Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jan 14 2022, 07:42 AM
Account Not Linked

ok thank you for that will take note of them tomorrow and i only start to prepare them first thing in the morning and then wait till its all done and send it straight away i don't prepare the day before i never have done that i sit with the ship page open and watch them load lol makes it easier for me thank you though for replying and working it all out for me
Old Jan 14 2022, 12:26 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle jo View Post
ok thank you for that will take note of them tomorrow and i only start to prepare them first thing in the morning and then wait till its all done and send it straight away i don't prepare the day before i never have done that i sit with the ship page open and watch them load lol makes it easier for me thank you though for replying and working it all out for me
Hi michelle jo,

When you look at the dispatch list tomorrow, look for the ship you dispatched last Saturday, you want to make a note of the time it was dispatched as the second that time is over 7 days is when it will drop off the list.

To give you an example:
Lets say these ship dates and times were showing on the dispatch list tomorrow. You will have to check the dates and times yourself on your own dispatch list to get the correct dates and times for your own ships:
2022-01-14 9:17
2022-01-13 10:10
2022-01-12 08:15
2022-01-11 09:30
2022-01-09 10:27
2022-01-08 09:00

NO ship was sent on the 10th which is why it isn't showing up in that list.
There are 6 ships on that list.
The oldest ship on that list was dispatched last Saturday 2022-01-08 09:00
If on the 15th a ship was being prepared and all the containers had been prepared on it by 09:00, all the containers would have had the shorter prep time.

BUT if the ship doesn't have all the containers prepared by 08:59:59 one was still in progress of being prepared OR more containers were needed to be prepared, then at exactly 09:00 the remaining containers to be loaded will change to a longer preparation time than the ones already loaded before 09:00

That would happen because the ship dispatched on the 8th was then over 7 days old so no longer counts towards container preparation times.
There would then only be 5 ships on the dispatch list so the container preparation time changes to a slower prep time.

By dispatching a ship every day that gives you some breathing space to still use the shorter prep times because even if one of the 7 ships drops off the list you still have 6 ships left on the list, which is enough to give you the shortest preparation times.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jan 15 2022, 12:08 PM

I am running into an issue with my cargo ships regarding ports. When I want to replace a unreliable port, I am finding the choices I have are mostly neighbors or previous ports I already rejected because they are unreliable. How can I "refresh" that replacement list or even invite those who are reliable but not for some reason on my replacement list? Maybe delete known unreliable from that list? On my main acct its not so bad as I have the cranes to load, but on the other I manage she only has one crane so has to skip ports all the time and lose product.
Old Jan 15 2022, 12:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIAP27 View Post
I am running into an issue with my cargo ships regarding ports. When I want to replace a unreliable port, I am finding the choices I have are mostly neighbors or previous ports I already rejected because they are unreliable. How can I "refresh" that replacement list or even invite those who are reliable but not for some reason on my replacement list? Maybe delete known unreliable from that list? On my main acct its not so bad as I have the cranes to load, but on the other I manage she only has one crane so has to skip ports all the time and lose product.
Hi Riap,
I moved your post to the Help & Support thread about Cargo Ships.
That list is from Facebook and contains all your neighbors who have their ports active. There isn't any way to remove any one from the list unless they turn off their port or you remove them as a neighbor. Only neighbors can help with the cargo ships.
Only way you can refresh the list would be to run memcache that we know of and even that may not change anything.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 15 2022, 01:58 PM

Thanks for getting back to me.
I will try running memcache and hope new neighbors show up. It just seems like there are folks loading my cargo ships that are not on my "neighbor" list available. Will give it a try and see if they show up. I really need to remove about 8=10 people who just don't load the ships either at all or in a timely manner (less than 2 days!)
Old Jan 18 2022, 01:55 PM

Default Ships Loading Zero Products

Is something wrong with the ships today? It was working and loading fine last night but today it is showing that "0" products are loading in every port.
Old Jan 18 2022, 02:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyonebjc View Post
Is something wrong with the ships today? It was working and loading fine last night but today it is showing that "0" products are loading in every port.
Hi smileyonebjc,
I moved your post to the subject thread about cargo ships.
Please provide youor farms ID, so we can check this for you. You can find your ID number in the banner at the top of your farms.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 28 2022, 08:48 AM

Default please improve who we can select

i have good neighbors that do not show up in ship log to choose from. I removed some neighbors who don't send ships, ran memecache. loaded farm. and still can not get my good neighbors to show on the list to choose from. can anything be done to improve this? ships are becoming more of a pain.
Old Jan 28 2022, 09:37 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammyjo408 View Post
i have good neighbors that do not show up in ship log to choose from. I removed some neighbors who don't send ships, ran memecache. loaded farm. and still can not get my good neighbors to show on the list to choose from. can anything be done to improve this? ships are becoming more of a pain.
Hi Tammyjo,
I moved your post from Suggestions to the Help & Support thread about the ships to answer you.
All of your neighbors who have the port enabled in their preferences will be in that list or already in your logbook list for the ships. If those neighbors are not showing in your list then ask them if they have their port enabled or disabled.
Old Jan 28 2022, 10:38 AM

they do. plus, I removed a few neighbors (have ships enabled but never send my ships). so I got rid of them. but still can't get my good neighbors onto the list to select them. will give it a couple of days to see if they will show up. thanks.

Tags
cargo ships, container, cranes, dispatch ship, logbook, pink port, port deleted, red skip port, replace port, reuse itinerary, ship rewards, ship's logbook, ships, skip port