Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Feb 04 2021, 11:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarbee View Post
My ID is 1223288649 I keep getting this error almost every week now WebGL Supported, but DISABLED ------------------- ERROR! I send a note and you tell me to clean out my cache (this does not help) and you will refer to some one. Some time later in the day, the error message generally is gone. But why does it keep coming back week after week? Thank you for your help.
Hi pbarbee,
I moved your post to the subject thread about the loading problems.
Please read the first post of this thread as there is new information in that for you to try.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 04 2021, 12:22 PM

658541954 ID number I posted on here awhile ago seemed to work ok ish for a couple days but now getting the grey screen again and game not loading trying to figure out where to post issue is hard you click the link and all kinds of stuff pulls up not just the section you should post to so sorry if this one is not correct. Thanks for any help you can give me!
Old Feb 04 2021, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wksdm@hotmail.com View Post
658541954 ID number I posted on here awhile ago seemed to work ok ish for a couple days but now getting the grey screen again and game not loading trying to figure out where to post issue is hard you click the link and all kinds of stuff pulls up not just the section you should post to so sorry if this one is not correct. Thanks for any help you can give me!
Hi wksdm

Please go to the first post, first page of this thread. There is new information for you to read and try.

Thanks
Old Feb 04 2021, 12:56 PM

What is status of memcache? yours or Flash??
Old Feb 04 2021, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirl312 View Post
What is status of memcache? yours or Flash??
Hi shirl312

The memcache clears your data on the server and forces it to be reloaded, so you get a clean load. You can use it in the HTML5 version.
Old Feb 04 2021, 01:41 PM

Default Running Farm Town

Look I don't understand I played it just a few days ago and now we are back to saying it won't load. What in God's green earth is going on?
Old Feb 04 2021, 01:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by savanahchild50 View Post
Look I don't understand I played it just a few days ago and now we are back to saying it won't load. What in God's green earth is going on?
Hi Savanahchild,
I have moved your post to the HTML thread about loading issues.
Please read the first post of this thread to see what may be causing this for you.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 04 2021, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeYoung55 View Post
Sounds like the symptoms of Windows being a bit short of memory. 8Gb is about the minimum for Windows10 which I find to be a bit hungrier than Windows 7 was. Check also that you have a reasonable amount of free space on your disk so Windows has room to dump stuff it is not using out of memory temporarily. Deleting unused files and clearing temporary storage can make a significant difference. Most Laptops won't be able to have extra memory added to them but some can.
It happened to me again a little while ago. I was working as a Super Neighbor in full screen mode. I watched the Memory totals the whole time, that display underneath the neighbor bar. My Web GL 2.0 memory goes up to 512 MB. It never came close to that amount. None of the memory counters went too high. But when I clicked the Farm Town button to exit full screen mode - complete freeze-up. No escape possible. I had to hit the laptop power button and reboot. Again. This is going to be a huge problem for me. I've been playing Farm Town since 2009. I have never, ever had to reboot my computer when I click to exit full screen mode. This HAS to be related to HTML 5/Web GL. I need full screen mode to play... and I must be able to stop playing without crashing my computer.
Old Feb 04 2021, 05:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caren Katsmom View Post
It happened to me again a little while ago. I was working as a Super Neighbor in full screen mode. I watched the Memory totals the whole time, that display underneath the neighbor bar. My Web GL 2.0 memory goes up to 512 MB. It never came close to that amount. None of the memory counters went too high. But when I clicked the Farm Town button to exit full screen mode - complete freeze-up. No escape possible. I had to hit the laptop power button and reboot. Again. This is going to be a huge problem for me. I've been playing Farm Town since 2009. I have never, ever had to reboot my computer when I click to exit full screen mode. This HAS to be related to HTML 5/Web GL. I need full screen mode to play... and I must be able to stop playing without crashing my computer.
Hi Caren,
I have copied your post to the closed thread for the developers to look at. If it is an HTML issue then it is only an issue on your laptop. We have had no other reports of this. Comparing to how it worked for you in Flash versus WebGL is not a good comparison as the 2 are totally different.
Really the only way a computer will freeze is a memory problem and not just the amount of memory the game is using. Did you try having only the game open, making sure no other programs are running? Try running the game in Compressed Graphics (in the Preferences) and see if it still does with that.

Check the items in the first post about memory.
Old Feb 04 2021, 06:37 PM

My ID is 1223288649 This is the third time I have gotten this error message since the game has started being updated. I am in Chrome. Each time when I have posted this issue, I got the message to clear my cache and they will also refer my issue to someone. Clearing my cache has not changed anything. Then after a few hours I am able to get back and what I have that works is working again. However, I reported this early morning and it is still not working. I have a black screen and nothing is turning. I did the test and it said my system is support WebGL. I do not know why is shows disabled because when I follow the directions, it shows WebGL: Hardware accelerated WebGL2: Hardware accelerated Thank you for your help! I have tried in FoxFire, but there are lots of things that don't work on the
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl