Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Oct 24 2009, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly Olay View Post
My question is if you have 5 fuel as gifts. you fill up with one. There should be 4 left right? Then you use them at a later time? All 4 of mine disappeared when i filled up.
What actually happens is that the 100 gallons in a fuel tank is automatically added to your total shown on the fuel pump in the fuel station as soon as you accept the gift of a fuel tank on your Facebook home page.
The tank is put in your gift store just so you can see what you've been given.
Next time you refuel they disappear from gift store.
Old Oct 24 2009, 07:38 AM
Green Wizard ( Level 34 )

Farmer Since: Mar 10 2009
Level:
Trophies: 13
XP:

LILLY....when you refuel, all your fuel tanks in your gifts are added to your total when you refuel....hope that helps....seems you can refuel about every 12 hrs cuz I can

Visit FIELDS FOREVER INC.

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Oct 24 2009, 09:49 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to SSG_Possum Send a message via Skype™ to SSG_Possum
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbum View Post
I bought the 3 big toys and luckily have a nice driveway for them. What I dont understand is why can I only use the new tools on my farm? Your basically encouraging those of us with the new toys to do our own farms now right?
If you aren't going to do your 'own' plowing/seeding/harvesting, then what would be the need for the 'big' tools? Those you hire to harvest/plow are 'migrant workers', if you will. Would you want a 'migrant' using your 'new' equipment? Then too, why would you want the 'extra' bucks (coins) you now get when someone else harvests/plows your farm when you do it yourself using your 'new' toys (tools)? It doesn't work that way in REAL life -- getting money/coins and/or XPs when hiring someone to 'work' your farm (in REAL life, YOU PAY for that work to be done - your only 'payment' is NOT having to do it yourself), so why should it work that way in a game? GREED being the motive, perhaps?

Granted, it would be nice that -- if 'you' own this equipment that you could use it when hired to harvest/plow someone else's farm - to speed things up. This 'option' would be a huge undertaking in 'programming' FarmTown for this to work without any (or too many) problems.

Those of us that don't know the 'problems' associated with designing and writing a computer program need to 'back off' of those doing this job. I'm sure they're doing the best they can to 'please' everyone. It just takes time and patience...something people seem to NOT have any more after becomng accustomed to the 'machines' (computers) doing it (all) for them.

Personally, I prefer to do my own farming -- it's a 'release' for me in getting away from the REAL world stress, and I enjoy doing it that way -- otherwise, what would be the sense of even 'plalying' the game? Aren't games designed/intended for YOU to 'work' towards your OWN 'new' Personal Best (high score)?

Just my opinion/thougts on this topic.
Old Oct 24 2009, 10:22 AM

How do i get the large seeder i bought to plant the seeds, I click on it, it opens the store i select the seed then----NOTHING! what am i doing wrong?
Old Oct 24 2009, 10:31 AM

Default New Tools

Thanks for the new tools yall. I bought a big spreader and love it. But that is the only one i need to buy if we can't use them on other farms. What is the purpose of buying them?? Most everyone hires to do the rest of the work...Have a good weekend
Stait
Old Oct 24 2009, 10:36 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Thanks FT makers!! I love that we get the new equipment!! I think it's kinda flaky that the tractors don't even pretend to do the work though, just to letcha know.
I LOVE the way you do the fuel. I also play FV, and you have to actually pay cash for fuel, and it's expensive, so my tractors are sitting there and I'm back to doing it manually.
This is great! I am gifting everyone fuel and getting more neighbors.
I also am doing my own harvesting, even though it pays less than hiring someone. I had so much trouble hiring people in the marketplace, because they kept harvesting my trees when they said they wouldn't!! It was too frustrating, so this is great.
I LOVE FT and appreciate all you guys do for us. It is a free game after all, hard to complain

Visit 's Farm

Old Oct 24 2009, 11:47 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild View Post
THE NEW FARM TOOLS

Where are the new tools?
The tools are all found under the Tools tab on the store page.

How do I get the new tools?
The tools are all available for purchase with farm coins.

What do the tools do?
All tools work for you on your own farm. They cannot be used by hired help.
  • Plowing Tractor - Solar Powered: Gas free plowing tool that allows to plow up to 4 fields at a time - no matter how many neighbors you have!
  • Small Harvester: Harvesting tool that allows you to harvest up to 2 crops at a time. Each field consumes 1 unit of gas.
  • Big Harvester: Harvesting tool that allows you to harvest up to 4 crops at a time. Each field consumes 1 unit of gas.
  • Small Seeder: Seeding tool that allows you to seed up to 2 fields at a time. Each field consumes 1 unit of gas.
  • Big Seeder: Seeding tool that allows you to seed up to 4 fields at a time. Each field consumes 1 unit of gas.
How do I get fuel?
Click on the map then click on fuel station or click on the fuel can under your coins and farm cash displays. You earn fuel in the following ways:
  • Your Game Level: Your level X10
  • Neighbours: Number of neighbors you have X10 also.
  • Friends helped: Number of friends that helped you that day X10
  • Active Neighbours: Number of neighbors you have that were active that day X10
  • Fuel From Friend: Gift of fuel tank

