Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Oct 02 2023, 05:13 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piscesfem View Post
Aww ok, thanx for quick response
You're welcome piscesfem

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Oct 02 2023, 12:05 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Wall requests, ships ECT

USER ID number is: 100000445382457 Build No: 554

Wall requests, ships, trains, ECT are being delayed and not presented to me in a timely fashion or not showing up at all.
Example:
I think this happened on Friday the 29th or Saturday, Sept. 30, 2023. I worked all my open wall requests and went back less than an hour later and had new wall requests that were (4 hours old).
There's been (several) timing issues happening since the weekend everything was locked up.
Thank you in advance,
Old Oct 02 2023, 01:24 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern_Wolf View Post

Wall requests, ships, trains, ECT are being delayed and not presented to me in a timely fashion or not showing up at all.
Example:
I think this happened on Friday the 29th or Saturday, Sept. 30, 2023. I worked all my open wall requests and went back less than an hour later and had new wall requests that were (4 hours old).
There's been (several) timing issues happening since the weekend everything was locked up.
Thank you in advance,
Hi Southern_Wolf,

What is it that you have already tried to resolve this yourself?

What do you mean by everything was locked up at the weekend?

It's sounding like you have a slowdown somewhere which could be in any of the numerous connections, owned by many different companies, that you have to go through before you get to the game servers. If the data is not able to move as fast as normal then that might be what is causing you problems.

Check that the date and time is still showing correct on your computer.

While you are logged into the website try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and see if that helps at all.

If you tend not to log out of the website daily, please try that then log back in.

If you have not remembered to do these recently, please also do them as not keeping on top of doing them can also cause issues:

Check for and do any computer updates.
Check for and do any browser updates and clear your browser if you have not done it recently. Make sure you know your log in details as some clearing can cause you to be logged out of sites.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Oct 03 2023, 09:49 PM
Account Not Linked

I don't have any issues on my end. I typically log in and out when I'm going to be away from my computer for even 30 minutes, unless someone is working my farms.
The weekend you guys had to contact the Dev's after something was done that didn't work out. It's been a couple of weeks back. And I keep seeing inconsistencies in the game.
Example: Now I'm only getting facility wall requests from 5 hours back and keep getting the same people posting (leveled up) in other wall requests from people I've removed from my neighbors/buddy list.
I clear my cache on a timely bases as a part of my computer maintenance routine and my computer clock is 100% in tune with all our clocks in our home and our cell phones.
This isn't an issue on my end and it all began when FT wasn't functioning properly.
Old Oct 03 2023, 11:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I don't have any issues on my end. I typically log in and out when I'm going to be away from my computer for even 30 minutes, unless someone is working my farms.
The weekend you guys had to contact the Dev's after something was done that didn't work out. It's been a couple of weeks back. And I keep seeing inconsistencies in the game.
Example: Now I'm only getting facility wall requests from 5 hours back and keep getting the same people posting (leveled up) in other wall requests from people I've removed from my neighbors/buddy list.
I clear my cache on a timely bases as a part of my computer maintenance routine and my computer clock is 100% in tune with all our clocks in our home and our cell phones.
This isn't an issue on my end and it all began when FT wasn't functioning properly.
Hi Southern_Wolf,
The only thing that was not functioning that weekend was the chat server that was down, preventing all of us from playing on line.
You may only get wall posts for facilities and service for 5 hours because only those people are posting them. If anyone posts again the previous posts are removed so you will only see their latest posts in your Wall Requests. That list is not based on time, but only on a maximum number of posts. How many posts are you seeing for those 5 hours back?
If those that are posting the leveling up were Facebook friends of yours before we left Facebook, then they will still show up even if you have removed them. The Facebook friends list can no longer be updated. The developers have not currently come up with a way to remove those even if you removed them as Facebook friends. Or if they were not Facebook friends, but you have removed them from being your neighbor or buddy, but did not remove yourself as theirs then you will still see their posts.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 05 2023, 08:11 PM
Account Not Linked

