Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Aug 09 2014, 11:05 AM

no, I have the same problem. I had to go back three times before I finally got someone who finished. I don't stay on the farm to babysit because it slows them down but when I notice the pop up 'xxx placed in your storage' message not showing up, I start looking for them. Then it's off to the market to hire someone else, or just finish it myself if the crop is about to go to waste. So frustrating.

Farming since May 19, 2009
Old Aug 14 2014, 09:40 AM

I have had a couple of times, where I was hired, and when I got to the farm and tried to start working, the game froze and kicked me out... So I was not able to go back without being rehired... That could be happening some of the time for you guys... I also have found that some people don't like the 9X layers, so I will ask who wants my work before I hire someone, and tell them what I have and take the first person who volunteers... I don't like to work with other people because everybody is telling each other what they want to do, and I don't listen to them, I do what I was hired to do... And you can't get your bonus until all the work you were hired for is completed, so if you leave, you lose that, so I think people are probably getting kicked from the game...
Old Aug 14 2014, 09:44 AM

Also, a tip to people trying to get hired-- do NOT change your status message to PINK, it needs to be RED... I've seen a lot of people trying to make their message stand out from everybody else, so they choose the pink, which is for when you are there to HIRE not working... And if anybody tried to click on you to hire, they get a message saying you are only there to hire... And I know they are there wanting to work because they have changed their status message to list out everything they want to do... So if you are wondering why you don't get hired, that's why...

Last edited by leslikay62963; Aug 14 2014 at 10:26 AM.
Old Aug 14 2014, 02:03 PM

Once of twice maybe but I don't believe they are being booted every single time I hire someone. My farms aren't heavily layered. I have 3x crop layers at most. Not all of my farms are layered. No stacked trees,buildings or anything else on any farm. My largest farm is 24x24. Most are 18x18. The people I choose for the layered crops have in their status that they will do layers.

As for the pink status I think it needs to be reworded. People see "Hire" and think it means Hire Me and not I am here to hire someone. They don't bother reading the whole thing when they choose it. That being said I have changed my status to pink to avoid being hired while trying to hire someone to work for me and I still get hire requests even though it has been pink for several minutes so It isn't like they sent the request before I changed it. It was pink for too long.

Last edited by ccheney; Aug 14 2014 at 02:07 PM.
Old Aug 14 2014, 06:31 PM

I always say exactly what work I'm needing done and try to hire whoever offers. I say "try" because I've discovered there are a lot of poachers in the market...especially if you're looking for someone to fish. When I try to hire for fishing, someone will offer, and before I can finish my request, <poof> they've vanished. Someone with faster fingers has hired them out from under me. So frustrating.

Old Aug 14 2014, 06:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by anstar View Post
I always say exactly what work I'm needing done and try to hire whoever offers. I say "try" because I've discovered there are a lot of poachers in the market...especially if you're looking for someone to fish. When I try to hire for fishing, someone will offer, and before I can finish my request, <poof> they've vanished. Someone with faster fingers has hired them out from under me. So frustrating.
I have found that if I go to the selling market, click on someone there, set up my hire for what I want done and what farms, then close it before clicking to send that will save the set up for me. Then all I have to do is go to the hiring market and I am all set to hire and don't have to waste time setting it up, but just click to send.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 14 2014, 07:19 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
I have found that if I go to the selling market, click on someone there, set up my hire for what I want done and what farms, then close it before clicking to send that will save the set up for me. Then all I have to do is go to the hiring market and I am all set to hire and don't have to waste time setting it up, but just click to send.
yes this and setting my status to pink while there means i don't get those extra requests when i go to the hiring market
Old Aug 14 2014, 10:39 PM

Even doing that first, sometimes they still get snatched out from under me. I don't lose quite as many, since I learned that little trick, but I and my computer and old and slow.

Old Aug 14 2014, 11:57 PM

There are also people in the MP who will put out a hire request for all jobs on all farms and when you get to the farms you find after going through 23 farms that there is no work or only one of the farms has a small amount of work or you are hired to harvest trees and you get to the farm and there is only one tree to harvest. I have had all of these happen many times. They are only doing it to clear the MP to make it easier to get a job.
Old Aug 15 2014, 07:45 AM

I had run into that one time also. Or at least something similar. It was very aggravating.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...6352&farm_ix=1