Once you accept a fuel can as a gift from your facebook/myspace page, it will appear in your gift box AND you will see credit for it under the tank (pictured below). Clicking on it from your gift box will not take it out of the gift box, but will bring you to your "gas stattion/tank" to show you how much fuel you have available for your next refueling. The gas can will remain in your gift box until the next time you refuel. When you refuel the credit will transfer from your "gas station/tank" up to the fuel counter under your farmtown cash and the fuel can will disappear from your gift box.

When you click on the fuel station on the map, the fuel icon in the top left corner of your screen, or a fuel can in your gift box, you will be shown how much fuel you have earned and available for the day. You have to click on the refuel button to fuel your machinery. You can only refuel when it tells you that you can and any fuel already showing in the upper left corner of your screen will be lost. The total from your fueling station/tank will replace (not add to) the amount of fuel you have to use.

Various comments
  • Once you purchase the Tractor, your plowing tool gains the X4 option, without the need for neighbors.
  • Once you purchase the Harvesters, your harvesting tool gains the X2 and/or X4 options (depending which one you bought). If you have only the Big Harvester, you cannot use the X2 harvest option.
  • Once you purchase the Seeders, you need to click on them to open a special store to select the seeds. Using the regular store will trigger the X1 regular seeding tool.
  • All tools rotate.
  • Charges for plowing using the equipment are the same as if you were plowing yourself without the equipment. You do not save the money per plot that you save when you hire someone else.
  • The amount you get for each crop when using the equipment is the same as if you harvested it yourself without the equipment. You do not get the extra money per crop that you get when you hire someone to harvest for you.
  • If you have your fields plowed up against each other with no space between them, you must have your preferences set so that there is a check mark next to "Remove Spaces Between Fields" before selecting the seeder or harvester.
  • If you have your fields plowed with space between them, you must have your preferences set so that there is NO check mark next to "Remove Spaces Between Fields" before selecting the seeder or harvester.

Prices and other info
  • Plowing Tractor - Solar Powered: Cost 60,000 coins Give 601 XP Sell for 1800 coins
  • Small Harvester: Cost 15,000 coins Give 153 XP Sell for 450 coins
  • Big Harvester: Cost 30,000 coins Give 302 XP Sell for 900 coins
  • Small Seeder: Cost 20,000 coins Give 203 XP Sell for 600 coins
  • Big Seeder: Cost 40,000 coins Give 402 XP Sell for 1200 coins

There are questions regarding the exact meaning of "Friends Helped", we will be contacting the developers to get the final answer and will post that answer here in this thread.

We will also be reporting the fact that some of you are receiving a message that you do not have fuel even after you have gone to the fuel station and fueled up.

Some of you have reported that you are not able to use the fuel you have been given as gifts. We will be reporting that along with the items above.

**Please note that losing fuel you already had showing when you refuel, is NOT a glitch. Refueling REPLACES the amount of fuel you have for use in the upper left corner with the amount showing available in your fuel station. It does NOT add the two together.
thanks was wondering how many gallons and how you figured them.... Now when you gonna opened the locked FRUIT TREES???? COME ON LEVEL 34 I SHOULD BE ABLE TO BUY THEM BY NOW!! PLZZZZZZZZZ..
Old Oct 24 2009, 12:22 PM

Personally I come from a farm background, whenever I worked for someone on their farm, they had me use their equipment. Wouldn't it make sense for the game to be like real farming in that respect? Otherwise whats the point other than to copy farmville? Ohhh look we got tractors and combines!!
Old Oct 24 2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdavid View Post
Personally I come from a farm background, whenever I worked for someone on their farm, they had me use their equipment. Wouldn't it make sense for the game to be like real farming in that respect? Otherwise whats the point other than to copy farmville? Ohhh look we got tractors and combines!!
Dont forget we are the testers for this game. Applying the new 'tools' and fuel is quite a big change to the game with every other update it has caused problems or 'bugs', no doubt this will. So applying the ability for other people to use our tools could cause even more problems..
Plus there would be the issue with users saying ' I can only hire one person to harvest on my farm because i can only afford one harvester' and so on...!

i have faith that this will be a addition to farm town they might even move round our farms if were lucky!!!
Old Oct 24 2009, 01:35 PM
Green Prodigy ( Level 29 )

Farmer Since: Jun 06 2009
Level:
Trophies: 10
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccalby View Post
same here, not to sound ungrateful but i would want more crops and levels and land before machines
Same here as well I would really want more crops and Farm Sizes.

Visit Josue's Farm

Closed Thread