Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 02 2021, 02:19 AM

Default new station

happy new year to you all well done im looking foward to the new verion its looking great thank you raol
Old Jan 02 2021, 02:27 AM

Hi, does anyone know if there's a particular problem with Firefox, only I can't get the HTML5 version to load on that browser, it's working fine on Chrome though. Thanks for all the effort you're putting in to get this set up for everyone !
Old Jan 02 2021, 02:51 AM
Acclaimed Farmer ( Level 25 )

Farmer Since: Jun 11 2010
Level:
Trophies: 7
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi needfor suv,
What you get when you click is just HTML. Unity is only the assembler they have used to create the HTML5 code.
You need to update your Chrome as the latest version is at least Chrome Version 86.0.4240.75 or beyond. I do not use Chrome, but know that it is at least up to that version.

Edge is up to version 87. As you are getting the green screen then it is at least partially loading. Please try clearing that browser's cache and then try loading it again.

When you first load the game it will be slow getting loaded as it has to download all of the graphics for the game to the browser cache.
Can't use standard Unity?
I can't update chrome because all the ones newer than 51 have blurry fonts, increasing bigger and flatter UIs, which I HATE!

As for edge, it's already got the ugly flat redesigned web forms, I'm not updating it just for more broken stuff to be added.

At least it still runs flash, edge 84.

But i'd prefer chrome for that.

By green screen I mean it loads a blank profile with nothing

0123 credits/coins.

And it doesn't work on my iPhone either the unity version.

screenshot of the console in edge, which is chromium BS again.

(Also, the graphics that have loaded look terrible compared to the flash version. See the walking man thingo as an example, there's just no AA!)

Visit Farm X

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jan 02 2021, 02:57 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

fyi, the new version loads on all my browsers... Google chrome, Chrome Beta, Edge, Firefox, Vivaldi and Opera. I have noticed on one laptop that the neighbor bar area is smaller as is the print.. but that may be to do with the computers screen size, 13inch.. just a guess..
Old Jan 02 2021, 03:15 AM

The print is way to small for me to see, hurts my eyes after a while, so back to the flash version for me until is gets blocked, then will have to stop playing if this doesnt go back to a more normal size. Photo is taken at same place on each version flash and new one, you can see the difference. The tool box and neighbours bar are also microscopic.

Last edited by Lpeak; Jan 02 2021 at 03:48 AM.
Old Jan 02 2021, 04:56 AM

Hi, thanks for releasing the new game version.
I just started to test planting and in my case, the scrolling function to choose the tools does not show all my tools. It only shows the top and the bottom of all my tools, but not the middle part, where I would find the tool I would like to use now.
Old Jan 02 2021, 06:10 AM
Account Not Linked

Hello Taz

I have great problem, the new version will not load on EDGE, just only on CROME. I hope You are able to help
Happy New Year to your all, Thanks for doing a great job.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?...kmark&count=26.

Last edited by Poul Martin; Jan 02 2021 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Don't know how to share a link to my account
Old Jan 02 2021, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpeak View Post
The print is way to small for me to see, hurts my eyes after a while, so back to the flash version for me until is gets blocked, then will have to stop playing if this doesnt go back to a more normal size. Photo is taken at same place on each version flash and new one, you can see the difference. The tool box and neighbours bar are also microscopic.
Same on my screen, in all browsers I use all scales are much to small, nearly unable to read. The lower box which fills the whole width of the window in flash now only fills half of it.
Old Jan 02 2021, 06:23 AM

It was mentioned in one of the Farmtown Facebook groups yesterday that items (ponds & facilities) that are overlapped off the farm will be lost once Flash disappears. I have many ponds that run off the sides. Is this true? Do we need to move items back into the land boundaries?
Old Jan 02 2021, 06:48 AM
Account Not Linked

The problem with the small text etc that a lot of people have been complaining about, a friend had this problem and I suggested that she try it on a laptop with a bigger screen, she did this and found the text much better, so the problem may well be the size of screen people are using.
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl