Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 03 2011, 09:29 AM

Have a question and wonder if this has happened to anyone else. I posted my black belt for roses, 3 friends claimed them, when I checked my gift box I received one 5-pod rose from each of them. I should have received 426 roses.

Last edited by redqueen67; Jun 03 2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old Jun 03 2011, 09:49 AM
Account Not Linked

Well from my observations, us people on myspace didnt get any of the benefits from this belt stuff. We dont have a "wall" THANK GOODNESS and although i do see belts changing colors on seeds and trees inside the store, the people on myspace DO NOT apparently get any extra boxes of crops or bonuses what-so-ever.
I just harvested 9 farms of wheat and got a 7 degree blackbelt on wheat but i see nothing extra sitting anywhere nor did i get any pop-ups or notifications that i got anything extra or even achieved a certain color of belt.

Who needs karate on a farm anyhow? are we gonna be able to kick someones butt in the market if they annoy us? lol
Old Jun 03 2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
Would it be possible to get the amount needed to reach a belt put in the game guide. It would be interesting to see what the numbers are for each crop and level.
I agree with JAS, it would be great to see the belt requirements in the game guide... by the way JAS, your little table makes great sense... nicely done...

Farming since February 7, 2009
Level 1200+
Farms 1-39 @46x46
Farm 40 @50x50
Farms 41 @42x42 & 42 @36x36

SHELL VALLEY Properties
Old Jun 03 2011, 10:07 AM

I have been searching all of these posts and I STILL cannot figure out how to BLOCK this whole belt thing. Are we really stuck with it? The only option I have is to block Farm Town all together. Then I can't play at all. I would expect Zynga to come up with martial arts "prizes" in a farming game, but not you. We all got to the level we are on by FARMING and POSTING FACILITIES. Earning martail arts "belts" has nothing to do with this. If I need more corn, I will plant more corn, for heaven's sake. It has flooded my news feed and slowed me down in the game itself. Furthermore, my game is taking 6 to 10 minutes to load with all of these shenanigans. So again, how do I block the belts without blocking the whole game?
Old Jun 03 2011, 10:11 AM

Default really wantmore farms available at the same time please. thanks

I'd love to have multiple farms available for purchase at the same time. thanks
Old Jun 03 2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlong1111 View Post
I'd love to have multiple farms available for purchase at the same time. thanks

Well, if you have 7 farms or less, you do..... jk

But I hear ya....

I would be pleased to open FT one day and see that there were 3 more farms available.

Certainly there should be limitations like higher levels or much higher pts. Then the older players might feel that they are being compensated for the many months (years) spent supporting the devs............. and the newer players would understand that it takes time and progress to have the high-end "goodies".

Old Jun 03 2011, 10:30 AM
Account Not Linked

Have been playing FT on and off for 2 years, I am now a daily player and love FT. Personally, I like the belt system and have no issues with the bonus posts. Unlike Zynga games where you post for help and again and again, begging constantly to raise a barn, cater etc , FT gives everyone a bonus. It's not one-sided and never a fail.

There are those of us who do not or cannot stack/layer their farms, the bonus ingredients are much appreciated. There is also somewhat of an end to the bonus ingredient posts... there is a finite amount of items that can receive a belt bonus.

For those worried about non-farmtown friends seeing the posts create a friend list of just your farmtown friends. That way only they see your posts.

FT is a great game, one that I look forward to every day and each month for new facilities and updates.
Old Jun 03 2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
Would it be possible to get the amount needed to reach a belt put in the game guide. It would be interesting to see what the numbers are for each crop and level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hi There,

Here are some updates to the Belt system that we just launched:

1.Currently there are 6 belts that you can achieve, when you reach the first 3 there will be no confirmation box or a chance to ask for a bonus, only a regular non-obstructive fading message on the top of the game.

2.For the higher 3 belts, there will be a notification message and the chance to post to the news feed to get the extra bonus, but users will have the option to close the message box without opening the facebook news feed.

3.There will be limitations similar to the one used for the request ingredients posts:

a. You can ask for the extra bonus only 3 times every 3 hours, users then decide which 3 extra bonus they will request when they get new belts.

b. You can earn up to 250000 coins by receiving or sending bonuses.

4. The limitations will be separate from the one used when you request ingredients, meaning you can post 3 times and earn up to 250000 coins requesting ingredients and also post 3 times and earn up to 250000 coins requesting bonuses on the same 3 hours. Also, you can help a friend by sending him ingredients and also help the same friend right after that by sending him a bonus, you will also get the benefits for both actions if you are below the 250000 limit.

5. This one should be released tomorrow. Users on levels < 150 have 1-2 farms as an average, users on levels > 150 have 8-9 farms as an average, that’s why is difficult to come up with a grade of difficulty for the belts that make everyone happy. So this is what we are going to launch tomorrow:

a. Users on levels < 150 will be getting belts with the same level of difficulty that we have now.

b. For users on levels > 150 and that have already black belts, they would be able to specialize even further by reaching Dan degrees, there will be 6 different Dan degrees that will be much more difficult to achieve for each product. (see) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_(rank) if you are curious about the Dan system). If you have any suggestions for the amount of harvest required for those harder Dan 6 degrees please mention them here.

We think these changes will make things better but we may need to do some additional tweaking later on.

--Raul
Thank you for this update Raul... For most of us, it is much appreciated... I still have not decided if I like the Belt system yet, but I do not dislike it either... I do have a question that I just realized... I am in the process of chopping & shaking trees... Because Pine, Bamboo, Oak, Maple, Cedar trees can be bought in the General Store we see our Belt Levels... but what about the Cinnamon, Plum, Mango, Peach etc... since the giftable trees are not in the store, where can we go to see our Belt Levels for those trees???...

Thanks again for all your hard work... I for one, is thankful... I love this game and it is the ONLY game I play, all others (Zynga games in particular) have been Blocked, save a few...

Farming since February 7, 2009
Level 1200+
Farms 1-39 @46x46
Farm 40 @50x50
Farms 41 @42x42 & 42 @36x36

SHELL VALLEY Properties
Old Jun 03 2011, 11:17 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlaKay View Post
OK, I know I'm slow sometimes, but I just don't get the belts. I have the manure spreader, so I already get 2 for 1 for each crop. What would the purpose of another single box of a crop be for? And is there anything that shows what belts we have? I didn't pay attention to all the pop-ups since they were coming so fast.....
No one answered me, I know it's a stupid question but could someone please explain it to me?
Old Jun 03 2011, 11:29 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I agree with you, the rewards for getting a belt level seem very insignificant, kinda of like the trophies. Maybe we are missing something. It also seems that they are too easy to get.
Closed Thread