Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Mar 19 2020, 12:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABANAN View Post
I cant get any farms on the marketplace to work my farms, no one is there.
Hi Babanan,
I have moved your post to the subject thread about hiring as this is what you are wanting to do.
Please go to your preferences (wrench at the top of farm) and change your language to English US or English UK. Then click on the green check mark to save this change. Restart your farms to make sure the change has been made and then try going to the market.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 23 2020, 07:12 AM

I've been experiencing random "I'm hiring someone else" messages in the job marketplace. The most recent one appeared out of nowhere when I was just standing there, but twice they've replaced actual hire invitations--and I don't think they always came from the person who was trying to hire me. It's very odd!
Old Mar 23 2020, 07:26 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqrl View Post
I've been experiencing random "I'm hiring someone else" messages in the job marketplace. The most recent one appeared out of nowhere when I was just standing there, but twice they've replaced actual hire invitations--and I don't think they always came from the person who was trying to hire me. It's very odd!
Hi Sqrl,

It sounds like you have a slowdown in the data transferring to your game. If you've been doing a lot of jobs and not reloaded the game for a while and you haven't tried reloading to clear it, please do that so you get fresh data.

It's worth you running memcache as well, just to make sure nothing odd is happening there. Incase you need instructions for clearing memcache:
Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload the game.
Old Mar 23 2020, 07:38 AM

Thanks, Tiger. I usually only reload if I've had a large job, so, yes, that could be it. I'll be sure to do it more often .
Old Mar 23 2020, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Thanks, Tiger. I usually only reload if I've had a large job, so, yes, that could be it. I'll be sure to do it more often .
You're welcome Sqrl,

Just a thought, something else to consider:

If you've had the browser open a long time and you're still getting slow issues when you reload, close the browser for at least 15 seconds to give it time to completely clear, and then reopen it. That will then regain some memory back in the browser. I find that helps at times and it can help if I've also been spending a lot of time remodeling my farms.
Old Mar 26 2020, 02:17 PM

Looks like the lag problem has been solved by more frequent reloading, so much thanks for that! However now I am experiencing an issue with the chat window in the job market. It keeps opening and closing at random. It even closes when I am typing in it! Is this a Sqrl specific issue? memcache clearing makes no difference. Browser is Opera.
Old Mar 26 2020, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Looks like the lag problem has been solved by more frequent reloading, so much thanks for that! However now I am experiencing an issue with the chat window in the job market. It keeps opening and closing at random. It even closes when I am typing in it! Is this a Sqrl specific issue? memcache clearing makes no difference. Browser is Opera.
Hi Sqrl

Tiger is not available at this moment.

When you are at market is the plug green or it is flashing green/red? Just thinking it could be an issue disconnecting.

You could try restarting your computer and/or clearing your browser cache and check if the problem is solved.

For clearing your browser cache, instructions if needed, in the following link:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421890

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009
Old Mar 26 2020, 04:46 PM

Thanks, Mary. The plug is definitely green. I will try the other suggestions .
Old Mar 31 2020, 04:19 AM

If I run out of fuel when working someone's farm, can I refuel and carry on working?
Old Mar 31 2020, 05:09 AM

Quote:
If I run out of fuel when working someone's farm, can I refuel and carry on working?
Hi Sqrl,

Yes, you can refuel from anywhere without having to go to the Fuel Station via the Map icon. Just click on the Fuel Icon top left of your game screen and you will get the option to refuel. Remember to make sure you are very low on fuel before you do it, as it replaces what you have, rather than adding to it.

Tags
bonus, bonus chest, coins, hiring, hiring issues, marketplace, no xp bonuses, show work info, tools missing when hired