Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jan 20 2017, 09:13 PM
Senior Moderator

[quote=Grumpdad;6134086]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post

But the order of usage has been altered after that decision, by changing one rule and not the other it has effectively made gifts useless, surely this should be addressed???
Hi Grumpdad,
Changing the order did not have anything to do with whether co-op quests could use gift products or not. That rule has been in place since the beginning of the co-op quests.
You can still use your gifts (tomatoes in your case) to fill your facilities and can even sell them to others farmer to farmer in trade. The only exception being in the co-op quests others cannot buy those tomatoes from you because they are from gifts.
If you wish to make a suggestion to change this please post your suggestion in the Suggestions section of the forums. You can not start a new thread in that section, but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 20 2017, 09:25 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

try posting an Ingredient request for needed crops, those do count towards the quests.
Old Jan 20 2017, 09:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
try posting an Ingredient request for needed crops, those do count towards the quests.
Hi Aussie Rae,
It was a co-op quest and buying ingredients from someone who only had gifts of that crop. You can not post ingredient requests for those. For regular quests you can post ingredient requests or use gifts if you have the Gifting Lifeline.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 20 2017, 09:40 PM
Account Not Linked

[quote=Taz D;6134098]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpdad View Post
Hi Grumpdad,
Changing the order did not have anything to do with whether co-op quests could use gift products or not. That rule has been in place since the beginning of the co-op quests.
You can still use your gifts (tomatoes in your case) to fill your facilities and can even sell them to others farmer to farmer in trade. The only exception being in the co-op quests others cannot buy those tomatoes from you because they are from gifts.
If you wish to make a suggestion to change this please post your suggestion in the Suggestions section of the forums. You can not start a new thread in that section, but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.
There seems to be no point in that, I brought the matter up in support, put the matter in the feed of the ticket which was closed without even a reply being made!
Old Jan 20 2017, 11:14 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Aussie Rae,
It was a co-op quest and buying ingredients from someone who only had gifts of that crop. You can not post ingredient requests for those. For regular quests you can post ingredient requests or use gifts if you have the Gifting Lifeline.
fair enough, but I know people who have not had enough of a product that others(person A) can purchase for their co-op, and after that (person B) posts an ingredient request, and the goods are sent to storage, the (person A) was able to buy those goods, whether crops etc...
Old Jan 20 2017, 11:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
fair enough, but I know people who have not had enough of a product that others(person A) can purchase for their co-op, and after that (person B) posts an ingredient request, and the goods are sent to storage, the (person A) was able to buy those goods, whether crops etc...
Hi Aussie Rae,
That would be because Ingredient Requests are regular size boxes instead of gifts. Good point though. It was just a situation none had ever run into before that I know of, so we got clarification from the developers.
Old Jan 20 2017, 11:37 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
I see where you are coming from, but the first time I fill my facilities I will be back to where I was, this is a short term solution that does not address the problem, but thanks anyway, I guess we will have to wait until others get hit by this and complain, perhaps then the cause of the problem might be addressed, who knows???
Old Jan 21 2017, 12:14 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpdad View Post
I see where you are coming from, but the first time I fill my facilities I will be back to where I was, this is a short term solution that does not address the problem, but thanks anyway, I guess we will have to wait until others get hit by this and complain, perhaps then the cause of the problem might be addressed, who knows???
we can only hope.. one thing I noticed with my own stored goods was the amounts used when doing the NCC.. they dropped alarmingly fast .. now I don't bother with the NCC, just went back to my normal method of posting facs once or twice a week.. yet I still manage to be in the top 4 of the ncc each week, which is fine with me.
Old Jan 21 2017, 12:27 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
we can only hope.. one thing I noticed with my own stored goods was the amounts used when doing the NCC.. they dropped alarmingly fast .. now I don't bother with the NCC, just went back to my normal method of posting facs once or twice a week.. yet I still manage to be in the top 4 of the ncc each week, which is fine with me.
I guess my problem is that I am a people player, I always leave 4 co-ops open, I work my butt off in the NCC, I purchased long fish cars to help others, I have lost count of how many fish farms, semi truck trailers etc I have. To get a message to say I had no tomato's was like getting a slap in the face which is why I posted here and complained in an effort to get the matter sorted so that others do not get caught out! I have solved it my end by selling all the gifts that can be used in facilities, it cannot happen again to me, but others will come across the problem sooner rather than later, sad but true.
Old Jan 21 2017, 02:51 AM
Account Not Linked

Hello Farmers! A maintenance is currently in progress. Thanks for your patience.

Estimated 03.30 to c. 05.30
comment trouver votre farmlink how to find your farmlink
memcache where's my post gone quoi de neuf
Support (si on ne peut pas résoudre un problème ici)
Closed Thread