Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old May 13 2010, 04:12 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Here's another perspective on the Farm Cash (i.e.,"dollars"). Personally, I don't care how much money the developers make on Farm Town - this is American capitalism at work...isn't it wonderful?

But here's my beef - I work darn hard for my money & I'm not about to waste it on purchasing "virtual" dollars for this game or any other game. However, that shouldn't mean that us "players" should be denied the opportunity to acquire any/all available Farm Town items based on the fact that some items are available using (free) "coins" (which we earn by playing the game), while other items are only available by spending actual cash (in the form of "virtual" dollars).

In my humble opinion, every item in the store should be available for sale to anyone/everyone no matter what form of payment they choose to use. The beauty of democracy is the "freedom of choice" & the current set up with Farm Town "virtual" dollars prevents me from choosing certain items in the store. The other method of acquiring "virtual" dollars is pure rubbish - sitting through those annoying "ads" responding to tos of questions/selections only to end up with a small amount "virtual" dollars & an obligatory "must choose something from this "method" or you've wasted a ton of time (which, by the way has a "price tag" associated with it - my time is also valuable).

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old May 13 2010, 04:19 PM

Zeeky, you make a lot of sense.
Old May 13 2010, 04:24 PM
Account Not Linked

where do I get olives from to make the oil?
Old May 13 2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berferd View Post
Not at all... there is no such thing as "too much money"... i just believe they should give thought to not charging "Real Money" for virtual goods...

Buying the virtual goods is a choice made by the players. It is still up to the devs, the game owners, whether or not they offer it.

There are plenty of things to buy for those who don't want to pay real money, way more than some other FB games.
Old May 13 2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeky Banutski View Post
Here's another perspective on the Farm Cash (i.e.,"dollars"). Personally, I don't care how much money the developers make on Farm Town - this is American capitalism at work...isn't it wonderful?

But here's my beef - I work darn hard for my money & I'm not about to waste it on purchasing "virtual" dollars for this game or any other game. However, that shouldn't mean that us "players" should be denied the opportunity to acquire any/all available Farm Town items based on the fact that some items are available using (free) "coins" (which we earn by playing the game), while other items are only available by spending actual cash (in the form of "virtual" dollars).

In my humble opinion, every item in the store should be available for sale to anyone/everyone no matter what form of payment they choose to use. The beauty of democracy is the "freedom of choice" & the current set up with Farm Town "virtual" dollars prevents me from choosing certain items in the store. The other method of acquiring "virtual" dollars is pure rubbish - sitting through those annoying "ads" responding to tos of questions/selections only to end up with a small amount "virtual" dollars & an obligatory "must choose something from this "method" or you've wasted a ton of time (which, by the way has a "price tag" associated with it - my time is also valuable).
its just like real life some items you can get free others you must pay for i would never expect a store to give me a item worth money for free...

as for the offers being a waste of time thats a to each his/her own moment there. i personally dont find it a waste i have earned 116 cash just doing those i think of it as earning those cash. i would have had to earn the money to buy the cash so why not take some time to earn it free
Old May 13 2010, 06:21 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

What good are the experience points, after leve 80?

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old May 13 2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbill View Post
where do I get olives from to make the oil?
You can get olivetree as gift from your friends.
Old May 13 2010, 07:38 PM

Thanks for the awesome free game guys! Thanks for the hours of involvement and pleasure ;-)
Old May 13 2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Meyer View Post
What good are the experience points, after leve 80?
I think there will probably be more levels (to 100?) and a fourth farm, so I keep plowing along.
Old May 13 2010, 11:34 PM

It's quite simple. Making this game is the developers' work. Instead of entertaining you, they could be doing something else. A lot of it is free. But you are not entitled to have everything. The developers charge money because they need to eat, feed their kids, etc. too. If you don't see the value in purchasing virtual goods, fine. But don't complain about the premium items you have to buy, as if the devs owe you anything. You can take up the offers to help them get paid, or you can just enjoy the very many free elements of the game.

You don't work for free, and neither should the devs.

End of story.
Closed Thread