Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1191  
Old Jun 21 2015, 05:36 PM
Penny Laird Penny Laird is offline
Account Not Linked
 
Join Date: Sep 02 2011
Posts: 1
Default unable to accept gifts

I was sick for almost a week and did not play Farm Town, so probably have 200 gifts in my requests. I cannot retrieve them and I have cleared and reinstalled macromedia files and reisnstalled flash etc as described in chapter 24 but I cannot accept them individually or in exchange all mode I have no idea how many gifts I have in there now but cannot retrieve them
Reply With Quote
  #1192  
Old Jun 21 2015, 05:54 PM
marymarcel's Avatar
marymarcel marymarcel is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 30 2009
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 13,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Laird View Post
I was sick for almost a week and did not play Farm Town, so probably have 200 gifts in my requests. I cannot retrieve them and I have cleared and reinstalled macromedia files and reisnstalled flash etc as described in chapter 24 but I cannot accept them individually or in exchange all mode I have no idea how many gifts I have in there now but cannot retrieve them
Hi Penny

I moved your post to the thread for your problem.

Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear your browser cache and close your browser. Reopen and try to accept your gifts again.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Reply With Quote
  #1193  
Old Jun 23 2015, 12:11 AM
kevmac kevmac is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 22 2015
Posts: 7
Default Acceptance of gifts

For a couple of weeks now have been unable to accept any gifts, that have been available under My Requests at top of Farmtown Game page. I can ignore and that happens, but when i go to accept any gifts (whether I exchange them or not) the game just hangs at Accepting Gifts. Gave it so much time, in hope that with the next lot of upgrades(just done) that it might improve. Could it be something I have done or is it a glitch? THANK YOU

kevmac
Reply With Quote
  #1194  
Old Jun 23 2015, 06:08 AM
Tiger's Avatar
Tiger Tiger is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 12 2010
Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!
Posts: 10,102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmac View Post
For a couple of weeks now have been unable to accept any gifts, that have been available under My Requests at top of Farmtown Game page. I can ignore and that happens, but when i go to accept any gifts (whether I exchange them or not) the game just hangs at Accepting Gifts. Gave it so much time, in hope that with the next lot of upgrades(just done) that it might improve. Could it be something I have done or is it a glitch? THANK YOU

kevmac
Hi kevmac,
I moved your post to the correct thread for your issue.

Try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Clear your browser caches, close browser, then reload and see if you can accept those gifts.

If you still can't, check to make sure you have allowed 3rd party cookies and pop ups in your browser settings. Those are needed for the in game pop up screens to show.

If you do not want to open up your browser to all 3rd party cookies or all pop ups you can add the following web sites to the exceptions for those settings:
Slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
Facebook.com
Apps.facebook.com
Trialpay.com

Also , if you have an ad-blocker plugin in your browser make sure the above web sites are also allowed in that too.
Reply With Quote
  #1195  
Old Jun 24 2015, 04:20 AM
1/9/4/0 1/9/4/0 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 27 2011
Posts: 7
Default Receiving gifts

I have not been able to accept or exchange gifts or receive them. All train boosts say they are expired. Some of the train boosts I know had just been posted. Please help me if you can. This is very frustrating.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...sed::confused:
Reply With Quote
  #1196  
Old Jun 24 2015, 06:30 AM
marymarcel's Avatar
marymarcel marymarcel is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 30 2009
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 13,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/9/4/0 View Post
I have not been able to accept or exchange gifts or receive them. All train boosts say they are expired. Some of the train boosts I know had just been posted. Please help me if you can. This is very frustrating.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...sed::confused:
Hi 1/9/4/0

I moved your post to the thread for your problem.

Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear your browser cache and close your browser. Reopen and try your gifts again.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

If that doesnt work for you then check to make sure you have allowed 3rd party cookies and pop ups in your browser settings. Those are needed for the in game pop up screens to show.

If you do not want to open up your browser to all 3rd party cookies or all pop ups you can add the following web sites to the exceptions for those settings:
Slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
Facebook.com
Apps.facebook.com
Trialpay.com

Also , if you have an ad-blocker plugin in your browser make sure the above web sites are also allowed in that too.
Reply With Quote
  #1197  
Old Jun 29 2015, 12:08 PM
mlq123 mlq123 is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 15 2015
Posts: 18
Default My request / Wall request

how do you delete all your wall request most of them have been used or they have expired. I have a ton of them on there and would like to clear them off and start brand new
Reply With Quote
  #1198  
Old Jun 29 2015, 12:19 PM
Taz D's Avatar
Taz D Taz D is offline
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 29 2010
Location: Ace, Tx
Posts: 25,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlq123 View Post
how do you delete all your wall request most of them have been used or they have expired. I have a ton of them on there and would like to clear them off and start brand new
Hi mlq,
I moved your post to the thread about gifts as that is the tab for the My Requests. You cannot delete them as that list will show about 3 days worth of those requests. They are in chronological order so if you start at the top of the list that will be the newest. When you have gotten through those new ones then you will see the older ones back 3 days worth at the most. They will drop off the list when they are older than that.
__________________
Taz
Dubh Glais Estates
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Reply With Quote
  #1199  
Old Jun 30 2015, 05:42 PM
LizaLee LizaLee is offline
 
Join Date: May 21 2010
Posts: 40
Default

I appreciate the updates but wonder why since the one a few days ago I have not been able to get my gifts even though I have accepted them they no longer load into my gift box. is that a new glip in the system?
Reply With Quote
  #1200  
Old Jun 30 2015, 06:06 PM
Taz D's Avatar
Taz D Taz D is offline
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 29 2010
Location: Ace, Tx
Posts: 25,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizaLee View Post
I appreciate the updates but wonder why since the one a few days ago I have not been able to get my gifts even though I have accepted them they no longer load into my gift box. is that a new glip in the system?
Hi LizaLee,
I moved your post to the thread in Help & Support about gift problems as this is not a release issue.
Where are you collecting the gifts from? It may be that the gifts you are collecting are ones you have already collected, so they won't go into the gift box again because they already have been accepted from either My Requests or the Games link in Facebook.
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear your browser cache and close your browser. Reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
__________________
Taz
Dubh Glais Estates
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
can't accept gifts, can't exchange, can't receive gifts, can't send gifts, exchange gifts, gift, gift box, gift limit, gifting, gifts, how many gifts, missing gifts, no gifts, not able to receive gifts, receive gifts, receiving gifts, return gifts, send gifts, sending gifts, shrinking window, stuck gifts, window narrows

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 AM.