Ok, I realize I'm a junior member! Been farming since the first year FT came online on FB. I've taken a couple of breaks from FB and thus, not by choice but also FT. But I've seen a lot of issues since (chat) went down. I keep getting notices that my ships container is complete, click to prepare the next container and the container that is supposed to be ready might be half finished. I'm only getting facility posts that are about 5 or 6 hours old, and my "other requests" are covered with someone leveling up. People posting they leveled up should be limited to no more than 2 posts per day (IMHO) because we can only work and/or water their farms once a day. 2 posts of leveling up is more than sufficient, again IMHO.
Other related timing issues are - I've worked my facility requests, been away from my computer for an hour to 1.5 hr's just to see facility requests 2.5 - 3 hours old and older. Now this isn't on my end. I remain consistent, there is a timing issue or something else going on but it isn't on my end.

And now when I take a picture of my farms for posterity purposes, I see we're back to posting on FB. Wow, after all the hoopla about leaving FB and now we are posting on FB again? LOL

Old Oct 05 2023, 08:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Ok, I realize I'm a junior member! Been farming since the first year FT came online on FB. I've taken a couple of breaks from FB and thus, not by choice but also FT. But I've seen a lot of issues since (chat) went down. I keep getting notices that my ships container is complete, click to prepare the next container and the container that is supposed to be ready might be half finished. I'm only getting facility posts that are about 5 or 6 hours old, and my "other requests" are covered with someone leveling up. People posting they leveled up should be limited to no more than 2 posts per day (IMHO) because we can only work and/or water their farms once a day. 2 posts of leveling up is more than sufficient, again IMHO.
Other related timing issues are - I've worked my facility requests, been away from my computer for an hour to 1.5 hr's just to see facility requests 2.5 - 3 hours old and older. Now this isn't on my end. I remain consistent, there is a timing issue or something else going on but it isn't on my end.

And now when I take a picture of my farms for posterity purposes, I see we're back to posting on FB. Wow, after all the hoopla about leaving FB and now we are posting on FB again? LOL

Hi Southern Wolf,
As I already said the only thing that went down was the chat server which allows us to see each other as in the market places or inn, and to chat with each other. So you could still play, just could not be online or hire, or chat.
If you will check that notice when you get it then it was probably for the previous container that finished and you started the next one before getting the notice. Those notices are not shown for a couple minutes after the container is completed.
For the facility posts, make sure your computer's date and time are correct, That can cause the times to be off in a lot of places. Please note once you have loaded that list for facility posts it does not update with new posts unless you refresh the page. The posts you have worked do not turn pink either until you refresh the page.
If you want to make a suggestion to change what or how many of the different types of posts can be sent to the Other Wall Requests, then please post it in the Suggestions section where we organize them for the Developers to see.
As far as posting to Facebook it is optional if you wish to do so, but you do not have to do so.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 15 2023, 01:29 PM

Default Facility Wall Requests

Good all

The Facility Wall Requests page only shows 4 neighbour posts, that is x1 facility and x1 service. Making a total of x8 posts. Does someone know what is wrong? I have checked on Firefox, Opera and Chrome browsers. Thank you. Nana Bev

Last edited by Gypsey1308; Oct 15 2023 at 01:44 PM.
Old Oct 15 2023, 05:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsey1308 View Post
Good all

The Facility Wall Requests page only shows 4 neighbour posts, that is x1 facility and x1 service. Making a total of x8 posts. Does someone know what is wrong? I have checked on Firefox, Opera and Chrome browsers. Thank you. Nana Bev
Hi Gypsey,
The wall request will only show the last set of posts for each person, so if those 4 people posted more than once you will only see their latest post. The only thing I can tell you to try is to clear your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.

For clearing from Slashkey:
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached
Old Oct 16 2023, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Gypsey,
The wall request will only show the last set of posts for each person, so if those 4 people posted more than once you will only see their latest post. The only thing I can tell you to try is to clear your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.

For clearing from Slashkey:
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached
It seems to be okay today. Thank you for your time Taz

Tags
can't post, can't work facs, can't work services, facility wall requests, news feed, other wall requests, posts not showing, wall requests