based on our "Helpers" - those names listed in the yellow part at the bottom - what I do is each morning when I send out my gifts, I ONLY send gifts to those people who I know are doing ships. Then, at night, right before I'm ready to dispatch my ship, I go accept gifts I've received throughout the day - again, only accepting gifts from those who do ships. I try to get 30 of them if I have that many. When you do that, those people will be the ones on your itinerary. Occasionally I'll have a stray or two get in, but I just skip those and all is well. I've never had to skip more than 3 ports and usually its fewer than that.

Once they do the new ships improvements, we won't have to worry about it and I'll be able to send gifts to everyone again - but this is a cool trick between now and then. I can't take credit for figuring this out. A neighbor told me and it works!
Hi Susan,

Just to be very clear to anyone who reads your post. This is not a "trick". I would not like anyone to think that tricks (making something work other than the way the developers intended it to work, like layering/stacking) can be posted on the open forum as they can not.

As the developers have previously posted, the game will look in the Games Activity Panel for neighbours that have helped you in the past week and then for neighbours by last activity to assign your ships itinerary.

The key is understanding the way the Game Activity Panel beneath your game screen works. Your friends appear in there when they have helped you in some way, whether it be by your accepting a gift from them or them helping you on your farm or working your facilites, sending bonuses, ingredients etc.

As the game first looks in there for your neighbours that have helped you, to help decide your itinerary, any neighbour that has helped in the last week, and is showing up in that panel, is more likely to be chosen for your itinerary. So some of them should show up in your itinerary. If the game can not find enough in there it will still look for neighbours based on last activity date.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Last edited by Tiger; Jan 20 2017 at 09:57 AM.
Old Jan 20 2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi Susan,

Just to be very clear to anyone who reads your post. This is not a "trick". I would not like anyone to think that tricks (making something work other than the way the developers intended it to work, like layering/stacking) can be posted on the open forum as they can not.
Oh sorry! No - this is just learning to use the way the game is set up to help solve a problem some previous posters were addressing. Not meaning to suggest anything beyond that.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Jan 20 2017, 02:00 PM
Senior Moderator

[quote=Grumpdad;6133834]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
The only question now is whether gift crops can be bought in the co-op quests if that is all you have left. That question has been sent to Support to determine as we moderators have no way to test this.

I have brought this matter up with support and the only response that they thought fit was
"Hi Stephen,

Originally, gifts were used first, but this was changed.

Rob

Slashkey Support Staff"

Clearly that do not see it as an issue!!!!!!!
Hi Grumpdad,
We have asked the developers and the rules for co-op quests have never allowed the use of gift products for co-op quest buying.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 20 2017, 09:05 PM
Account Not Linked

[quote=Taz D;6134038]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpdad View Post
Hi Grumpdad,
We have asked the developers and the rules for co-op quests have never allowed the use of gift products for co-op quest buying.
But the order of usage has been altered after that decision, by changing one rule and not the other it has effectively made gifts useless, surely this should be addressed???
Closed Thread