Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old May 21 2020, 10:03 AM

sometimes when I get a hiring request before I can get it it goes on and another farmers message like not now I am trying to hire comes u can this be sorted plz
Old May 21 2020, 10:54 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg View Post
sometimes when I get a hiring request before I can get it it goes on and another farmers message like not now I am trying to hire comes u can this be sorted plz
Hi Iceberg,
We have not been able to duplicate this as it is so intermitent, so no way to fix it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 22 2020, 03:25 PM

Hah, I'm still sore over automatically reloading the game at the end of a job and seeing a 24 million coin bonus disappear....
Old Jun 17 2020, 02:04 PM

Something needs to be done about work done when hired at the marketplace or inn.

When I work for a Super Neighbor the work progresses smoothly and quickly.

When hired at the marketplace or inn it can take 2, 3, 4 MINUTES PER FARM (WAITING to load a farm then to do each tool which requires WAITING for each tool to become usable, then WAITING for the save count to drop to zero and the popup that pending saves have been completed, etc). From the time I click to go to the next farm until I can do the same for the next farm is excruciatingly slow. The actual work clicking takes maybe 15-20 seconds but the entire process takes MANY minutes. And invariably there is at least one instance, sometimes more than one, with a "Shockwave Flash isn't responding" popup.

It takes well over an hour to work all the farms when hired by a single farmer. I have one I work for like this on a regular basis. PLEASE fix this. It is the slashkey servers that are SLOOOOOOOOOW and make doing this work a major chore!!!

It is the WAITING for the server to catch up to what has BEEN DONE that takes forever.
Old Jun 17 2020, 03:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini View Post
Something needs to be done about work done when hired at the marketplace or inn.

When I work for a Super Neighbor the work progresses smoothly and quickly.

When hired at the marketplace or inn it can take 2, 3, 4 MINUTES PER FARM (WAITING to load a farm then to do each tool which requires WAITING for each tool to become usable, then WAITING for the save count to drop to zero and the popup that pending saves have been completed, etc). From the time I click to go to the next farm until I can do the same for the next farm is excruciatingly slow. The actual work clicking takes maybe 15-20 seconds but the entire process takes MANY minutes. And invariably there is at least one instance, sometimes more than one, with a "Shockwave Flash isn't responding" popup.

It takes well over an hour to work all the farms when hired by a single farmer. I have one I work for like this on a regular basis. PLEASE fix this. It is the slashkey servers that are SLOOOOOOOOOW and make doing this work a major chore!!!

It is the WAITING for the server to catch up to what has BEEN DONE that takes forever.
Hi John,
It is not the servers that cause the slowdown, but is the amount of stuff that those farmers have put on their farms by layering facilities, trees, flowers and waters over and under staggered crop fields. The more they have on those farms the longer it takes to load all of those items before you can start work on the farms.
If you want them to load faster, try unchecking everything in your preferences that are not needed for the work you are going to do before you go to the market or inn. That way when you get to their farms those items will not have to be loaded.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 18 2020, 05:51 AM

Then it IS the servers! Loading all those items is a function OF the servers, no?
Old Jun 18 2020, 06:05 AM

The servers can only serve up the data as fast as the internet, your broadband, and your computer can take it. So you might as well say it IS my computer!
Old Jun 19 2020, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqrl View Post
The servers can only serve up the data as fast as the internet, your broadband, and your computer can take it. So you might as well say it IS my computer!
It takes it almost instantaneously when I work super neighbors so why so slow from the marketplace
Old Jun 19 2020, 03:43 PM

Maybe your SNs aren't layered up to the max. I've been on farms where they have two layers of stacked fish, crops layered to 9, a layer of flowers, a layer of chop trees and a layer of harvest trees. I have a side game I play while waiting for them to load....

Another possibility is that everything on your SN's farms is cached because you've been there before, whereas farms you're working from the marketplace need to load things that aren't in your cache.

Last edited by Sqrl; Jun 19 2020 at 03:49 PM.
Old Jun 26 2020, 10:48 AM
Account Not Linked

Default Hiring more than one person.

In response to the posts about hiring more than one person to harvest. I don't have a problem working with other people when harvesting, but I find that it sometimes slows down the game and the work takes ages. This is especially so if a bunch of people are hired to harvest layered fish ponds and sea coasts. I don't know if other people get this problem. Maybe it's just my slow computer to blame.