Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Feb 15 2012, 06:58 AM

What happened to the idea of the animals getting out and eating our crops, and foxes breaking in? And having to feed the animals? New gameplay not just more of the same.

Oh, while I am posting, where can I find the plantain trees? I can't see them in either gifts or store.
Old Feb 15 2012, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones View Post

Oh, while I am posting, where can I find the plantain trees? I can't see them in either gifts or store.
They have been released now - at sort your tree store into alphabetic order easier that way to find things. Exactly like banana trees except grow green fruit not yellow.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Feb 15 2012, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoxman View Post
Wow...this is one incredibly WEAK release. (1) another farm expansion for 5 billion coins. The expansion is basically worthless...the length of time for it to break even is way way past the useful point. I won't bother. (2) You introduce quests and then do something to make it easer to do...please...make a CHALLENGE not something dumbed down so much it's meaningless. (3) Changing the ingredients required for a product is unappreciated. I now have to rip up an existing fully functional farm and replant a different tree and reset the farm.....FOR WHAT? This was just stupid...plain and simple.

The only reasonable thing in the release was the increase in capacity at the mines. But then again, this should have come hand in hand with an increase in metal production ability.

This release gets my "Shouldn't have bothered" rating.
Oh dear - WHY do you have to tear up a farm to plant new Plantain trees? I think it makes sense to make plaintain chips from Plantains - you still need bananas for other things.

IMHO the lifeline does not make the quests less of a challenge it just makes them possible for the occasion when folks do not have that particular facility and there is no guarantee which lifeline you get.

Old Feb 15 2012, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdoe View Post
With so many belts now many are losing getting the ones they want.

1. Limit of 5 is to low...

2. What should happen and would be a better system is that you first fill all your facilities up first then when you close down the facilities manager there should be another Icon that shows you a list of what belts you reached in the last refill. From that list you should be able to tick off the 5 you want to post .
when posted then others should just disappear till the next belt is earned.

I hate that I have to choose 5 belts and not knowing what is coming due.

I for one only want to post belts that I need product of.. cheese, Rubber Yellowtail etc. not fuel that I have tons of or corn flour, ink etc that I cannot even give all.
Brilliant idea - I wish we could have more than 5 posts for bonuses

Old Feb 15 2012, 07:19 AM

Thanks Maggie, I should have thought of sorting
Old Feb 15 2012, 08:13 AM

I am disappointed that the social lifeline does not help us with honey, beeswax, shrimp, cod, etc. The honey farm and fish farming plant should be workable, or at least be able to have bonuses you collect from others posting count towards quests. What is the point in the trade thing if you can't trade anything from facilities and it cannot be used for the first step in a quest?
Old Feb 15 2012, 08:18 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
Oh dear - WHY do you have to tear up a farm to plant new Plantain trees? I think it makes sense to make plaintain chips from Plantains - you still need bananas for other things.

IMHO the lifeline does not make the quests less of a challenge it just makes them possible for the occasion when folks do not have that particular facility and there is no guarantee which lifeline you get.
cause we have a Latin/American Restaurant coming i imagine that we will be using the Saffron, chickpeas, black beans and plantains in a lot of dishes......Plantain (plátano in Spanish) is a favorite fruit of my family.....

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Feb 15 2012, 08:20 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by meacara View Post
I am disappointed that the social lifeline does not help us with honey, beeswax, shrimp, cod, etc. The honey farm and fish farming plant should be workable, or at least be able to have bonuses you collect from others posting count towards quests. What is the point in the trade thing if you can't trade anything from facilities and it cannot be used for the first step in a quest?
actually i did manage to get honey for a product ,don't know about the rest your asking.........

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Feb 15 2012, 08:27 AM

Can someone please fill me in where else bananas are used before I sell them all? I think the change from bananas to plantains for snacks is very unfair to those that might not have the other facilities that use bananas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post
you will still need banana trees for other items the change only affects the chips.

just fitting the new one in will be the job for many
Old Feb 15 2012, 08:46 AM

Level:
XP:

Thanks for new goodies. I will see today what you were talking about. I miss so much when I come into town and just work my fields!!! LOL. Thanks Raul and thank the others too. I am now going to check out what I missed! Embarrassed
Closed Thread