Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Dec 06 2011, 10:28 AM

hiring practices at the marketplace: It seems there should be an easier way to hire someone for a job. Perhaps the marketplace could be divided into sections and workers could stand in the section they want to be hired for. Likewise; there should be a section where farmers can stand if they don't want to be hired but are in the marketplace to hire.
I rarely have time to spend in the marketplace looking for that special farmer that will do the particular task I need done... and therefore, end up doing most of the work on my own farm..
is this problem being addressed? or am I missing something.

warmest regards
Ms Beatrix Potter
Old Dec 06 2011, 01:27 PM
Account Not Linked

I even put "NO HIRE" with my name and they continue to bug me to work for them. That annoys me. When I go to the market, I am there to hire, not work. They should should have an option where we can block hire requests. Just my two cents.
Old Dec 06 2011, 03:07 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by thonotosassa49 View Post
I even put "NO HIRE" with my name and they continue to bug me to work for them. That annoys me. When I go to the market, I am there to hire, not work. They should should have an option where we can block hire requests. Just my two cents.
Maybe they think it means you're not there to hire. Try putting "DO NOT HIRE".
Old Dec 07 2011, 10:49 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPotter View Post
hiring practices at the marketplace: It seems there should be an easier way to hire someone for a job. Perhaps the marketplace could be divided into sections and workers could stand in the section they want to be hired for. Likewise; there should be a section where farmers can stand if they don't want to be hired but are in the marketplace to hire.
I rarely have time to spend in the marketplace looking for that special farmer that will do the particular task I need done... and therefore, end up doing most of the work on my own farm..

warmest regards
Ms Beatrix Potter
No, you didn't miss anything, Beatrix, and the issue probably is not being dealt with. A better option would be for each farm, regardless of level, to have a drop-down permanent menu of all hires for that farm(s) owned by a specific player. Beside each name should be what the person was hired to do and the date with a small Comments for the farmer doing the hiring to add a short comment after job completed: "Hire again", "Didn't complete job", "Don't hire again", "Own tools", "Uses clickers" --- something of that nature. Then when we work again that we want to contract out, we can go to our menu, send a msg to the previously hired worker and wait for them to respond. Ideally, this msg would be sent an hour or so BEFORE the crop is due in to give the worker time to be online, check their FB page or email, and respond.

All of us don't live online all day and sometimes don't get our msgs or see them. It doesn't help when a farmer posts a job on their own FB wall and not on the wall of whom he/she wishes to hire because all of us don't run down the list of whom we worked for, or our regular clients, or our relatives and best friends to see if they posted a job on their page and not our's. This is an issue. I have to do this with my regulars even they know my FB wall and my gmail.

Farmers hiring also need to give their regular workers some time to respond. Many post a job, wait 10 minutes, do the job themselves, then leave the posting. By the time we see it, the job has been done and we get tacky msgs from the Hiring Farmer because they expected us to be living in their Farm or FB page, waiting on them to post a hire request.

Have a great day and Happy Holidays!

Also, you add me as a Neighbor. I could use a few more also. You may also add me as a regular worker: I do not use clickers, nor have I reached the level where I can purchase all the upgraded larger plow/harvest/fish equipment but I bust my rear by hand and could use the extra xp and crops.

I also have regular client farmers I work for, including in their factories. This helps them and myself. You may add me as a regular for you anytime you need. Just give me time to respond. I don't know where you live but if it is outside the USA, there is also a time frame matter to consider when posting requests. We all have to sleep sometime.
Old Dec 08 2011, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPotter View Post

warmest regards
Ms Beatrix Potter
I try to use my buddy list as much as possible and i started that list from the ppl that I found thru time in the marketplace. It solves alot of problems that way and i've made many friends as well as neighbors from the list
Old Dec 08 2011, 03:29 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

As I do not abide layering or stacking if i get an offer to harvest without plowing i decline the offer plus ignore the person as im quite sure they have a layered or stacked farm. I may be wrong on occasion but i really dont want to ever have to deal with them again just in case

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 13 2011, 08:06 PM

Default new "hiring" feature

i like the new factory hire feature (where only farms with factories are highlighted) but there is something me (and think others) dont like - that is about the "factories" that are not workable for neighbors (like animal barns and oil pumps) - for the sake of the new hire feature those should not be highlighted as a workable factory (or should be allowed as a workable factory) - since many people have 1 on most farms (to kinda keep up with the needs of the other factories) but not have a "regular" workable factory on every farm - some people do not fill every factory every time they fill and post hire - it is harder to know for sure if a farm has a workable factory or an animal barn/oil pump on those highlighted farms
Old Dec 13 2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam1to View Post
i like the new factory hire feature (where only farms with factories are highlighted) but there is something me (and think others) dont like - that is about the "factories" that are not workable for neighbors (like animal barns and oil pumps) - for the sake of the new hire feature those should not be highlighted as a workable factory (or should be allowed as a workable factory) - since many people have 1 on most farms (to kinda keep up with the needs of the other factories) but not have a "regular" workable factory on every farm - some people do not fill every factory every time they fill and post hire - it is harder to know for sure if a farm has a workable factory or an animal barn/oil pump on those highlighted farms
Hi when did you experience this that farms with only a animal barn or non workable facility?

the reason i ask is this is supposed to have been fixed and i have worked a lot of my neighbours facilities today and only the farms with workable facilities were hilighted.

Click HERE For instructions on clearing your browser's cache
Click HERE To clear your macromedia cache files
Click HERE For instructions on linking your farm to the forum
Old Dec 16 2011, 11:52 PM

I to use my buddy list when ever possible. I also only hire one worker so I don't have to deal with the racing and drama on my farms.
I have to say that I am one of those "solo" workers. I have the tools and I still get run over by others with tools. It just doesn't make it much fun when that happens. So what I do when that happens is say thank you and leave. I tell people I work solo so they have the option of hiring me knowing this ahead of time and alot still hire me with others. I don't mind it at all if the others share but not to many do..
Old Dec 26 2011, 03:53 PM
Account Not Linked

The hiring system is just broken from my point of view. I gave up on hiring some time back but today I tried again. I hired 4 people, all solo, for different jobs on different farms. Only one completed the task. Until there is some kind of incentive, like a rating sytem, for people to do the job they accepted, and do it properly, it's more trouble than it's worth, I'll just do it myself.